Posts by richaxes

I just updated to 1.09 and my kemper will not boot at all i keep getting a crashed message (software error occurred) i have just told support. not happy at all i was in the middle of a serious project with a deadline for a client :cursing:

Sorry, but why would you update your KPA in the middle of a serious project with a deadline for a client?
    This is completely nonsense to me... if I was working on something that would be very important to be ready on time, I'd never take chances..

Back sooner than I thought.
    Ordered a new KPA from Thomann yesterday (a black one!)
    Should arrive later this week, bearing in mind all our post offices have been closed for the Diamond Jubilee.
    Yeeha, Im back !
    Thanks for all the kind words guys. Makes this forum kinda special..... :D

Welcome back!!! :D
    What about a Silver Jubilee? ... 8o

It's all so easy.
    It was only Radley's style and sometimes quite strong expressions that always caused a little standoff between the people delighted and happy with their KPA and the people wanting more, and wanting it fast.
    His points are absolutely understandable, and such the professional musician he is, his demand towards the KPA will always be definitely higher in some of the areas that most people care less about (such as noise issues, what is ok in a studio, but sometimes very hard to deal with in a live situation).
    I have to agree with Profiler on his post about the fact that everyone who buys a KPA has the chance to do a research on it, and realize that it's still in its childhood.
    One thing that everyone has to realize is that the KPA is only getting better from the beginning, and definitely not worse. I wouldn't call the latter improvements little or slow-paced... I don't recall getting more frequent updates for my Axe-Fx Ultra when I had it back in the days.
    Last, but not least: you can't expect a company's CEO to "babysit" you after purchasing a product. It's absolutely unrealistic, no matter who you are. You are not a signed KPA artist, in a sense you're nothing more than a simple KPA user as everyone else is. If you want to be heard and taken seriously, first of all, cooperate, and secondarily, even when you're not satisfied, try to find and hit a tone that is more acceptable and doesn't feel like it's aimed towards bashing the unit or the developers.
    My 2 cents.

Audioholic - We are leaving out an important piece of information. I stated that I would likely sell my KPA *IF* the new update did not make substantial improvements in the areas mentioned. Christoph, by making his ‘rather irrepressible offer’ to take back my KPA immediately, effectively circumvented the process. He has never contacted me personally, nor personally answered any of my emails to him over these months of my KPA ownership - therefore whatever I had to say could only be said on the user board. This is not usually the case with artists like myself, and it was less than ideal.

Christoph stated a month ago or so that improvements regarding the noise issues are planned. I don't see why you should've ever thought that it wouldn't happen. This whole thing is turning out to be more and more odd, don't you think?
    Also, why would you expect a company's CEO to contact you about any issues personally? He's not in any way connected to you despite the fact that he tried to help you so many times in this forum... that's what support is for. Not to mention that you never really cooperated in the process, Christoph asked you multiple times for sound samples that you never supplied.
    An offer does not necessarily has to be accepted, and it seems like you were just "lucky" in a way that Christoph was professional enough to cut the ties and make this offer to you even before you'd have to make a step in the direction of selling your "noise and aliasing-filled" KPA.
    But yes, in the end, you are right... this whole conversation and topic is less than ideal... but for whom, really? :whistling:
    Again, I absolutely respect you as an artist, but your points don't seem too solid to me for some odd reason...

Fanboys will always be fanboys and haters will always be haters. Nothing can or will ever change this. I'm proud to be a KPA fanboy.
    Mr. Hadley himself has gone way too far too many times on this forum, and while I respect him as a musician and respect his works, I feel like he's too biased by FA to be taken seriously on a KPA board, despite the fact that he's been raising useful topics sometimes.
    Sorry Mr. Hadley, no offense, but this is how I see things.

'nuff said. +10000. :thumbup:

Hadley,
    I told before that we are taking care of noise issues.
    But it seems that you suffering so much, that I am willing to take your unit back.
    Please send a message to our support for details.

Christoph, you are yet to let me down.. I'm laughing so hard, you're a great guy, way to show people how it works... :thumbup:
    Professional attitude, just the right amount of sarcasm... really, whatever there is wrong (or I'd rather say unrefined) with the KPA, you make up for it personally :D

Point taken. I suppose the type of cab might limit the tonal possibilities so one would probably have to own 2-3 cabs for full flexibility. Having said that, one might ultimately move on to very a high quality FRFR cab.

The latter one is the direction I chose and I'm still in the "making it come true" phase, but results that I'm getting by using my KPA through hi-fi speakers and a JVC hi-fi amp, all from the '80s, is convincing enough not to make me hurry too much :)

^ Thanks for the reply. Yes I guess the in-built poweramp could be viewed as a driver for passive FRFR cabs instead of a guitar cab. However, in my opinion using the KPA with a guitar cab and hence making it a direct replacement for a tube head (or 100 different heads) is one of the most powerful alternatives that the KPA can offer, considering guitar cabs are specially designed to amplify guitar tones. Not that FRFR systems/cabs are not good, but it would be the icing on the cake the KPA could give the emotional/sonic feeling of a cranked amp through a real cab. From some of the responses, it looks like it does to a large extent already. Therefore, I meant that if Christoph is further able perfect DI profiling for use with a real cab, it would be something that a guitar player's dreams are made of :)

The only little flaw in your concept is the fact how different every guitar cab sounds, and how similar can heads sound through the same cab.
    I'm sure there is a reason why Christoph originally decided to go more in the FRFR direction, and it must be the ability of really faithfully reproducing tones, what you wouldn't be able to do with a guitar cab that's fitted with a given speaker and that's all. That speaker has some characteristics and response character, and you can't get rid of that distinctive sound. Let's say, that you would want to use a Plexi with a Greenback cab through your real cab which is a V30 cab... your results just won't be true enough.