The Official "Ambrosi Amps' Retrofit Power Amps for the Profiler" thread

• Well, frankly speaking, when you call out people that are responsible for EU regulations as Nazi's or their regulations as Nazi regulations you actually DIMINISH the real inhuman and cruel deeds that were done by the Nazi regime. Easy. Don't do it. Stop it.
    And please keep the forums CLEAN of any 'political' statements like these.

@ Ingolf
    Ah...I did not see it that way before, but I get your point now. You are right.
    Tilman

• I agree, I went too far , involving "political" issues, I was triggered.

But, on the end, everything is politics , but lets pretend we are out of that in this Forum.

Small CE issue, show us that we have to put some more effort to pretend .....

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• do you know how many people still get killed by " CE certified " equipment ?
    this is not regulations which saves you, it is real quality and you self as a user .
    CE is boolshit.

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"[2][3]— that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

Promulgated by American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's Law originally referred, specifically, to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums,chat rooms and blog comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles and other rhetoric.[5][6]

In 2012, "Godwin's Law" became an entry in the third edition of the Oxford English Dictionary.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    :D

• So, you see ... :P:D

• I'll have to agree with Ingolf on the general matter.

OTOH, I'm sure our friend Rescator did not imply that the legislators that created the economical rules in EU were members of the Nazi Party. It's quite a common way (here in Italy as well) to address someone acting in a lobbistic, leveraging way to achieve some (more or less hidden) goal.

Words choice apart, I fully understand what he means, and regardless me agreeing with this vision, I recognize that this opinion is shared by many, specially in those countries where you have the feeling that Powers (Government, lobbies etc) never act to favour the actual growth of people but always in their own interest.
    This is of course not the case of the civilized (no pun intended) Germany, where the quality of life is perhaps the highest in Europe.

Also, I want to thank Tillman, whose observations are always accurate and well-timed.

• One thing that usually happens in Italy (the country where things are made in order to not let anything work) is that when we have to pa some new tax it's because "Europe asks us to". Usually, no mention is made of those thousands of things, strange small rules, frills, ethical and practical paradoxes, 18Th Century's laws that every day choke genius people who would otherwise really show who they are and what we can do as people, rather than being obliges (still today) to transfer to another Country.
    They used to call that "emigration", today it's a more elegant "brains leak". It's exactly the same.
    Really, you have no idea, guys...This is clearly a plot, but it would be too long to discuss and demonstrate here.

• Guys,

CE on electrical equipment stands for electrical safety for the most part.

Electrical safety safes lives.

I do not see anything bad in electrical safety and if you think it is Nazi to respect rules for electrical safety and follow these rules, well, that must make me a Nazi then.

Have a good night!
    Tilman

• specially in those countries where you have the feeling that Powers (Government, lobbies etc) never act to favour the actual growth of people but always in their own interest.

Oh, over here it's not a feeling, it's a blindingly obvious fact of life.

But enough threadjacking, I'm reporting that an ATM-70 has arrived to my house today, hopefully safe and sound. I don't have a cab to test it out at the moment so I'll just have to take everyone's word for it that it sounds great! ;)

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• @ Denis: Yep, exactly. I used to call my parents Nazis as well when I was an adolescent :D

In certain countries it has become an idiomatic expression. It means an oppressive power, usually not inspired by the "right", which aims at its own interest only.

• Guys,
    CE on electrical equipment stands for electrical safety for the most part.
    Electrical safety safes lives.
    I do not see anything bad in electrical safety and if you think it is Nazi to respect rules for electrical safety and follow these rules, well, that must make me a Nazi then.

Tilman, you're clearly a smart person so I don't think you're missing the point when you take part to threads related to the AmbrosiAmps products.
    You make it sound like the absence of the CE stamp equals not respecting the rules of proper engineering and construction, and even worse equals representing a danger for health or life.
    Has it ever come to your mind that a skilled and responsible builder can actually build something that exceeds the safety rules?

I do not usually take part in threads related to KPA-Solutions products, if not for saying good things. Not sure whether this is just a matter of ethics or personal attitude, it just feels proper to me.
    If you have further observations, feel free to PM me.

:)

• In Europe ,if you want to grow a small vegetable/herbs garden in your back yard , you need certificate !!!

So untrue. Today we ate cauliflower soup from frozen cauliflower which we grew in our own garden during the summer. And we did eat fresh vegetables all sumer!
    No certificates needed. Really.

• Today we plugged into the Marshall 2x12 Cab that comes with the Marshall 1987X and 1978X hand wired Re-Issue amps.

I got my bud Pieter to play the intro to Sweet Child of mine, neck pickup on the Tokai, and whilst he played I kept cranking the volume until I hit 10.
    We've played many tubes amps in this shop and loud, Pieter owns some great tube amps, he was completely blown away at the tone we were getting.
    At 8/9/10 volume he said it was louder than he's ever played any of his tube amps.

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/IMG_0410_zps779585a4.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/IMG_0418_zps80504512.jpg]

• Today we plugged into the Marshall 2x12 Cab that comes with the Marshall 1987X and 1978X hand wired Re-Issue amps.

I got my bud Pieter to play the intro to Sweet Child of mine, neck pickup on the Tokai, and whilst he played I kept cranking the volume until I hit 10.
    We've played many tubes amps in this shop and loud, Pieter owns some great tube amps, he was completely blown away at the tone we were getting.
    At 8/9/10 volume he said it was louder than he's ever played any of his tube amps.

His face looks quite happy ;)

Did you experiment with the Input sensitivity trimmer in the end?

• I tried contacting you the same way, T.! Got the same response so I'm guessing it could have something to do with your "conversation" security options?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.