Posts by waraba

thx ! my main tone inspirations were ZZtop's eliminator and some older Whitesnake.

The good thing is that this particular profile will turn most humbucker guitars , even the really flat ones, into a lespaul like screaming beast.

this is a very short ballad I managed to get out my own profiles, having fun & testing , featuring some really cool tones from my private jessieM collection.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it's short but complete with intro, bass line, verse, leads & outro ;)

All tracks on my fantastic Ibanez artist on P94 hand-wound pick-ups, really something on this JCM800 inspired collection

rigs : 'gongelizer' (bassline) , 'allen2' (clean chorus), and 'miss honky Les Paul' on the fat leads .

as you seem to like my clips, here is another set for you !

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the honky les paul leads I got from the preamp are amongst the best I made.

Here is a collection of clips from my latest profiling sessions , I've been working around a JCM800 preamp to gather as much as good tones I could get.

the final pack will feature Single Coil, humbucker & P90 rigs in a single package, but also as free addon to their respective ATM packs !!

1st part is a collection of single takes tracks, in the middle double tracking , and finally a mix context.

no EQ and post FX , so it's pretty raw .

I won't be waiting, I already know what I'll do once I got OS4, I"m gonna plug my exp pedal, dial my favorite profiles ( the ones that have a fantastic gain course) setup my rhythm tone (crunchy, transparent & brilliant) then morph to a tight lead driven tone with full punch and a hint of tape delay , and play with all the steps between , while adjusting the treble, bass , definition and clarity. I have a clear plan in my mind , and I'll let hear the results ASAP.

I'd also like to make a cello like rig , using the same technics but for a swell attack :)

I'm sure it will be a fantastic tool for the all the artists & musicians out there !

Salut ! Pas la peine d'être agressif si tu veux une réponse ici , tu n'obtiendras que l'effet inverse !!

en matière d'enregistrement chaque contexte est différent et tes intentions devraient te permettre de savoir ou tu veux aller :

le multitracking est utile pour grossir tes pistes de gratte pour obtenir un gros son (métal) , l'idéal est de faire 2 vraies prises (et non une simple copie d'une piste) , pannées G/D , si possible avec 2 réglages différents , ou mieux 2 profils qui vont se compléter, ou encore 2 grattes différentes. Je te conseille d'enregistrer tes pistes sans effets , les effets VSTpost mix sont souvent meilleurs que ceux du KPA.
    ceci dit j'ai pris l'habitude d'intégrer la verb et le delay , ainsi qu'un bass cut et petit boost des aigus directement dans mes profils (commerciaux), car ce sont des opérations que je faisais SYSTÉMATIQUEMENT en post mix, et j'adore faire mes prises avec le (gros) son final.

un petit exemple de multitracking naturel (enregistré sur une squier , pas besoin d'une gratte à 3000€ !!!)

Pour des trucs plus softs (blues,jazz,rock'n roll) le choix de la gratte et du profil est primordial , je tape dans les classiques strat + fender , les paul + marshall, guitare jazz sur supro ... Même topo, je suis faignant alors j'ai fait mes profils définitifs (les commerciaux) qui me permettent de taper dans tous ces registres sans redevoir passer par la phase du choix du profil et des réglages. Bref je branche , je choisis le profil qui correspond au contexte donné et j'enregistre 2 prises par piste. Les leads viennent toujours après la rythmique , avec des profils dédiés, une fois de plus.

encore un exemple : du soft sur ma strat squier , on entend mieux la piste gauche et droite sur cet exemple, je voulais les séparer.

concernant la batterie et la basse je panne légèrement à Gauche et à droite pour la basse , pour éviter le 'recouvrement'. Perso je n'ai pas de basse alors j'utilise un octaver sur ma squier, ça me suffit dans un mix.

concernant les synthés, je les passe TOUJOURS dans mon kemper , afin de bénéficier du spdiff et du grain à tube, ainsi que des tape delays.

voilà , j'espère que ça pourra t'aider, bonne chance et n'hésite pas à expérimenter dans tous les sens.

hello, I've been using the internal dist box ( green screamer, fuzz, big muff ...) with success, mainly to change the color of the drive on driven profiles, or to act a as lead boost on clean profiles . I always prefered amp distortion/drive to pedal dist. I think they are very similar to their real counterparts, BUT they do not match every amp profile, it's a matter of matching, just in the real world, some pedals just won't make it on certain amps, while they'll sound glorious on others.

We all expect to have some better tweaks for the dist. box like basic EQ, mix % and / or ducking, in order to enhance the tweakability of theses stomps.

I've done a recording in the past ,with just a green screamer (no AMP) and my own Kemper CAB (JTM30), it turned out very well & natural, hear it yourself :

Thx for the feedback, it's interesting.

Have you done the test with a 'coloured' speaker ? I've done some experiments with the 'crappy' speaker of my fender frontman (Solid state) and it sounded very good with a few profiles . The fender ones, some supros and the vox ones were really great on my archtop.

my experience with my toaster ( I don't have a powered one) on the fender frontman ( using the return input ) :

I had to tweak a bit , both master out EQ and the profiles themselves : I deactivated the CAB from the profiles and I got this instant 'new combo feel' , the limits is that most profiles will sound the same since the real CAB colors the tone in the same way on each profile.

What I liked the most about it is that you got this 65W solid state amp sounding like a collector vintage blackface (and it looks very good). I used this setup on a live venue at my jazz club and got some great comments on my tone from everybody (with Pete's AC30 profiles).

Alternatively, using the CAB from the profiles (activated) led me to interesting results (for lead & higain stuff).