Posts by hoth

Two more presets. I am not profiling modelers just to profile something - these are two of my bread and butter sounds and I use them. I have spent a good amount of time tweaking these so it's about capturing sounds I love into the KPA no matter where they come from. I thought we could use some more Orange flavor around here since I love Orange amps and we don't have too many of those up yet. This one's from Amplitube 3. The Gilmour profile is a mixture of a HiWatt pushed by a Muff with a dry HiWatt mixed underneath in similar ways to what I hear Gilmour is doing on SOYCD. That one is from Guitar Rig 5. Anyway, hope you can use these.

We have so many threads on requests for the KPA and things that are wanted ASAP. Is there any way to find out what are the things being worked on now for the "near" future to get a sense of where things are going? There has been little coming out of kemper as far as what's being addressed or what can be expected. Inquiring minds want to know :).

Seems like a great idea to me and could get studios to model their amazing amps that are just sitting around. I think we will always have a community of people who give away their profiles for free and we can add this new "commercial" sector too. Or we could have like an apps store where anyone can sell their profile for like .99 and the professional profiles could be maybe a couple bucks. Lots of different paradigms out there that can coexist together.

The "Tone Match" thing kind of smells like Beringer in a copy way.
    Rather than come up with new ideas, it looks like a catch up to stop lost sales.
    I hate when people copy ideas.
    I did it when I was young but learned its just a endless chase, better spent breaking new ground of your own.

Stop to look around and your dead...

Cliff definitely added tone matching for that reason since he was so against it before the KPA. But hey, the axe was a great box before this functionality so adding the matching shouldn't detract from its coolness. One thing I noticed in Cliff's statement on how the modeling was improved was the he said "We put test tones into the amps and obtain the matching information. That data is stored in the model." Isn't that then... Profiling? I thought he was against that.

... You're telling me! I was almost lapidated when (at the release of 5.0) I dared to write on that forum that there would have been further improvements in the future for sure. I was responding - go figure - to a guy who had written that FAS could have stopped any further software improvement at that stage, because it couldn't have sounded any better. LOL

Talibans are everywhere. Let's hope to keep them out of here :/

We''ve all been there as the support can get a little cultish. And the 120% realer reviews are coming out already. But in all honesty people on this forum have been accused of both of those too. I am just glad and hope that we keep that kind of childishness to a minimum.

Hey, so the AxeFX II firmware 6.0 was released today. Congratulations to cliff and the team and all of you on the board who have both a KPA and an AxeII. I am really happy that this is finally out and we can hear how good this type of tone matching is. I hope it's great and inspires the Kemper folks to go big on their next updates :). Viva la competition! I think we will be getting a torrent of honeymoon reviews of 6.0 in the next weeks so hold tight KPA owners!

Wow. Great information and advice guys. I think half the fun is in the chase. Whenever I think I am close, the next night I feel like I am miles away. Is that real or perceived. I don't know. But it's fun playing with the combinations of sounds and pedals, and sometimes you find something totally new in there. Those are magical moments.

As they say, opinions are like a$$holes - everyone's got one. People are always free to do what they want. I don't understand the negativity or really ANY negativity towards someone wanting to recoup their costs. Some people volunteer to build homes for free for poor people. But do you go up to a construction worker and yell at them because they are being paid to build a house?!!!! There is so much negativity everywhere these days. Let's keep this as positive a place as possible.

I have no problem paying for great or unique profiles. There is nothing that says you have to make profiles of your amps and there is nothing that says you have to make them free. I think you should be paid for time and effort just like you you would pay anyone else in other industries and situations get paid for time and effort. Isn't there a big industry of making third-party sample libraries or impulse responses for software players? I see no difference here.

Just my 2cents worth as a regular DI profile user.
    I think your lack of punch is simply a matter of getting the gain staging right. The shiva doesn't have an fx return level. It may simply be a matter of getting the level hitting the shiva fx return from your kemper up to the same level as the level provided by the preamp when you play the amp alone.
    Ive owned shivas in the past and fx levels have always been a problem with them on all versions albeit no quite so bad with more recent ones.(the fx sends are very hot requiring attenuation on your fx units input and therefore having to really ramp up the volume on its output. Ive had to go as far as introducing an mxr micro amp after fx in a shiva fx loop in the past)

+1 I had a Shiva for a number of years and loved it. But my Shiva was the older one and the FX send/return was not at your "normal" level. I even had to use a special cable from Bogner with it. Without that cable the send/return was very tempermental. Do you have any other amplification that you can try with the KPA? You might want to check out FRFR just because of the weight of that amp. I remember using it to hold up my car once while I changed a tire :).

:)

My question was sincere tho: what FX would you need for the sound you're after?
    (If you feel we're getting too much OT, you might consider opening a new thread, I'm sure it would be useful for others and for suggesting possible improvements in thr KPA :)

As far as effects to add, I would ask for a zendrive, ram's head muff, tonebender mkii, tape delay, spring reverb, memory man delay, orange crush compressor, classic phase 90, and electric mistress off the top of my head. I love my basic tones though these days so I can wait on perfecting the fx. Actually, now that I am using the monitor out rather than the headphone out when I'm playing through cans, I like the fx much more. I really am scratching my head with what's going on with the headphone out.

I just hooked up a headphone amp to the monitor out and even without any eq it's infinitely more usable than the headphone out.

I wonder why they chose that behavior for the headphone out. Would like the signal to be the same as the master output.