Posts by Robman

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Get the principle of the XT-1 although still don't understand how it works, i.e. Do you profile you're current guitar to effectively make it neutral so that you can apply the "profiles"? Otherwise the input would be so variable that the output can't be that accurate ??

Becuase I couldn;t hear any change in the demo e.g. tele sounding like a Les Paul, difficult to understand if its effective..

Thats it yeah.You profile your own guitar then the processor applies necessary changes to that to make it sound like the target guitar ( e.g. - Tele,ES335 etc.... )

Trust me , its very effective once its set up properly.

I have one for the last couple of weeks and have 'profiled' a few of my guitars ( Suhr Custom,Charvel GG,Godin A6 and Danelectro 59x ) with brilliant results.

I'm not sure how it could work with the Kemper really as each 'source' guitar is first profiled then a separate guitar is set as the 'target'.

I assume that the 'algorithm' somehow calculates the difference between them and then adds that to the source guitar input.All of this is before the guitar signal even gets to the amp.

I bought the Kab about 7/8 weeks ago ( time is a bit of a blur these days! ).

Over the years I have tried MANY different options for monitors; EV powered FRFR, EV non powered, Cornford,Mesa Rectifier Cab,Hiwatt,Centrepoint and more....

I have to say that the Kab sounds like the best solution I've used so far ( but I havent gigged it yet !!! )

You can Midi Change but according to this video I think you need a midi / USB convertor ;

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2288749731340231

'SIM1 can read Program-Change MIDI commands via the most popular MIDI-to-USB adapters, and to re-route program Changes as a midi-through feature.Through the Editor you can even configure your XT-1 as a Midi Master mini Pedalboard, to control other devices'.

So I'm assuming KPA midi out ( via convertor ) to Midi in on Sim1. I'll probably set up a performance per guitar type ( 3 or 4 guitar types max.a night will do me )

then for example , Telecaster Clean Neck : Stomp 1 , Tele Crunch Neck:Stomp 2 , Tele Lead Neck : Stomp 3, Tele Crunch Bridge : Stomp 4, Telecaster Lead Bridge : Stomp 5 etc...

Is there an easier way ?

Have been thinking of buying one of these.Has anyone here gigged it?

I'd love to use one guitar for multiple different guitar sounds on any gig without having to carry multiple guitars around !

Also,if this re-creates well then I could potentially select my best playing guitar action wise and feel wise and use that instead of worrying about the actual output sound?

Robman very nice, the incredible Steven Wilson. What a genius... reminds me of my alltime favorite from Porcupine Tree.... Blackest Eyes 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ive seen him do this a couple of times live.Fantastic song even though the subject content is pretty dark ! :)