Posts by and44

its not a rabbit!. its Craboghoret or a complete F**k up for those unwilling to read my first explanation correctly : )

@MentaL there is no right or wrong. - as I said previous, it can be done, but really depends on what amps you use its just the percentage radically drops ifg your looking for upmost accuracy. - if your looking to be unique then go right ahead! : ) - after all there is no rules, there is only choice!.. right?

Not trying to be deliberately obtuse or anything, but I still haven't gotten an explanation of this term "gain structure" :)

Im thinking: the amp has a transfer function consisting of compression, EQ and generation of harmonics based on the input signal. If the KPA can reproduce this with just one amp (although @sinmix might argue that it can't do that perfectly, that's a bit besides the point for the present discussion) - why shouldn't it be able to do the same with a dual amp setup?

Because your summng 2 sources into one, the kemper needs to mix this and to be able to replicate 2 different sources, and this it cant do..

Imagine you have a paint tin of Red on one side, and blue on the other. - soon as you mix them together they become blended and become a purple colour, this colour does not contain the same information as the red paint, nor the blue paint. - as 2 does not always go into 1.

Not to say it does not work on all sources, as I have tested this numerous times. to varying success, but generally, the profiler will need to "refine" something. and as the kemper cant "separate" its sources it does its best to mix/blend/sum however you want to call it. and this is often not an accurate representation of what your monitoring back from 2 individual sources. - you can use it however to create something unique!, different, or individual, im certainly not suggesting it profiles terrible. - but the profiler needs to listen to a mono source, and with lots of sources it will do its best to "average that out" but not an accurate snapshot as you see with single amps. - remember there are no rules!

Hope that makes sense a bit : )

And gain structure is how the gain is applied, via pre-amp distortion (clipping) or poweramp distortion (or both), generally, if you look at amps. - If they have a DRIVE knob, then it has poweramp dist. - if its just volume and master then its preamp.. (this is not concrete, but its a generally rule to follow with amps)

a 4x12 cab is not perhaps the best thing at home volume, 4x12's are designed to be really pushed before the sound becomes pure. - 4x12's also cover a lot of resonance that can interrupt the original tone, and also some cabs ,are just frighteningly bad sound wise.

The end of the day, your guitar tone will always only be as good as your speaker outputs. this is where it matters, so its finding the right combination to express the correct sound, and I would start here. getting the right speakers. perhaps try FRFR speakers and see where you go from there.

Record a few phrases into your computer and see if you like the sound, audition with headphones etc. - process of elimination.

And do people still use 4x12's these days ? : )

That's such a great thread!

How do you dampen sound for things like rain on the roof?

Do you generally not record during lightning storms?

Well the outside building is irrelevant really. - a good studio is a Room within a Room, they are isolated "rooms" so long as there is at least a inch cavity sitting upon a floating floor, is then isolated with good layering and material, no sound will enter or leave. : )

Thanks buddy - yeah the gear is coming soon, (I have lots of it in boxes_ that is driving me nuts lol) - the Console is being delivered in december when the control room is complete.

Thanks for watching! : )

Hey all,

Not sure where to add this to this forum, but figured I'd post it here.

Our new Commercial studio, from the ground up is being documented over HERE

Hopefully you can come visit and check it out : )

Be well.
    Andy

There is an integrated backup feature in Rig Manager - you should use that.

Yes, but I feel this is now too late, as the old computer is gone.. and I did not do that before.. I assumed I'd copy the folders (as I did before and worked) - but now in 1.6 it does not work that way anymore..

:/

Hey guys.

I had to get a new computer as my previous one decided to not work!. - so all is good thus far, accept all my previous rigs from Rigmanager have disapeard.

Before I switched computers, I manged to backup my RigManager folders (under windows/local.. etc etc)

But when copying across to the new target location.. when i launch rigmanager, it sees all the folders I created, but all contain 0 rigs.

Any help would be appreciated..

thanks
    Andy

Cedrik, may I ask you to check the bias settings on the amps power section, not related so to speak, but Ive had problems when an amp is not running at its best.

Not suggesting it is this of course, but certainly worth a try.

If you have profiled the other amps just fine, and happy with the results, then clearly something else is a miss.

I know its not the actual amp as 5150's have been profiled by tons of people..(unless this one you have has something modded/Different about it)

And just so you know, ola is not really an engineer, he is a recording/player artist. hence why he managed to perhaps fail. (not suggesting he is incappable) just you seem to be strung on the fact that he cant do it therfore no-one can.. - If he is then i apologise to him of course, but that was not my assessment anyway! : )

I just want to chime in here.

Profiling of a 5150 is totally possible, and is in no way "impossible" as the OP is suggesting, in fact his arguments are rather false.

Like anything, and everything, Profiling is an art, rightly or wrongly, but each to there own with preferences, but I managed to capture several 5150's (and others similar) without the need of extra fussing around, nor the need to adapt to a special technique. - in short, what i heard through the amp is what i got back through the kemper..

These style amps are incredibly popular with the community, especially in the harder rock genre, so it would be an oversight indeed if Kempers design team decided not to include this in its profile algorithms. - in fact these amps were introduced in video form when kemper was at a young age, and there are some very convincing videos with sound clips comparing the Profile vs real amp. (Search on youtube)

So I dont agree with the OP's statements, rather blame the Kemper, blame yourself for not "getting it" - read up, learn up and you will eventually get it correct like many others have achieved easily enough.

And moreover, please dont have an attack on Kemper as its not there fault for your own ignorance.

I think you need to calm down, and really look at what your doing,

On that note, I wish you luck

Andy

Yeah its normal. - just different dynamics in the profiling means varied volume. - generally with the profiler, if the amp/setup your profiling has a lot of headroom in the amp and recording chain, then the profiler will profile it but with that in mind. this is what causes a mismatch of volume this is especially noticeable with clean versus distorted signals.

Hope that helps

A