Posts by richaxes

Your assumptions are correct, the KPA always thinks that there is a cab involved, therefore turning the cab section off after DI profiling will yield bad results.
    It's been officially announced by Mr. Kemper that they will address this issue in the future, but it is unsolved currently.

What if the amp has been DI Profiled with a DI box into the KPA and not through a miced cabinet? Therefore we would be getting only the pre+power section of the amp profiled and wouldnt need to remove the cab simulation on the Kemper profile in this case as we have added no cab during profiling. Am I right?

The KPA would still add a cab section, and turning it off wouldn't give you the results you want I think.

Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: as the KPA's cab simulation can't be turned off 100%, some problems might occur, but with the profile of the same cab that you're using, I don't think it would really matter.

Just by chance, have you tried doing a system reset of your KPA?
    Hold the System button while turning your KPA on to perform it. It will not erase anything, only the settings.

Hey!

Today I have played a lot with the KPA, and sadly discovered what seems like a huge shortcoming of the unit. Try to select a high-gain profile. Play a very high note and let it ring. While it is ringing do some chugga-chugga muted low notes. It seems to me the high note completely chokes the low notes. The low notes only start to bloom after the high note dies off. This is not a subtle thing, it is very noticeable on my machine. Christoph?

I have to agree with mikeb, this has nothing to do with the KPA, it happens with reals amps as well. It's very amp and guitar dependent.

Just thought I'd add that my unit is hanging on boot up as well (1.0.8.7292). Can't really say why, just started happening one day after a week of working fine. I've only had the unit a couple weeks, so I'm not familiar enough with it yet to troubleshoot. I'll read more here about exporting the system or whatever it is you guys are talking about.

Support just messaged me that they started looking into my backup file to find the cause, I'll keep you updated.

His idea was to be able to profile every aspect of the amp, by profiling the sweep of each pot, affects of switches on tone, and being able to profile an amps power section by run direct into the fx return of the loop.

Hey, is that you, friend? 8|
    Joking... :) but the exact same thing I told my friend.

Nice review. Only problem I have with it is this statement: "We can't emphasise enough that the Kemper is a product that is best suited to serious musicians. For everyday bedroom noodling, a low-end modelling amp is ideal." I think the KPA is a great solution for bedroom players ;).

As a solution, yes, but in terms of price for bedroom players it's a little too much, I'm sure that's what they meant.

Hi guys!
    I'm selling my Ibanez UV777. The guitar was made in 2003 in Japan, it's a Team J Craft model with it's original Team J Craft case.
    It's in an amazing condition with no serious injuries at all, just hard to see minor scratches that almost every guitar has.
    It has been fitted with brand new pickups: a DiMarzio Evo 7 in the bridge and an Air Norton 7 in the neck position, and this setup does the guitar a lot more justice than the original Blazes did.
    Also, a switch turning the middle pickup on or off was built in, so you can use the humbuckers in coil tapped mode.
    I bought this guitar second handed from a more or less famous Hungarian musician, Miki Czifra (who plays in Balkan Fanatik) who took really good care of this instrument. I also took it to a professional luthier shop for full setup and inspection, and they fitted the new pickups in, too.
    I'm from Budapest, Hungary, so shipping within the EU is possible, but if you're from not too far (Germany or Austria, for example) you can also come and pick it up here.
    I can give you more info and even send you pictures in e-mail if you are interested, and we can also discuss the price there. Send me a PM and let's talk about it!

Instead of fenders you should check out G&L tributes. They are in a similiar price range with Fender mexicans, but IMO still a lot better. (although even they aren't what they used to be)

Thank you so much!
    This is a great idea, although I'm planning on buying used gear, and preferably near to where I live (Hungary), so it could be hard to find one, and MIM Strats are so common and all over the place.

Hello everybody,

This was our first test of recording a high gain sample with the Kemper Profiler.
    Dizel Herbert + Marshall plexi profiles, quad tracked, the bass has been recorded also with the Kemper.
    I like this unit much more than the Axefx, most of the profiles sounds right from the beginning, not need to tweak so much as with the axefx.
    I think we used too much gain on the guitars, but we were very happy with the results:

http://s2s.hu/noiselab/haunted_kemper3.mp3

Holy hell, this is heavy. Amazing job, I really love the tones. Any chance you would share your version of those profiles?

The one thing that I really love about the KPA and I never noticed with any modelers or digital equipment is how differently it reacts with various guitars.
    Taking a Pod X3 Live as an example, or I could even bring up my Axe Fx Ultra, (which I sold a long long time ago) everything you throw at it more or less sounds the same or very similar. The KPA on the other hand sounds just like an amp would sound with a given guitar.
    So, as of today, the KPA made me change my mind and sell my Ibanez Universe. It helped me to remember how much I hated the tone of guitars equipped with a Floyd Rose or similar solution, and how much I love the tone and feel of fixed bridge guitars. Therefore I'm getting a Gibson Les Paul (possibly a Classic but a Standard would be nice, too), a Fender Strat (probably mexican as I can't really afford a better one) and some random Floyd-equipped superstrat (could be some cheaper Ibanez or a Jackson, I don't know yet) just to have it if I need it.
    Thanks, Kemper, you've just ruined everything for me ;( :D

Please give some report. I would be interested if this information solved some of the questions.

Thanks
    CK

While I respect your explanations, this doesn't make the need for automatic leveling less important to me.
    While I'm not a software engineer, I believe that this shouldn't be something too hard to do, or at least it would be totally worthy to look into - some rigs have really big volume differences between each other, and even when just browsing rigs sometimes I jump from my chair when I run into a rig that was made loud by the author.

Hi richaxes,

Do you have any rigs or cabs that use the "&" in the name? Perhaps this causes the freeze. I had it too and after renaming everthing seems ok so far...... :)

To be honest, I didn't have the nerve to go through this process yet, but my backup files are with support now, and they will surely know if this is causing my problems.

Although I'd never choose the Axe over the KPA, the reliability issues and therefore the final decision based on this is absolutely acceptable, and this is the absolute main area that the KPA has to improve at...

excuse me guys.. I can't resist ....

aztamindenit....de jó volt magyarul olvasni :) ...én szlovákiai magyar vagyok, de tegnap előtt is pesten játszottunk az A38ason.. :) nálunk tudom, hogy én voltam az első Kemper tulajdonos.. :)

Értem értem :)

Nálunk meg 99.9%, hogy én voltam, de mivel még sehol senkit nem látok róla beszélni, esélyes a 100% is :)

Very nice. Thanks for sharing this! :thumbup:

Very nice! I like your playing and tone, the KPA must be huge live!

And now, sorry guys...

Talán csak mi ketten lehetünk Kemper tulajdonosok Magyarországon? :) Vagy legalább is, akit tényleg érdekel, és fórumozik is. Ez nem semmi. :)