Posts by Desiato

Hence, the reference to Communism. It was applicable more to downloading music and software piracy, because the excuses that you often hear are all about "we the people", even though it is plain selfish. People can't do that with manufactured goods like fridges or TVs right now, but if you extended the principle to the manufacturing sphere, it would be along the lines of "the owner of the company takes a one week vacation every year, he must reduce his prices to what we the people deem acceptable" ^^

LOL I hear ya. It's a shortsighted, destructive philosophy.

Gene Simmons summed it up nicely in this interview, where he revealed that it was the FANS that killed the record industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…e=player_detailpage#t=100

^^ Aw, come on, man. That's a bit unfair to other manufacturers. I think it's great Behringer is able to bring out units at the price point they do. But just because someone took a vacation or made more than minimum wage in a year is no reason to knock their business model. You want to make money and be successful, why shouldn't they?

This is a similar argument to what people say about pirating music and software. "They should be happy to get their sounds out" and "They're already rich" or "The record company is making all the profit". It's a Communist way of thinking to usurp people's hard work for "the common good" and boy, I can't stand Communists. That's a long story for another time though.

I don't think it's communist thinking - it's just self-serving. There's no common good involved, just that person's selfish desires.

+1.
    I think it even has more impact with the amateur/semi-professional bands where micing an amp usually is: "oh hey, a mic, lets put it ANYWHERE in front of the cab (i once played a gig where the soundguy wanted to hang down a SM57 from the cab as you do with the sennheiser e906 e.g. -> oh god why)" ... stage sound might be good, but FOH often sounds crap like that - with good profiles you don't have that problem. I often use a guitar cab to monitor on stage and just use profiles from soundside/taf without any tweaking - i tweak the monitor sound with the monitor eq. Never had such a good FOH sound.

Back in the 60s and 70s it was very common to see SM57s draped over the front of an amp, hanging perpendicular to the speaker, right on the grill cloth. Many classic rock photos show 57s used this way, and that's why some lazy/clueless soundguys still do it. Not an optimal sound situation :D

It will. Even without taking into consideration that each soundman will treat your signal differently. Each system will sound different. In fact, even the same system in different rooms will sound different. In fact, the same room will sound different when empty versus full of people. Don't get too concerned with things sounding different, they always will even with a traditional amp. Your best bet is to dial thing in at a fairly loud volume and then hope the soundman knows what they are doing.

Very true. Don't worry about what you can't control 8)

But seriously, get your sound as good as possible through your monitor, and if you find that you can't stand the sound at FOH (because the EQ is so hard for your monitor), you can always have the soundman mic your monitor.

To be honest, labor really isn't even a factor. The body is cast, the board is likely wave soldered, and all connectors are on jacks and harnesses. I bet the final assembly on these only takes a few minutes.

You just described a lot of labor - casting, soldering, and wiring. It might not seem like much taken individually, but they add up faster than you might realize.

Labor costs are ALWAYS a significant factor in total manufacturing costs.

In the world of digital electronics, if one always decides to wait for the better model they will wait forever. If you are worried about loss on investment, don't because the Kemper isn't an investment it's an expense. If you want to lower your cost, buy used. The KPA was the most expensive music gear purchase I've made in my nearly 28 years of playing guitar and it was worth every penny.

I saw an expense comparison awhile back about this very idea. Someone was complaining that buying a new tube amp was always a better decision than getting a new computer/digital modeler, because, as he stated, the computer always becomes obsolete, whereas older amps become 'vintage' and retain some value. Aside from the obvious problems with such a comparison, the respondent noted that after normal tube replacements (every 6 months are needed for regular playing if you want to maintain their 'original tube' tone), fuses, and inevitable trips to the amp repair shop, you'd spend the purchase price for a Kemper in about 5-6 years of just the maintenance costs for a good tube amp. So after that same time, and ceteris paribus, you'd have a Kemper which cost you nothing, or an amp worth anywhere from 10-50% of what you paid new.

I'm glad to hear you are having some success. Please stick with it - the end result is very much worth the effort.

It's a sad reality that all monitors and FRFR speakers are not created equally. And most of them aren't really a flat response.

Also, like StealthAMD said, try out all the factory patches. If you find one that's close, tweak it to your liking. The trick to getting the most out of a Kemper (or any modeler) is to get the speaker right. Unfortunately, it can sometimes be a challenge. But when you do, BAM! All of a sudden the KPA will become a whole new tonal world.

Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't worry about a Kemper II coming out any time soon, if ever. The KPA showed up on Day 1 sounding better than any other digital product on the market, and nothing created since then has come close to the incredible, huge, 3D amp tones the KPA produces. The Kemper doesn't need to be 'fixed' every month with new firmware upgrades that destroy your presets :D

Unlike other companies that release improved products every few years (Digitech, Line 6, Fractal - all of which I have owned), there's really not much room for tonal improvement in the Kemper. This is, of course, IMO.