Posts by skoczy

Or at least move it to a different forum? I'm all for stupid humor but putting (and keeping) it in the 'Profiler related issues and trouble shooting help' section isn't very helpful and could make some potential participants question the value of participation in the section if its not on topic.

There no subforum for it. Maybe this thread sticky? :D We helpful for MentaL (OP), he accidentaly his Kemper, everyone helpful here for him, so his Kemper good.

Oh yeah Monkey_Man, polish language no modal verbs, just verbs.

You hard to better, but still you "Thank" - this verb. Any chance to better no-verby language bro'?

To many verbs:

will, see, 's (at Here's) - why not only nouns. You the rules?

The answer is, what is it that YOU want and like.

I WANT and like

1) realistic (amp-like) reaction to volume roll-down
    2) reaction to attack = crunch amp setting but soft fingers - almost clean, hitting harder will give me hairy overdrive
    3) jingly,belly (I know stupid words) cleans and natural, organic crunch/breakup

About hi-gain I don't care that much because I cannot hear that much nuances between gear, distortion covers natural amp tone and players playing (or sucking at playing). Clean and breakup is where it matters. FOR ME.

I will state this again, for me most number of youtube videos for AXE are high gain: Mark Day is endorser for AXE now. I haven't seen clean demo. Just chugga chugga.

I entered "axe fx ii into youtube", launched first video. First sample is fender bassman interpretation. And later we have distortion tones or clean tones BUT SOAKED with chorus, flangers, pitch shifting etc. Yes I believe number of effects is where AXE wins, but I don't need much more that touch of delay and reverb.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

So now found video from G66 European distributor of AXE when the presenter says:

"So I wanna start with preset Doubleverb, which really showcases the Fractals model of a Fender Twin Reverb amplifier" - so now I'm in confusion, because as AXE's manual states AXE is not modeler - Dear_R can you help?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I didn't say the Axe sounded close to anything-I said it sounded GOOD. You can find 20 different JCM-800 profiles on the Rig Exchange that don't sound identical, but they all obviously came from actual 800s. I don't care if any of the profiles in the KPA sound EXACTLY like anything, either. That's just a bunch of nit-picky BS for people to argue about on the internet. As long as I can get good sounds that fit what I'm doing, I don't care if it's a profile of a BOSS Metal Zone into a Peavey Bandit or an Axe-FX model of a Grunge pedal into a Blues Junior with a red plating tube. I really don't care.

Yes.

And you know 20 different JCM800 profiles are different because the profiling process was done in different cisrcumstances (mic, mic position, guitar, preamp vol, knobs on KPA and bla bla bla). That said, good profile has the character and sound of profiled amp. At least very close to it.

AXE changes sound with every firmware update and people got into loop, that every update was better.

For sure you can get good sound from 8" Pvy Bandit. For sure I would suck while playing 1970 Custom Gibson Les Paul on 5000$ vintage tube amp. Because fingers play, not device.

But in terms of reproducing amplifier + cab + mic Kemper does this very good when profiling is done very good.

AXE sounds not close but identical to some source code that is operating on its processors.

Exactly. Line up three Plexis side by side, and they're not going to sound "exactly" like each other due to component drift, and the tolerances of the components to begin with. This is rock and roll, not nuclear physics. Close enough is good enough.

AXE sounds close to what? Because Kemper very close to profiled amp what you can find on multiple videos. So we agreed here that AXE models developers' interpretation of an amp. Thank you.

Yes, AXE people you say AXE is strong at modern tones and most of samples on youtube are about hi-gain. Can you please provide me with video where you A/B AXE to specific amp? Like here KPA with very old first ever I don't know version of firmware.

AXE has gone thru 20> updates of firmwares and every one was the realer. REALER than what? Please provide some A/B.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So I want to restore my Yamaha Pacifica to its former Strat goodness. Being my first guitar, its seen some mods in the pickup department. It started HSS, with crap stocks, then I went to EMG 81/85, then SD Blackouts. Now I have 3 other guitars, and plenty of humbucking tones. I need some single coil love.

This guitar would mostly be used at home to get more diverse sounds. Im not looking for anything expensive. Just a nice set of 3 single coils. Id probably prefer a fatter bluesy tone than a biting, true vintage tone. Otherwise Im fully open to suggestions. Im wanting of tones like SRV to Plini. Nice cleans and crunch, but can still do a somewhat modern lead.

Are the noiseless singles any good, or are they just a sacrifice in tone?

Noiseless = toneless? Once i tried 2 teles on Orange Rockverb amp and 1x12 Orange cab in store. American standard with standard tele pups and Deluxe witn SCN Noisless pups. Guess which one I preferred...

You have to try (if you can). On the raw sound noiseless are compressed and flatter and blablabla (you know it's hard to describe sound using words) - when you add distortion, modulation, etc the difference is smaller or disappears. But for pure sound or amp breakup I wouldn't go noiseless. That's my opinion. If you like fatter sound - Fender Texas Specials.