Posts by Mats_Nermark

Hi,

Sometimes I have a problem with getting the right balance between the treble and the midrange in a profile in the same way that I sometimes have with real amps and other modelers. For some musical situation it's just not the way I want it. With the KPA I have found that a slight adjustment of the amp Definition perameter gives me exactly what I want to hear. Increasing it does a little something to the balance of the sound. I can't explain it better than this and this may only be to my ears but I thought I would share it all the same.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I'm used to links in forums opening new browsewr windows. So when I'm done listening to the clips or downloading something I usually close the browser window and have the forum broswer still there. Now I tend to close the Kemper forum and no sane person wants tot close the Kemper forum. 8)

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

One very cool and outstanding feature of the Virus Synth is the Total Integration plug-in.
    I would love to see such a plug-in with the KPA where I can stream audio to and from the KPA, edit the KPA from inside my DAW (Cubase) and even manage my Rigs to makes sure I always have the same rigs available in my tunes.

That would be a game-changer in the amp modeling world.
    Considering CK is the guy behind the Total Integration package then maybe we can hope.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

There are two kinds up firmware updates. Public and development updates.

The public updates are the ones released to the customers and the development updates are released to the development team and the beta users. SInce the first release I have seen booth public and development updates. So withoiut being a spokesman for the company I think we can safely assume that Kemper is going full tilt at both fixing bugs and giving us more functionality.

Cheers,

Mats N

Here's my list:

Komet
    A very special Marshall Super Lead
    Suhr Michael Landau model
    Suhr Badger
    Germino
    Van Weldeen top
    Van Weldeen Gainland

I know a studio that has these amps but I can't afford the time there to profile them.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

You can load a boost pre or post amp/stack. I do this a lot. If I need the post amp slot for another effect then I program a switch on my MIDI-pedal to to send MIDI CC7 to set the master volume.

Cheers,

Mats N

I may be in sort of a unique situation having had the KPA for some time but I now have almost 1000 Rigs and it's getting difficult to manage them so a Favorite function would be welcome.

Cheers,

Mats N

+100 on the librarian.

I have so many Rigs that it's difficult to manage them.

File transfer to my Mac using a USB stick works flwlessly BUT as the kipr files starts with the edit date it's very hard to know what is what. If I have a kipr of a Rig it has one date asnd then just change the delay time 1 ms and resave to same nam, to me that's the same Rig but not to the KPA as it has a new save time. This means the Rig will show up twice in my Mac. This is very unnessecary and makes it hard for me to managa files. So unless there's a namning change in the KPA or something we really need a librarian very soon.

Personally I don't feel the need for an Editor as the KPA is so incredibly easy to use. YMMV.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi Armin,

I haven't checked this and I'm reading this from a place where there's no KPA.

But I have noticed that, to me, the lock behaviour can be different if you lock individual fx buttons compared to if you lock the entire fx section.

Having said that, I haven't had any problems locking any stomps or fx in any firmware version.

Cheers,

Mats N

Anyone got a real Brian-May-Setup with Ac30 and Fryer Booster or Tb83? I always try rebuilding the sound but the full pick sound and the high cleans when reducing guitar volume I just cannot get... love Brian's live sound. Can Kemper send one to Brian please? ;)

Hi Elfredo,

I think Peter Fischer profiled just such a set up in his sessions with Kemper.
    I found it and hope this is what your looking for. It's an AC30 with a Brian May Decay amp/booster in front of it.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/207453…%20AC%20BM%20Booster.kipr

Cheers,

Mats N

Thank you very much Mats, i post a video on Youtube with one of your profile (and i wrote obviously the author of the profile). I'm trying to cover various aspect on the KPA posting videos of different musical tones, i use your "MN T HTD HG2 57C Tyl". Compression lower the overall quality of tone, but for an idea it's ok. If you want to see, it's here. Bye!

Hi Rafport,

That sounded really good. I have to try that profile again. 8)

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats,

could you, please, translate your file naming for us, please? All the rigs are tagged under "Traynor" as amp....

Yup, that may be a good idea.
    As I was the first beta tester/pioneer and had no experience of profiling I was experimenting a bit with gain structure, mic placement and pedals.
    So here is my naming convention.
    MN = my initials to easily find my profiles in the KPA
    T = Amp in this case Traynor YCV-40 which is my main gigging amp.
    C, LG, MG or HG = amount of gain. C = clean, LG = Low Gain, MG = Medium Gain and HG = High Gain
    The number that follows the gain amount is the profile number taken of the same gain amount. So if it says C4 it was the 4th profile I did of the amp set clean.
    Then comes microphone and placement. For these profiles I used an SM57 and C = center cone, M = mid of cone and E = edge of cone
    Some end with 335 which means I made these profiles using my 335 to set up the sounds. If they end with Tyler I used my Tyler HSS superstrat to set up the sound.

There are however exceptions to these rules. If you see some letter between T and the gain description like "MN T Ecs HG1 57C" then these letter tell you I profiled the amp with a pedal in front. In these instances the amp was set clean and gain was supplied the pedals. The pedals were Custom Tones Ethos, Wampler Ecstacy, Fulltone Plim Soul, Fulltone Fulldrive, Suhr Koko Boost, Rockett Pedals Flex Drive, Blackstar HT-Dual, Wampler Pinnacle and Suhr Riot.
    Then there are some exceptions to this that I don't really remember why I named them the way I did.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mats N