Posts by hoth

I believe a number of us are having this issue on the forum where we have ticked the right boxes to receive PMs, however, the forum still will not allow us to. Can someone look into this as I would really like to be able to receive PMs here.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry this is posted in the wrong forum. Please delete.

By the way, it seems that for some the PM system on the board seems not to work. Maybe you could put in that first post a way to donate to you that won't get an email account spammed to death.

Edit: These rigs are just incredible. The time it took you to do this and your generosity are only matched by the amazing sound. I have been playing these all night and one profile is better than the next. These should be the factory profiles.

Here is what the pack contains:

Steavens 39 Amp
    Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 Head
    Steavens Poundcake MK II
    Diezel Herbert MK II
    Framus Cobra
    Siggi Mehl Amp
    Groove Tubes 75 with 6L6 / 5881 Tubes
    Marshall JCM 800 / 2003 Mojo 2x12, Marshall 1960 AX (4x12 Greenbacks), Marshall 1960 A (4x12 Blackbacks)
    Leslie
    Fender Princeton Amp 1961
    Leslie 145
    Phaser Presets

Some KPAs shipped with the direct output not working right off the bat. To get it to work, you needed to do a system reset (hold the system button while booting up).

I actually really like the Siggi Mehl amp profiles. The L2 is kind of a cross between Dumble and Marshall. The L1 is a straight up really nice Marshall sound. Now that's an amp I would never have played in my life if not for the KPA!

Ok - until we get a rating system or a way to mark files the only way to help others is identify the corrupt kipr files. Do you remember which you loaded that may have been corrupt?

The corruption though may not be in the uploaded profile but when the profile is downloaded, copied to the USB stick, imported by the KPA, or at some point after it's already on the KPA. By the way, copying to and from a USB stick is a notoriously unreliable process because of the delayed read/write caches that operating systems use. Another reason why direct USB functionality for the KPA would be great.

Could a program be made to check for "corruption" in files or could the KPA run a corruption check on importing the profiles? Can't there be like a CRC checking ability?

I find these profiles much more usable than the initial factory profiles. They sound more open to me with better definition. I wonder what CK has learned about the profiling process since the initial profiles were done? :thumbup:

I tried your settings Radley and they were cool. Thanks man. All I can say is that I threw on my Soldano AIC patch and added the Xotic EP boost to the front end and have played Metallica for three hours straight. If the Axe 6.0 can can make people feel this good and just play, then boy are they lucky and more power to them. Right now the KPA is the only modeler that has ever really made me think more about playing than chasing tone. That to me is a huge win.

The kind of evolving I would like to see involves quality more than complexity - the quality of the Amp profiling & Cab emulation is already very high and unique! It's the 'trimmings' that don't really do it justice (various noise problems, aliasing, weak noise gate, weak stomp ODs). It's an unbalanced combination: A brilliant new approach to amp emulation, surrounded by inferior supporting components, making it less useful than it could (and I believe will) be.

Very well put. The issue lies more with evolving into its potential rather than competing in another product's paradigm. But the pace of product development is often a punctuated equilibrium, i.e., slow most of the time with the very occasional quantum leap forward. Even your favorite product has seen that type of cycle. And for many people it was not until firmware 11 that nirvana was reached. We are only at 1.08.

This is actually something I happened to think of myself.
    I've also been asking myself why this should be, and IMO the reason could lay in the fact that the KPA has entered the market having the Axe as its main competitor (in the musicians' eye); hence the instinct to want it comparable.

But I think that Eng. Kemper has always imagined his new creature as simple as possible, and TBH I believe this will be his guideline for the future. I mean, I think the goal is not to take the KPA to compete with the Axe.

I'm sure the KPA will evolve in the time, but I bet it will never have the complexity of the Axe.

Excellent post. I do wonder what the feeling and perspective would be had the Axe not been around and set such a high bar. The Axe seems to be really the first box to "do it all" at the professional level. Yes, you had pod's, rp's, gnu's and the like before but there was really only the Axe before at this level. So is it fair to compare a product that has been out for a few months against a product that costs more and has been out for five years? That is up to you.

But the unfortunate truth is that you can buy the Axe and get all of the years of back development for free. That's just the advantage of being out in the market first. For better or for worse, it is the gold standard and the KPA competes with it on various levels. Now, Kemper may choose to compete on purely a tone or on ease of use or on price, but it's hard to say it's not in competition in some way. There is nothing that says that the KPA must compete on FX, but if it does not, you can vote with your dollars and buy another product.

I think every guitarist deserves the right to getting over the top excited with the gear they own/buy whether it be a KPA or Axe-FX11, 11R, etc, etc.
    Fanboy is a good thing, it keeps the 'gear' industry ticking along...it's positive energy.

We should be happy for our Axe-FX11 buddies, we're happy, they're happy, nothing wrong with that.

KPA fanboy here. :)

I never thought of myself of a fanboy but I see myself posting A LOT on this forum. These days almost as much as you! lol. So maybe I am a fanboy (at least in the positive sense of the word). I thought I might go crazy with jealousy and missing my AxeII when 6.0 came out. But I have just really bonded with the KPA, warts and all. I have a fear of commitment though so the KPA better not want me to meet its parents or want or a ring or anything.

I use a .44 and love it. I wouldn't call it uncolored. I think if it like a nice Fender clean. I have used it with many modelers and have little problem getting a good sound from it.