Posts by hoth

Please forgive me.
    seems I uploaded the packs with older versions..
    Ive updated the links now to grab the correct files (affected VintageCranked, and RockNroll only)
    Hugh apologies for this, had 2 flash drives hence the confusion! one with RAW version (the ones you have) and the other modified/glorified version.. - now on first page.

It's funny. I think I actually am going to go back to the "raw" versions rather than the "sweetened." I have a really trebly rig as it is, and these versions seem to exaggerate the highs. The raw versions are great for me I think I'll just stick with those. If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to post the raw versions also? Thanks again for the amazing job.

71 cabs in this zip from all the sessions so far.(from my first session to this new one) all NOW useable..(they were not before)
    Try them, some real gems in there now!

Best to remove the ones from me before. - these are Night and day better!!
    Sorry for the hassle, but I learned a way to do it correcty now.. so apologies.
    get them from the first post. its been updated with the new file!
    Enjoy!

Awesome. Was it something with your micing technique or something KPA related? Just wondering as it may help others. I guess I will be clearing out my KPA again and reloading things tonight :).

The 6505 w/57 sounds amazing.......the ENGL sounds great too.........incredi :thumbup: ble thank you. :)

I fell in love with the 57/87 6505 profile. It is perfect for my setup. I liked it so much, I stopped playing Van Halen with it and moved on to blues. These profiles are just so good.

I actually decided to clear out my KPA and just leave the two stock rig packs and your two rig packs. Feels so clean and nice.

Nice review. Only problem I have with it is this statement: "We can't emphasise enough that the Kemper is a product that is best suited to serious musicians. For everyday bedroom noodling, a low-end modelling amp is ideal." I think the KPA is a great solution for bedroom players ;).

So to provide an update: to use headphones I run the monitor out into a little Mackie mixer I bought. The KPA sounds great through it and everything now has been very stable for me for a while. I think it sounds even better through headphones than through my Adam A8x. And haven't had a volume drop since the last reset I did over a week ago. The tone is fantastic for me generally so :thumbup:.

I am about to profile my first amp. It's a Tone King Metropolitan. I am just waiting to get some good mics and i will post it. It will probably be this weekend. I also have a Vox AC100CPH and a ZVEX Nano that i am thinking about profiling...

Mike

You might want to take a look at And44's thread on profiling and some of the tips TylerHB (Tills) has provided. Both have produced some stellar profiles so may be worth taking their advice to heart. All of those amps would be really cool to add to the collection. Good luck!

I understand what he's saying but I strongly disagree...but I'm sure we'll see more of this. another forum-member tried to book some studiotime to profile some amps but was denied by the owner for the same reason. it's just ridiculous and it makes me think about when cassetterecorders came out and we got "hometaping is killing music" on the back of the recordsleeves....it's just sad.. :sleeping:

+1 This occurs evrytime new technology threatens established businesses. Same was said about writeable CDs and DVDs, cassette tapes, vcr tapes, movie rental, itunes, etc...

We have no further report of volume dropped. So we are not working on any issue.
    It is quite unlikely that the volume drops by sudden, and stays there even after a reset.

Thanks CK. I am afraid to do a reset now because the headphone output now sounds great. If I reset again or if it reverts to the previous extremely hot output, I will try to troubleshoot to see what exactly happened. Thanks.

I believe a number of us are having this issue on the forum where we have ticked the right boxes to receive PMs, however, the forum still will not allow us to. Can someone look into this as I would really like to be able to receive PMs here.

Thanks.

Suddenly tonight all my outputs were much lower. I didn't change a thing. I tried the headphone out again and low and behold it sounded perfect. I love the KPA but thank god I don't gig anymore. This instability is just odd and would be disconcerting if I gigged. Now all I have to do is push the rig volume a little up and dime the headphone out and it's perfect, it's bliss. I really hope the KPA folks get in front of these issues before it gets a bad reputation because they have something special here but the half-baked implementation might be hard to outgrow.

Edit: I rebooted a number of times and the output volumes stuck. I wonder if the output volumes were dropped in 1.08 final. Although the output for the headphones have dropped a ton and I need to max the headphone volume, increase the rig volume and increase the cabinet volume to get a satisfactory level. This is still better than how it was before. Jeez.

I can vouch for Zent and have enjoyed his clips on TGP for a while now. Although maybe the clip he posted wasn't a Stradivarius, it did show a number of things. One being the versatility of the tone matching process and, irrespective of how you feel about the quality of the original clip, the matching tone was similar. How similar it needs to be for your approval is up to you. anyway, Zent is a music nerd like all of us here with no axe to grind so glad you're on this board and hope you keep pushing the envelope.