Posts by hoth

Ha ha. Me too! I chase Gilmour tone like teenage boys chase girls. That's one of the main reasons I want to be able to model other stomps and get more flexibility in the KPA. Can't wait to hear what you guys come up with.

Hey everyone. I played a while tonight just listening through headphones and I found the sound very harsh with my standard settings that I use through my Adam A8X. That makes perfect sense and is no biggie. So I went to both the master and monitor EQ and tried to drop the presence and treble. The changes to neither of the EQs changed the sound in the headphones.

I then played with the profile EQ and then the sound changed in the headphones. Is that the correct behavior for the EQs? I thought through the headphones I would be getting the same signal as what the master output was getting? If something's wrong then I guess I'll try a reset. But before I do that can you tell me how your headphone output works?

Thanks in advance for any the help.

I hear you, Hoth.
    Isn't it something you could achieve via an expanded set of stomps inside the KPA? I'm sure there will be more FX and more settings available within some time.

Technically speaking, I believe the KPA would need a separate engine for each non-linear sound source it replicates. I might be completely off here, but this would be coherent with what we know at the moment.

OTOH, no doubt that the KPA is unique in what it does and in the quality of its performance: should it be able to replicate the sound of just a couple high-class amps, it would anyway be a real bargain! I don't think it's expensive at all on the market. And, even a 5,000 $ boutique amp would need some FX to play Gilmour ;)

Yeah, it's still definitely a bargain :). Just want to make it as good as it can possibly be.

I think that the reason why you can't save a distortion stompbox as a pedal is because the KPA's algorithm would not be able to manage a distortion stage in series with an amp not working is its fully linear range.

IOW, I believe you can't put a profiled distorsion box in front of a cranked up amp profile. In fact, factory distortion stomps are all modelled, not profiled.

This came to my mind when I recalled Kemper advise to have no more than one non-linear stage on-line when profiling a rig.

If that's the case then we need better ability to combine profiled elements. For example, if you want to get a good Gilmour sound you may have to combine three or more profiled elements. Without that flexibility, then I have to keep a pedalboard and that limits the KPA's usefulness (and cost savings) to me.

Just want to tell people about the site http://gotpreset.com. It has a lot of different presets for various modelers and now includes a kemper section. It has good categorization and searching functions as well as the ability to "like" profiles. If we upload profiles to that site it could be useful until we get that functionality in the official rig exchange.

Go to
    My profile>> settings>> communication>> Enable reception of private messages

Only then it will work.

Yep, I did that a long time ago. I just re-checked and all of the right boxes are checked. I resubmitted my preferences just in case. Still doesn't work.

So I understand it correctly:
    The bad behaviour will not reappear, after you made a restore of your backup?

CK, thanks for being on top of this. I just had this "pulsing" issue on pretty any notes I played the other night. Almost like a tremelo was activated (but wasn't). I did a system reset (without even deleting/restoring rigs) and that fixed the problem.

I only had a chance to play around with the A-Brown+Timmy profile. It was really great. Thanks for spending the time to profile these. :thumbup:

It's funny. I actually came home tonight and I had this pulsing sound on patches. I troubleshooted with just a guitar into the KPA and the sound was still there - almost like a tremolo in the chain or a noise gate gone bad. I even replaced the battery in my guitar thinking the active pickups were giving up since I hadn't changed anything on the KPA. The pulsing was still there. Anyway, long story short, I did a reset (hold system button on startup) and it worked. Didn't delete any profiles. Go figure. :huh: There is something definitely going on, and hopefully the kemper team can figure it out. Till then people should really get used to the system reset process.

Wow. I'm glad you figured it out and really happy for you. I wonder if this is why some users report that their KPAs have these dealbreaker tone issues while others think it's the greatest thing. So the former are not just haters and the latter are not fanboys. And clips are extremely important! If you have a problem, do a system reset reset first!

Ok, don't stop. There are just too many great profiles. I feel like everyday there is at least one new amp that has been profiled really well that we now have "in the collection." Just want to send a big thank you to everyone who is making the KPA better and better everyday!