Posts by kilihahn

Sorry but there is no logic in this...Adding noise is adding noise..you take something quite low in noise floor you will get a little more...if it already has a lot then it will be even more ..
    Now may be the KPA direct out isn't optimized for anything else than a real tube amp and do not want to see something like a an AXE...but I'll also wait for someone to post a recording of a real amp and its profiled version so we can compare the noise level..so far nobody did ;) ..if it doesn't happen I will ask a friend to bring a good amp 100% tube and I'll do it myself

logic? maybe no, maybe yes. depends on if we're really talking about clearly "adding" noise or just a kpa-related minimal noise floor for a rig with a certain amount of distortion. which, in the axe case might be higher, in another case might be lower. still, i don't want to pretend to have a clue here.

not sure that i'm on the right track here, but it was clearly stated that the kpa is NOT made for profiling modelers. if i'm not mistaken here, the axe II, where this profile comes from, is quite stellar in it's noise performance, with some hardware tricks involved. so i wouldn't mind if the kpa produces this tiny bit of more noise compared to a tool that has like the least amount of hiss in the world, but doesn't sound like a real amp either. compared to real amps, i don't expect the kpa to fail in a comparison... just speculation & experience here, but proove me wrong and i'm sure ck will chime in...

main rig is a custom strat -> kpa -> rcf tt 25 sma which replaced a vht pittbull clx with fractal axe II into a mesa recto cabinet. i'm saving like 120 pounds to carry and miss... almost nothing - apart from a basic looper, pitch, and a few fancy fx that i barely used. control is a simple midi mouse + expr. pedal these days as i sold my bulky mfc 101 and am (unpatiently) waiting for what kemper comes up with... btw - new setup is also like 5k€ less :thumbup:

i rember some time ago there was a official statement. this is NO quote, but as far as i remember it was like: we know booting lasts a while. we want to improve it. it won't happen in a day, but it's on the list.

in the meantime, the only thing that helps (a bit) is to have only few profiles.

didn't care about the hiss, wanted to check the profile... as i loaded a whole bunch today i'm not sure, but were these the axe II ones? if so: generally i'm not too keen about axe profiles, as i always prefer the actual amp ones, but besides that these might have been the best axe profiles (for me) so far... , funny enough i just scrolled through my new presets without looking closely and stopped there and wondered, hey: this reminds me of my former axe fx... and was proven right when checking the display... so - perfect clone from kpa as far as i'm concerned :thumbup:
    i forgot how spoiled i am (/we are) by the "even better - real" profiles.... lucky kemper crowd.

thanks for sharing mate!

i also for sure didn't want to sound rude or sth, it's just that if guys at kemper *know* that there wont be a looper, why not just tell us and let us use our phantasies for other important stuff like pitch, whammy, fancy reverse delays and other missing stuff...

no one would be forced to use it. just keep your boomerang for advanced stuff.
    on the footcontroller i'd prefer it to be "hidden" anyways: hold tap or tuner or whatever...
    a simple statement from mothership could end a lot of thinkings here... (not only looper)

a, got the idea, but we don't like it
    b, it's on the list. it's at the very end but we're on it
    c, we would love to help you here, but the kpa doesn't have the memory / resources
    d, we should have asked you before limiting usb-possibilities
    e, it's gonna be complicated, but we're experimenting with hardware expansion packs, just like the poweramp
    f, stop having ideas, we prefer to have our own

edit: this was more directed to a basic looper tool. i like the advanced ideas, but it really sounds like a different beast...

that'd be great, why not just hook up with fellas from liquid foot and get them integrated in the kemper set up? hook up via ethernet (bi-directional and phantom powered) and give us some programming templates... AND a european distribution channel... maybe just ask them, might be interesting for them as well...?