Posts by JoshuaL1

Hi!

I bought my stage brand new last year in April.

Since I have it, I have this problem, I’m hearing a high fuzzy layer on top of every profile.

At the start I thought it was like that and the « It’s a miced amp tone blabla ».

But before the kpa I played with a tube amp and a torpedo live and didn’t have that problem.

I have those tones no matter if I play my strat, my tele, wireless or cable, direct to monitoring, or with my Soundcard or straight to foh or whatever.

I tried everything, all the updates, init global, system full reset checked every détails countless times.

So I recorded some samples with some well known profiles coming with the kemper stage in rig manager.

The profiles are M Britt 69 mars 50 9 3 and JCM 800 1 5 2.

I did a init global just before recording. Remove all post effects and set the master to main mono to be sure it’s a straight recording.

The last one is with single delay preset and single delay preset set at 50% mix.

I’m becoming mad.

I’ve done everything, pickups height, strings height etc. On all guitars.

There is always that fuzzy layer, no matter which profile I play. I already had some comments on that top end when I posted some sample on some fb groups. Also a strange reaction of the attack.

No clipping anywhere

I also have the « set up clock » problem since the beginning.

Please help.

The samples : recorded with a fender strat deluxe 50th anniversary 2004 with sd jbjr in the bridge and Texas special custom shop fender neck.

Xlr straight into Soundcard (usb) to logic.

69 mars 50 93:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ?

jcm 800 1 5 2

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ?

Jcm 800 + delay

?

Following.

One year of struggle with the kemper here.

I’m used to dial to go direct to foh, was using a tube amp and a torpedo live before the kemper. But nothing of what I used to do before work with the kemper stage.

One year that I’m trying to get a realistic and great sound with the kemper, no matter what profile I try (Britt, Bert’s etc) sound without body, clean got no headroom, even if I turn down presence, cut at 6,5/7k I have that king of fake artificial fizz.

No matter I had profile or tweak I always have like a high layer that don’t want to leave.

I’m really lost. I’m even thinking my kemper is defective sometimes.

I also have like artifacts each time I put a drive (even green scream) in front an crunch profile.

I also hear it even I turn all the parameters to zero.

Not really like a chorus but Kind of. It does it with all the delays and reverb. Like a layer on it

+1

that was exactly my point.

when I’m on tour I don’t always take my rig at home. It stays in the truck that directly goes to the other town.

So having just the possibility of tweaking a profile like adding delays, programming tempo etc could be done on Rig Manager, put on a usb dongle and loaded at soundcheck. So even just having the settings would be fine for me.

Rigs are stored on your computer, I’m sure they could be loaded with the settings in it.

Sure I can do it at soundcheck, but tweakin in a hurry and make lose every other people time is not a great idea on tour.

That’s not because you don’t have understand this need that it would not be useful for others.

Honestly sounds really great but…

prices are really high for a pack of 1 to 5 profiles.

The problem is that you certainly spent a lot of time and work doing these profiles and dialing them on the sweet spot BUT the main thing with the kemper is that the profile and the sweet spot are really different depending on the guitar and of course the ears of the profiler and customer.

So many of us here have already spent a lot of money on profiles and we know that even if the demo sounds really great and with no post processing it might not work for us.

So having only one or 5 profiles is not worth takin the risk.

I’m sure you are a talented and commîtes seller but at least take one profile and give it for free only to try.

If they please the customers you’ll certainly get many sells.

My 2 cents,

wish you all the best for your profiles sells.

I think there is a real risk of people over thinking it as well.

i totally agree with that.

Before those units we just took our amps, tweak a little the eq on the amp and that was done.

Now, we over think a lot, and maybe we ( me at least) tend to want of complète mastered track sound out of our units.

Honestly sometimes I just don’t remember how a amp really sounds, I overthought everything since I got the kemper.

I went to listen to some stem tracks (isolated guitars) to refresh my ears and was really surprised how I forgot the high mids and the highs importance in a guitar tone for example.

Didn’t try that but maybe it’s gain related.

Not the gain of the amp section but the gain/level with the daw/soundcard you are sending to MixIr3.

As the kemper is not a soundcard like a fractal for example you need to be really careful and spend a lot of time with those input/output level

but I may be wrong though.

Also check if there’s no eq activated in MixIr

Hi,

i already have a mission EP1-kp that I used as wha AND volume, but it was a mess when engaging the wha, not a solution for me.

So I just use the EP as wha and wanted to find a cheap expression pedal for volume control (output) as I do t use it that much.

So I bought the M AUDIO exp pedal and it works like a charm. Cost: 14€90 8)

I’m tempted to buy one more for morphing now lol.

Strange because Bert’s profiles are my number one profiles after trying and spending a lot of money on other profilers.

His demo are really what you get. The only factor is really the guitar he plays on his demo.

I also have the BEC pack and this year my main tour guitar is a 50th anniversary strat with jb jr on the bridge and 2 Texas Special. The only real difference is the pickups tone compared to him but the tone is there.

Did you try a full reset? Are you sure you don’t have a parameter locked anywhere.

If it was another profiler, I would say « yeah normal » but coming from Bert it’s strange.