Posts by Sergeant_Pepper

Some 2cents:

- When doing vocals give the FOH-Guy the LOUDEST level you'll sing. Nothing is more annoying for FOH than re-adjusting vocal levels and compression when an adrenaline pumped-up singer starts shouting in his mic at the gig while being soft and gentle at the soundcheck. Please (!) Tell that your singer as well! Please.
    - Levels matter for your guitar signal as well. Quick cheating advice: Give the FOH the loudest Guitar Signal as well. After Soundcheck give your main output (Master) +1,5db ;)
    - When doing monitoring, make sure you'll do it in a predefined order (Drummer first, than Bass player, etc etc.). No one wants an anthill of voices when doing monitoring.
    - Have a spare cable for almost every cable you have. Your bassplayer will be grateful.
    - Do your stuff fast. I don't know if you'll be sharing a stage with many bands but everybody is happy if you are quick.
    - Don't be too drunk at your gig (tell that everyone in your band).
    - Don't be too drunk to pack your stuff. Your bank account will be grateful.
    - Help your bandmates.
    - Be nice to FOH. There is always prejudice that they are d*cks. But most of the time you are the d*ck. Or both are d*cks or just think that the other one might be a d*ck. Don't be a d*ck. Be gentle. :saint:
    - There is a theory that FOH guys are always jealous. They don't get any fame. If they are good, tell them you really liked what they did. Thats their reward.
    - Be five minutes early at the venue.
    - Have two spare setlists for lighting and FOH.
    - Bring Ducktape.
    - Steal Ducktape if the FOH was a d*ick
    - Send a technical rider! (Most of the time they won't read it, but if you are lucky they did and it saves you all 30 minutes of soundcheck)
    - Don't show off. Don't play if you do not have to. Don't do a spontaneous jam session on stage. Don't waste time and tolerance.
    - Don't forcibly engage other bands into "the gear talk". I love talking about gear but some are quickly annoyed by questions like "what kind of strings do you use? Why? blablabla".
    - All that "advice" is meant to to be as advice. Not a strikt rule. But compliance will result in a more pleasing experience. Trust me.

For future:

- Try to reduce the overall amount of gear. We (4 people) played professionally a lot of gigs and only used an Opel Astra Combi with a roof box. Yes, Including drums! Saves a lot of money for gas. We gigged with a Led Zeppelin coverband who carried around a big double-bassdrum kit. They miced up only one kick. 'nuff said. X/

It has never been anything about "war". I followed this thread to learn something. I never said that the "theories" might be or not be true or that anybody has no right to criticize. Humanity actually needs critics to progress. Nobody should be put down or silent for the inconvenient truth (if there is one). ;)

Nevertheless, I can't see any contribution towards the topic by showing a comparisation of four real miced cabinets. There are other threads covering that (there are actually a few specially dedicated towards that in the Commercial Profiles or Other Gear section), so let us just focus on actual input here. This thread is alredy 15 pages long... and it's not getting better by posting stuff that does not bring us further.

I am indeed inquisitive what's behind the magic so keep it comming. (The actual content!)

Rest of the Kemper works the same as before. There Merged ones don't sound better when going direct. They just provide a better Amp/Cab seperation for people who like their cab on stage and for people who have their Top 10 virtual Cabs (made with 3.0) stored in their Kemper.

I've never played the Kemper with a cab yet, but I think you can use the merged profiles with the "monitor out" into your poweramp that feeds your physical cab(s).
    I think it is the monitor out, but I'm not shure about that. Maybe someone could step in here plz.
    This particular out on the backside of the Kemper bypasses the virtual cab section which is - in case of a merged profile - completely seperated from the virtual amplifier portion and vice verca.

So You have the full head with your physical cabs. But only with Direct (Made with a DI-Box out of the Amps Speaker-Jack) and Merged Profiles.

The Profiles I suggested were only for Studio or Kemper-Directly-to-PA use. They are really great.

Not really. In order to efficiently switch cabs you need cabs from merged profiles. Only through this process the Kemper can calculate the "real" cabinet fingerprint.
    Then you can use the separated cabs with any Merged Profile or Direce Profile, because there already was a separation.

Cabs from merged Profiles are 100% Cabs. And merged Profiles in general are 100% divided.

That means that if you don't like someones micing skills you can still use the amp portion for 100% and use another cab where the micing was better. (It's 80% about the micing. Really.)
    Before that swapping Cabs took away some of the (Power)-Amp Section. And the cab part was just a "guess".

I really recommend buying a pack or two from Tonehammer. Their profiles are "merged", which means you can use their cabinets with these new merged Dual Recto Profiles here. You'll have a 100% Cab/Amp Separation. You'll have killer cabs to use if someone else is as generous to provide a full spectrum of his amp in merged format.