Posts by kilihahn

Ain't a bit too small? considering that it should have at least 14 switches.... ?(

13 switches would be enough for me ;) i admit it's rather crowded with buttons, but for me it still would be the perfect blend of powers vs. portability... if you wish, have a look:

KFC

ok, why not: here's my take:

most important to me: size 34 x 17 cm, a perfect fit for the front-pouch of the namba bag.

up, down, 4 presets, 4 instant access

now:

"A/B"
    -> switch IA-bank from pre to post - fx.
    -> hold for, dunno, favourite stomp preset??

"tap"
    -> easy: tap tempo
    -> hold for tuner

"+"
    -> selectable boost. (still to be announced!) should be buried in the rig menu. just up to 10 db boost on the overall volume.
    -> hold for, hmmm, sth. left. how about making the preset select buttons a control for a looper...? pleeaaase!

the optional expression pedal is just there for fun. but when you're at it: please make it with a switch to go from volume to wah/expression...
    maybe some genius could think of a good click-in something, so both crowds could be happy - with or without pedal... ;)

so, the letters could be transparent and shimmering in the colour of the (bypassed) fx behind it, while the led just shines when enabled. or skip the leds and just go for different brightness when enabled...?

erm, and the switches could be smoother than the mfc-ones... no agression needed for tap tempo... ;)

i can't resist of assuming that the coming floorboard ("KFC" ;) should be supposed to fit in the front pouch of the namba bag?? that'd be pretty cool!

i didn't mess with the profile yet, but i'll share this for a last time:

experiment with the input settings, especially the clean sense! it does make a big difference! (for me lower is better, also with singlecoils) definition on 10 is also something that wouldn't have come to my mind for the sound you're after... but i know it's tempting to max it out for getting more "felt" amp-response, but i already cluttered this place with my thoughts about that... ;)

to me it sometimes feels similar to as if the noisegate would still be a bit "on", in spite of beeing dialed out to zero. so you could assume that i'm talking about some detailed parts of the compression and attack characteristics here. "give" and "bounce" are also blurred words that come to my mind.

i could say, that similarly slightest traces were also noticeable in the "sound" of my profiles, but it's so subtle, that i really don't care in most scenarios. it's just the last bit of "wood", "earth", "dryness" i can't get translated into numbers, but i'm propably just dreaming of the 192khz-and-0,5-ms-latency-kemper due in 5-10 years...

summary: we're absolutely not talking about dealbreakers here, it's just that it would be even unbelievably more überawesome if these last little traces of the slightest digital behaviour would be blurred to "not existent" even more.

thank you ck for this exiting chapter for us tone-nerds. A LOT!

Jon, assuming, that you have upgraded your firmware to 7012, have you also done a reset of the SYSTEM settings afterwards (pushing and holding the SYSTEM button while you switch on your KPA until message appears 'Initializing ...'? If this shouldn't solve the problem, please open a case in our Help Desk system.

exactly, i was about to suggest this also. i remember a bunch of people having the same problem here, and this helped them all. good luck!

i like where you took my little dog... nice thing to share profiles an get them back with some tweaks you wouldn't have come across by yourself. check out the budda sd 30 cab as well, works well with my guitar...

cheers, kilian

[quote='Radley',index.php?page=Thread&postID=26466#post26466]

There are things you can do to mostly but not completely eliminate this the first being turn down the input sense below what you think would be ok secondly roll your axe volume/tone down a bit more than you would with other devices and only if needed compensate any lack of sustain by adding a little compression with the amp block parameters. Ive found this gets me the fleshy dynamic sensitive feel i like but it took me a while to get there.

Chris

what he said. this helps a bit. i also belong to the "still-missing-a-little-bit-of-true-amplike-response-crew", especially with extremely dynamic picking styles, as described by radley. stop beatin him for having a point here fellas... ;)

Pretty basic really:

Electrovoice PL-80 vocal mic (similar to a 57 but fuller lows) right up to the grill cloth, slightly off center. The only 'high/low cuts' are built into the amp: low cut before the distortion circuit, and 'defizzing' circuitry afterwards, and of course the KPA amp EQ built into the patch. Amazingly, the amp was only at half gain and 40% M. volume when I did the profile 8o

well, thanks for the info and thanks for these patches!

KEEP PROFILING :whistling:

yeah, there are some nice clean-profiles showing up lately, the lancer is also a good one. great cab-sound, too. glad you like the pittbull. it was a pretty mean machine that i sold to pay for the kemper, so i'm happy that i somehow can still enjoy it a bit ;) and yes, i played it a lot with singlecoils...

hey fellas,

just uploaded 3 new patches.

one is pretty clean and comes with the original cab. it turned out kind a woofy, but the spectrum is rather dense (sorry for my loss of better words), so it can be tweaked pretty much and gave nice results for me... it's basically a 57 deluxe clone with some mods here and there...

two is the same amp, pretty cranked with one of till's new "farfield cabs". nice crunch.

three is a vht pittbull clx head di profile with one of till's recto cabs. lot's of cutting mids that can be dialed out a bit for more recto flavour...

have fun, kilian