Posts by ckemper

I think Kemper is absolutely amazing, stunning, groundbreaking, but I am one of those who would love to use the Kemper + cab as the perfect replacement for a tube amp (even though it is a great recording/direct to PA solution), simply because (in my outdated head), I still see the electric guitar as a "complete instrument" only when coupled with a amplified cabinet.

Have you tried it yet?

In the thread about the footcontroller CK told about his idea of a boost that also contains a postamp volume boost. Now he didn't say if that will be part of a coming FW or only a function of the FC. I hope it'll be in an upcoming FW because I believe that I'm not the only one that would love that feature.

This will be part of a future firmware.

Don't get me wrong: i feel that the whole has become less spongy and more natural in the attack. I don't know if there's something about the new gate, about latency, about anything different in the algorithm, but i like it more than before.
    I cannot exclude that it's just a "120% more real" syndrome :thumbup:

Thanks !
    But we have not applied any changes to the core sound engine since the release of the profiler.
    Must be your imagination. But it's a good imagination!

In three month or so somebody will say 'I have gone back to 1.09 because the new firmware sounds too fizzy. The old one is much fatter'. ;)

In out sister company Access Music (Virus Synthesizer) we have a 15 years history of compatible sounds. You can load a sound from 1997 into the latest Virus and it'll sound the same.

We have no plans or ideas to improve the core sound engine of the profiler in terms of getting closer to something.
    If we ever applied changes to that in the future, we will still make existing profiles and rigs sound the same.

My plan is to let your profiles and rigs sound the same in 15 years, as you have created it today. No matter what hardware, software or firmware you run it on. Of course there will be improvements and paradigm shifts. But no technical innovation can algorithmically improve the sounds that you have created by 20% or whatsoever.
    If there is an innovation, you will have to add it to your sound by hand and in purpose.

Of course, if there is noise etc. to reduce, we will try our best. But I don't consider this to be part of the sound.

CK

Oh my good! ;)
    Yes, that is a new behavior of the new firmware.
    Best is anyway to adjust Clean Sense by comparing to clean sounds.
    On high gain sounds the clean sense does not have an impact.
    But we might change that behavior for future updates.

That's really good news. Just a suggestion, maybe you should offer some of the guys here to be beta testers for you. They seem to have a clear understanding of how these things work and are pretty good at finding issues, explaining them in detail, replicating them, producing clips,...

We have a big number of beta testers.
    The flaw that I am fixing was not even heard by Hadley ;)

On the other hand:
    A user that opens a thread pointing out a topic, after we have been in direct contact with him and promised to work on this topic doesn't really qualify as a beta tester.

I have noticed the aliasing in the higher note register with nearly the entire range of gain in the KPA, from low to high from any profile, by any author. I have been profiling for the last several days, and when I A/B my source amp and KPA profile, it's very evident. Even if the aliasing is not jumping out at you, it kind of floats around in the background, almost subliminally.
    I imagine that the sine sweep test by dhodgson would have likely demonstrated the noise with almost any amount of gain.

No, by physics the distortion aliasing level is a function of gain.
    Hodgsons sine sweeps were high gain only.
    I can easily create noticable aliasing on many modelers with sine sweeps.

Some stated to hear aliasing with clean guitar sounds. Yet to be demonstrated.

If you are that accurate about your amp sound, you should be as picky about the PA your band is presented to your audience. Does your front singer sound any good with these PAs?
    If backline amps are the problem, you should have your own power amp (maybe solid state).

I don't want to make the Profiler a complex tool to correct the individual flaws of the surrounding equipment.
    We will not go beyond the four band eq for main and monitor eq.

Recently I tried to adapt my sound to a cabinet by our 8 band graphical eq.
    I reached my goal, but it was not fun or intuitive, and I know this does not fit the needs of a vast majority of our customers.

You could solve all these problems by playing your Profiler studio sound FRFR, or PA or in-ear, as the majority of pro's do. Singers and keyboarders have always done that. Your FOH guy will love it!

What is better, wah wah or high/low pass

Funny question.
    Just try it out and trust your ears ;)

It would be good if the soft clip could be turned on and off. With soft clip always on, it's seems impossible to accurately profile a tube DI, or a Neve 1073 for instance, without the KPA adding its own soft clipping effect. To be able to profile the character of such devices would be rather nice.

The soft clipping is only taking effect in the last 6 db of the digital headroom. The rest is linear. This is a common technic, as you probably know.