Posts by JoshuaL1

You can use a mixer. When playing at gig volumes then the volume difference should not be that noticeable to the audience especially in the mix of a band. But I would prefer that the volumes are equal if that can be possible. I am not defending the way DT's work now but I know how to compensate for it.

dont want and don’t have time to use a mixer live lol.
    I play show with 10kwatts to 20 kwatts and a little difference can be really noticeable.
    but it’s a solution.

those differences must be set by user’s choice.
    doubling guitars doesn’t necessarily means you have to deal with frequencies volume on the master output.

And for a profiler/modeler it’s a non sense to deal with left/right master volume.

How do you use it live? How do you handle this differences in right/left volumes for a preset that doesn’t use DT?

Makes no sense in the real live world.

and it does not deal with a official release that doesn’t solve the beta « random phase » problem.

I agree.

It’s a piece of gear that claims to be « high end » and « professional grade ».

But, it’s really insecure to work with…

Problems with rig manager, performances, freezing, delay and reverb in a preset but suddenly disappear, performances switching that is sometimes buggy, load times of the unit that is also acting weird (I only have 5 rigs in my stage) etc etc etc.
    i had to stop using performances for my shows because of the instability.

Not even mentioning the battery problem that I have on a brand new stage bought in April, that causes insecurities in my job.

The lack a high end customer care for a so called « professional unit » : I’m a active pro musician, I just can’t afford the time to get in touch with the shop where I bought it, send it to them, they send it to kemper, they send it to me bla-bla-bla. way too much time, I got to work with it!

I once had a problem with a faulty battery on a Macbook pro, solved in two days with one phone call to apple to get a new unit by ups.

Sure the kemper is a great piece of gear, but damn.. back in the days I never had such problem with a line6 pod x3 live. No bugs or what so ever.

I hope kemper will one day solve those problems

Can you demonstrate one bug using current OS and Rig Manager?

performances randomly don’t want to save correctly on the stage (and yes I’ve read the manual). Slots name saving sometimes won’t let me change the name of a rig in performance.
    performance rig won’t change the name of the loaded rig even if you do it manually. It keeps the old one no matter what I do

rig manager randomly causing the stage to freeze and bug when browsing profiles. Especially annoying.

etc etc.

I’m upping this post because it’s the best advice ever given for the kemper. :)

as Styvok said, it just solves the « amp not in the room » thing.

Any user should try it!

Thanxs !

Minimal use for me.

Kemper stage with Ep1-kp straight to FoH :)

Only one profile and one cab from one other profile, that I’ve tweaked to death to get 5 tones.

Clean - breakup - crunch - distortion - lead.

Each of the tones (apart the lead) have a morphing available to get some lead tones dedicated to the channel.

wha for every preset in first block.

on top of that also have octaver-od-chorus-delay available in each of the effect switches.

édit: I’m waiting to get a stable release to try the new double tracker. From what I hear it’s gonna have it’s own dedicated block in each of my presets :)

Yes, you are adjusting the right thing. Clean sense shouldn’t have any effect on high gain sounds. Someone posted recently saying that it definitely does even though the manual says it doesn’t. However, I tested it afterwards and I couldn’t hear any difference (which is what Kemper say to expect) so either Kemper are correct or the change is subtle wenough that my ears can hear it ?

it can only have effect on a distorted tones.
    we can say it’s true that it doesn’t alter the gain in the profile but it drives the amount of gain of the input.

So less clean sense, less gain.

But it can be tweaked by boosting dist sense a bit.

Really depends on your needs.

I use to make a performance per song but get really tired of switching 22 times if someone decided to play that specific songs lol.
    and generally it’s like « hey next one is blabla -1second- and you hear the drummer or the click goes 1-2-3-4 lol.

So despite the wonderfull possibilities of kemper performances I decided to do as if I had a tube amp and a pedalboard.

I create 5 presets :

clean - breakup- crunch- distortion-lead

Each one have a morph to instantly get lead tones versions of them

Then some overdrive and effects I can had on top.

Way easier lol.

I had to make some compromises but it’s better that way on stage.

And if a song requires really specific effect I create a specific rig for it.

My 2 cents

Hi!

I’m considering using the double tracker (but no way I’m gonna update on a beta lol) for live use for some bands where I am the only guitar player.

Is it possible to have just a subtle settings to fatten up the tone and create a little more « stereo space »?

Thanxs

You have to create and tweak some dedicated profiles for going straight to FOH.

Lock everything on your existing profiles expect the cab block and browse through as many rigs as possible to find a cab that can suits your need.

Then tweak it.

Hope it helps.

Ps: I use my stage FOH and had hard times finding and tweaking my profiles to sound full and big.

Hi there.

Thanxs to all for your interest and help!

I’m at 99% succeeding in getting the tone I want with the kemper stage ^^.

It has not been easy, had to find the right cab, right amp profile, right settings, I learned a lot of things and now I can say I got a pretty bad ass tone lol.

Here’s a little thing I wrote with those tones

tell me what you think !

https://m.soundcloud.com/joshu…future-new-song-made-with