Posts by DonPetersen

so first you got the error message during extraction and now you get one during installation, right?

If I were you I'd run a diagnostic on my HD, this reminds me of what can happen if there are 'bad sectors'.
    don't want to alarm you, but better safe then sorry.

and two different errors right after each other is a little odd.
    (especially if you consider the amount of people that obviously do not have these issues with the archive or the installer)

good luck :)
    let us know.

It's an issue with my PC, had same issue with updating my phone via USB with iTunes. Got Rig manager to run on my laptop just fine.

I had issues with USB once that forced me to physically remove all USB devices and uninstall all the USB drivers.
    after that I slowly and carefully installed/reconnected each one and everything was fine.

I guess I had too many devices that kept changing ports (SD cards, CF cards, etc.)
    Installing the Rig Manager/Profiler as one of the first devices after 'Operation Cleansweep' might solve this.

YMMV, tho - it's always hard to tell from a distance. ;)

it switches the EQ between a pre and post position.
    if this EQ is set to 'noon' (all values @ '0') it is neutral.

the pre position is something you generally find on older or vintage inspered amp, post has a more dramatic effect, since it is after the distortion.

I really like this new feature, too! :)

Holy hi-res Batman!

it might be a good idea to link to smaller jpgs in the future, right now I can type faster than my machine displays the letters!

I even had trouble clicking the reply button, since it kept moving :D

I'm not sure if it's already been asked, but will it run on a system with Windows XP? I'm an Apple guy, but I have an old Motion LS800 tablet running Windows XP. Sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't know much about PC operating system differences etc..

sorry, XP is not supported. it's pretty much an absolete OS.

:)

I recently got my hands on a modded FC-10 pedal, that sounded very similar, but a bit fatter than the Mouse model in the Profiler

I added a Studio EQ after the Mouse and tweaked it to sound the same as the modded FC10.

Uploaded "HT5 R144 MD30-2 CAT" to the RX.

If you like what these two stomps do, you can save the chain by pressing and holding "Stomps" for about a second, the pressing Store, selecting "Stomp Modules", namíng the local preset and pressing "Store" once more.

To retrieve this combination in any rig, simply press and hold "Stomps" for about a second and then use the "Browse" knob to select the local preset.

Without any effects on the patch sounds like it has extra grit and almost completely different tone. I understand the tone part, but it seems too drastic

if I enable parallel path in a rig, the DI is mixed in with Parallel Path Mix @ 0
    @ -5 you only hear the DI signal
    @ +5 you only hear the Stack signal

everything is as it should be, I don't understand what you're saying - sorry.

please record an example of the Parallel Path Mix settings described above.
    no Stomps, no Effects

thanks.

Right now there doesn't seem to be enough gain to get much distortion from the A,B route's signal.

I just tried the following:

parallel path ON
    Mouse in slot B - Stack disabled - Effects disabled

and compared that to

parallel path ON
    Mouse in slot C - Stack disabled - Effects disabled

there is no difference in gain

Cabmaker is purely a .wav to .kipr file format conversion.

there are plenty of software solutions out there to actually make a IR.

but as I said, I will always recommend making a amp+cab profile because the cabinet influences the way the amp behaves, and this cannot be reproduced by taking stand-alone IRs.

changing cabs works amazingly well.

you can convert any IR with our Cabmaker utility and use it with the Profiler, but honestly - whenever I switch between a profiled cab and an imported 3rd party IRs (and I have pretty much all the big ones) I immediately notice another dimension of realism with the profiled ones.
    Don't get me wrong, the IRs will sound as good as with any other soft- or hardware that supports IR loading, but compared to a profiled cabinet, they tend to sound 'flatter' or less vibrant to me.
    Just my opinion of course and YMMV ;)

Can you add profiled stomps "for instance a personal overdrive, crucial for you sound" into the stomp section? To add into the stomp section instead of the stock ones?

Thanks!

this question sure does come up often.

short answer: no.

the Profiler runs only one profile at the time (in the Amplifier and Cabinet slots)
    the dirt stomps are models of pedals, not profiles.

you can however most likely make profiles of your fav OD & amp combinations.
    or you could just use your pedal in front of the Profiler, since it reacts to pedals like an amp would.

p.s. thread moved. ;)