Posts by G String

rig manager can edit everything but the author tags for the amp and the cabinet. as you know, you can edit those only on the hardware. in order to avoid all that, you might want make sure that the rig you did select before starting your profiling session contains all the right author tags already. i don't think there is anything wrong with rig manager.
    thanks for pointing out your problem with the length of some tags - we'll check that in Rig Exchange.
    gs

Received my Sweetwater calatog today

let me try to shed some light on the story of sweetwater and remote. we treat all worldwide dealers the same: they cannot obtain Remote from us as a separate product. whatever happened when sweetwater started to take orders although they did have all the right info in place goes beyond what i know and IMO it shouldn't matter. why? because i'm positive that they did it with good intentions. same goes for the catalog which contains wrong information, see above.
    for those who have a Remote backordered at sweetwater, please get in touch with us. as stated elsewhere, we will offer you to switch your order and put it on our priority shipment list (aka "early bird"). we might not be able to offer you all the same payment options at this point in time but we are taking in opinions voiced on this thread for sure.
    gs

I just wish someone from Kemper would answer one of the 2 support emails I sent . I want to confirm my order is correctly on the early bird list and not just an order.
    The email I got this mornig stating the Remotes would start shipping next week ,came to my work Email???

that's because you've applied for your "early bird" status using your work email. if you have ordered Remote using another email address please contact us here: http://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

gs

Rescator -

i've checked the account linked to the email address you've used when subscribing to this forum and there are no open orders and no money has been deducted. you might have used another email address when ordering but unless we know which one you've used, we cannot check if there is an order.
    as for paypal: paypal is always instant. in other words, we cannot bill through paypal later and if you don't see money taken out of your paypal account, there was no transaction at all. check your account, in case there is something wrong, let us know and we'll help.
    as for not reading your email: i've just checked and our sales email works just fine. you cannot reply directly to your newsletter though. in this case you will receive a mail instructing you to use the forum on our website.
    in any case: if you want to get in touch, please use the contact form you've mentioned in your own mail.
    thanks, gs

Ok, you have a 25 page thread on an editor request. While I have your attention, could you please give us something on where this stands if at all?

Rig Manager 1.3 will roll out shorty and support aspects of the forth coming firmware 3.0. we also showed a technology preview of Rig Manager 2.0 at NAMM in january which allows to edit performances. 2.0. once this version is feature complete, we'll have more details and eventually a release date.
    but i cannot look into the future, for now, we don't have an editor. feature request in general, we totally appreciate and we take the freedom to leave those uncommented if we prefer to to. i think that's just fair.
    back to on topic things now, okay?
    gs

The OP said he was told he could get one in June. That seems a ways off to me. How many people have asked this question on this board?
    It may very well be in the time frame posted. Just seems a bit out to some.

we have timeframe when we start shipping (Q1/2015) and we are building units since a while. so there is a good chance that most will receive their Remotes in a timely fashion. Early birds' orders get priority, independently of when they've ordered. the later you order, the more time it will take to get one. this will get better once we start shipping and reduce our backorder. what happens here is something totally expected and normal.

If no one from Kemper answers questions "publicly", this will happen. Over and over. It has happened on this forum over and over. It will continue to happen if you guys keep ignoring peoples questions. Instead of "We have Spoken".
    My "silence" remark stems from so many people asking so many questions on here to never get an answer.

we cannot answer every single question on this forum. there are to many posts. in order to get a guaranteed response, one should contact us by email or call our hotline. right now, we face high traffic - so in case we haven't answered a question, please bare with us, we do our best to get back asap.

One of the big ones for me was the fact that you guys started selling the Remote BEFORE you even explained what the damn thing does and how it works.

after rolling out the announcement on our website and issuing the press release, we've started to take orders. one can download the manual to get more details on Remote and i believe we've answered loads of technical questions on this forum as well. i'm pretty sure that we missed questions, but in difference to what you say, this is more down to not seeing those than not wanting to answer.
    in general: nobody has to buy Remote now, if one wants to wait for the press and user reviews to come in, why not doing so?

i would appreciate if we could continue this conversation in a friendly tone.

gs

Too much silence from the Kemper camp.
    They throw a tidbit here and there. Makes you wonder if they are having technical problems with it or with manufacturing.

which information are you missing? and why do you think we have technical problems? last time i've checked, we didn't even reach the limits of our shipping timeframe Q1/2015
    gs

I put in an support ticket because the cost is still showing as 599 Euro for the unit. Apparently, It should actually be 419 euro (including removed VAT) but as soon as you put it in the shopping cart it goes to 599 Euro. From what I have been reading the total with shipping should be 469.00 Euro. Why would I pay more than 110 more than my US counterparts? The way they have it setup in the store, I would be paying 649Euro. Once converted to Canadian dollars that is like 923 for the foot controller! What? Makes no sense at all.

paul- it should be all good now. the problem originated from your account settings, not the store in general. we have adjusted those now. you'll receive an invoice before we start shipping and you haven't been charged so far. we will honor your early bird status.
    gs

If I were you, presentation would be at NAMM, but the product should be ready. Changes after public presentation?! Are you serious? That should be done already. The Profiler is amazing, but the remote is no rocket science.

hmm, but the last time i've checked, you were not us ;) - in any case it is Q1/2015 like it was three weeks ago at NAMM. hold your horses cowboys!
    gs

we have not issued delivery dates to dealers as yet. as a result, what you read elsewhere on the web is speculation. "Early Bird" orders we hope to start rolling out in late february, for the rest, all we can say is Q1/2015. Profiler Remote was received excellently and for the first couple of month, we might face one or the other backorder-type of situation.

"Early Bird" was a promotion we were running at the beginning on january. users were invited to put their names down on a priority list. once they've ordered, the order automatically became prioritized. The list is closed now, we don't take more on board. for those who haven't ordered yet although they have sent in their names, you can still do that.

best, gs