Posts by Gtrjunior

HI all,

I just bought a new laptop and can't seem to import my content into RM. I have an external WD hard drive that I have backed up all of my rigs and performances on. I un-zipped the folder and tried to drag and drop the file into my local library. It tells me that one or more of the files are corrupted etc...

I can't seem to figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

it’s a Stage with a Freyette LXII. I posted that in my OP.

HI guys,

another question...

I have a Splawn 1x12 cab (small block speaker) that i want o use as a "real cab" for onstage. I also want to run a xlr to FOH from a Kemper Stage.

I'm powering the Splawn with a Freyette LXII. It has recently been made aware to me that I should be using direct profiles with the real cab.

so...

How do I take an existing studio profile and make it so that I can feed just the direct profile to the cab and that whole studio profile to FOH?

And conversely, how would I make an existing direct profile and make it so it is a studio profile for FOH as well?

Is what I am describing what a merged profile is...one that contains both studio and direct profiles?

Do I need to use the Direct output from the Stage to the real cabinet and the mains out to FOH to achieve what I am trying to do?

I have adjusted the eq settings. In some cases I have brought the treble all the way down to -5.0 (the max reduction) and it was still bright.
    when plugged into the PA, I used XLR out to the board, so can sims are automatically on by default…correct? And I have the high cut setting down to around -7000 +\-

I haven’t tried the definition/clarity control but it just seems odd that I would now need to go in and adjust this for every profile that I want to use…

When I hook up my Stage to a real cab the tone I’m getting is almost painfully bright. I tried it through 2 different cabs (2x12 & 1x12) as well as my PA system.
    when I hook it up to my A/I and through my computer and into the studio monitors it sounds killer.
    The basic tone isn’t horrible, I just can’t warm it up.
    I’m sending the stage out to a Freyette LXII and then into the cab.
    I feel like the problem is not because the speaker or amp coloration or anything like that. I have the suspicion that I have some setting wrong.
    I can’t seem to get some pics I took to upload. It’s telling me the file is too big.
    If someone can tell me how to upload a pic, I’ll be happy to post them.

I’m making a lot of progress with this. Thanks to all that helped.
    I’ve ordered a Weber beam blocker, which I have installed in another cabinet and really helps.

More….

In the output section, are all of those settings global? IOW, I should use those settings to shape the overall tone that comes out of the cabinet. And the individual profiles should still be tweaked from the amplifier section?