Posts by mikeb

I can't go any higher on my EMU 1212m mixing software, the SPDIF is at 0db. It seems like on my rig, 'tickling the red' output led gets me into the special place where most rigs sound glorious, but this does not clip my SPDIF at all. It just sounds better.. I don't understand what is going on, but maybe more people can try it and see what they find.
    Overall loudness vs dynamic feel are totally separate and distinct. You can have an extremely dynamic feeling tone but super loud as well. I don't really enjoy guitar tones that are dynamic like a piano, ie, extremely soft and loud sounds. I do enjoy tones that float between clean and dirty depending on how hard the player digs in but this shouldn't have to do with the output volume generally.

but my RME has a mixer software that allows me to boost the SPDIF playback volume. I use this to make the KPA stand out enough against the Mix in my DAW software.

See, this is exactly what I don't get, why do I even need to boost the KPA to make it stand out.. I shouldn't and don't after tweaking the Cabinet volume.

Here are my findings: Many profiles seem.. rather thin and flat, even with my KRK RP8 monitor speakers at full blast + subwoofer. I can play music through the same speakers and it is loud as get out. Kemper through the same soundcard via spdif is just not very dynamic and loud.
    So I discovered that if i adjust the 'Cabinet' Volume way up until my Master (output) led is orange tickling red, my SPDIF sounds much fuller and dynamic.

Now I do remember CK stating this is just an extra volume control and has no special effect on tone but with my system it seems to help a lot without generating clipping. I don't really understand this but back in the 'day', right after the Kemper came out, people recommended cranking the Cabinet volume to get better tone.

What say the forum? :)

This story is pretty long and prone to confuse other users.
    Let me assure you that Clean Sense only modifies the volume, but not the sound.

Does the Master Volume affect the feel of your instrument in the same way? Check it out!

CK I do have a question in regards to the way the input level reacts with the amp profile. My question is if you run the input hot (either with a high gain pickup or a booster pedal) does this act like a real tube amp, IE, the input is saturated which then effects the tone of the profiled amp (just like a tube amp)? Or does it simply increase gain more or less linearly. I guess I am wondering how the input reacts to extremely loud input signals such as you find with a booster or line driver. :?:

Being totally honest I do notice this type of feel as well but get this: if you actually de-tune the guitar strings you get the same type of feel.. If you image the strings being more 'floppy' or detuned the feel becomes much more real when tuned normal.

So I think the feel and response is correct when transposing down.

exactly, cool down a bit. fact is: i had the click a few hours ago, but played for 3 hours now and could not
    replicate. so far, so good? no! because the quality of the pitch effects is terrible to my ears ( i am on 1.8.2. just
    a few days and discover that part right now) . more than 3 half steps and it sounds terrible.
    and i cannot hear the octave if i want to. ???? same problem somewhere else? this way live indeed is not possible.

Now this I don't agree with. Are you double sure you are not hearing the physical strings on the guitar? Turn your amplification up to the point you cannot hear the strings vibrating and see if you hear problems. I do not on my Kemper. Matter of fact, the transpose effect is the best I have ever experienced.. I can actually play detuned and not sound odd.

I too can hear clicking with the pitch shifter (transpose) when there is complete silence. Need to fix this.

You nut-swingers need to knock that shit off, if something doesn't work, IT DOESN'T WORK! Stop sugar coating it and lay it out how it is. :!:

I had this happen to me last night. I have NO midi anything and never set that stuff up. In my case I was playing and suddenly the delay turned on. I turned it off and it came back on about 1 min later. Turned if back off again and it didn't do it anymore.

ODD!

[edit] I am on 1.8 beta

It's not the retailer.It's the Kemper company which informed the retailer that the Kemper will not accept replacement!

Im not sure that is how it works. In any case, a better company would have taken care of you and then dealt with Kemper seperately. But again, I only know the company I dealt with.

Mikeb, it's not hard to understand for me. The retailer of the Kemper said that the company will not accept the refund and the company accepts only the solution of repair!

Wait, so the company you bought it from will not accept returns? That is not a very good retailer. I don't know what else to say. I'm sure Kemper will fix it but you would have to ship it yourself, etc.