Posts by waraba

Thx a lot :)

Absolutely no mix or EQ tricks there, all the processing comes from the KPA itself. these are the raw tones from the pack, but some panning and some double tracking on some rhythm parts, but you can easily hear where :
    the intro mono chord is panned on the left, then I play a similar one on the right, for instance, it's a kind of natural double tracking. All other solo parts are mono as well.

The starting chords on the funky track are simple mono chords too, as well as the solo santanish parts.

I will provide mixed tracks later as well as direct input tracks with the original dry guitar on the left and my profile processed on the right.

And yes, the rigs are killer !

No pb for the update since the tool is open sourced , we only used open source parts as far as I remember.

Now it's just a matter of finding the right volunteers , who's next ?

W

Hello mates, Here is the link to my store

DEMO RIGS HERE

Let's start with the tones, I have three demos for your ears : clean stuff , driven rigs and a general teaser.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now for the content of the pack , here is what you will find in the humbucker pack :

Content of the pack : 8 direct profiles & 18 merged profiles (JTM cab):

direct input: These are RAW untweaked profiles levels are not even but all merged rigs were directly made from these profiles by matching a great JTM cab and tweaking them.

You'll find a good selection of FXs on each rig, in their own context. Most cleans include a dist stomp to switch from clean to lead on the same rig. On crunches and drives the dist stomps are mainly used to change the color of the drive.

clean.blues : a rig tailored for vintage blues style with lots of character, with a great gain
    course
    and a few pedals for different colors & FXes. This one fits both bridge and neck
    pickup well as well as splits. Also worth a try on single coils.

clean.jazz : warm , dimed on the trebles, sensitive to finger play and dynamic, best used on
    neck pickup
    , but allows some nice rhythm & strum on bridge PU. Splits will also fit well.

clean.main : an all around clean rig that fits most styles, including strumming. Comp and EQ
    will add more clarity for mix or live situation. It's really worth trying to play with the gain
    knob
    for different dynamics, crunches and tones.

clean.full : same kind, a little richer and ready for mix with the EQ being constantly ON.
    Great sensitivity to finger play and vol pot. A stereo widener is available.

clean.funk : this is a typical humbucker vintage funk tone (à la James Brown), very tasty on
    mid and bridge position. there are 2 different phasers and a specific chorus & wah.

clean.dry : very dry , and simple tone, it's made for recording while stacking up with other
    clean tones. Lots of FX choices & strum friendly.

crunch.zep : fits early Led Zep pretty close ,great for blues and crunchy rhythm guitar parts,
    there is a good gain course, try it for yourself. There is a good 12 string emulation on
    stomp A, and to distortion types.

crunch.dirty : crunch with great character, , good gain course, mostly used on bridge PU.
    some real single coil flavor & twang for your humbucker guitars

drive.70's : that typical 70's growl you hear on classic rock album ( Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith,
    Grand Funk...) the gain course is perfect on this one, you'll achieve superb cleans &
    crunches as well with a rolled off vol pot on your guitar. The 1st dist stomp is a great big muff
    classic preset, and the 2nd one is even dirtier, with some single coil flavors. I love this rig

drive.heavy : be sure to have the boost engaged on this rig , it's really part of the tone.
    That's the heavy tone most humbucker guitars will love when it comes to hi gain rhythm. It's
    best used on bridge pick up with vol pot adjustments instead of gain tweaking.

heavy.rhythm.brit : a typical Marshall rhythm tone, the AMT handles this tone surprisingly
    good, lots of basses and punch.

heavy.rhythm.US : similar to heavy boogie straight tones, lots of punch from the AMT and
    the JTM cab.

lead.US : pretty distorted boogie classic lead with delay, a few options & colors in the FX
    selection. Djemass friendly EDIT : there is an alternative lead.US.djemass tweaked by the
    man himself to record the demos.

lead.brit : classic distorted Marshall lead tone , try to adjust the drive by the guitar vol.
    pot.

lead.dirty : this is the lead that will complement the drive.70's well, similar vibe, but tailored
    for leads with a hint of dirt.

lead.carlos : to mimic Carlos Santana tone, must be used on neck pickup with finger style
    attack and vol pot adjustments. Best used on PRS or Yamaha SG.

Hello ,

Here is my first commercial profile pack for the KPA. I used my trusty AMT SS11 preamp for direct profiles and I merged them with my favorite JTM cab. The results were so good that I decided to edit them all in guitar specific packs, so they could really be ready to play.

The first pack is the single coil pack, where the AMT really shines on cleans,crunches driven tone, and even the leads.

Here is my first teaser recorded on a tele, a strat and a split HB heritage.

Rigs used : 'full clean' 'crunch1' 'drive1' 'Jimi' , some of the most popular rigs amongst the beta testers.

Hi, I agree with Paults, it's easier to get good cleans from crunches and driven rigs.

Most clean profiles are not specifically profiled to get great driven tones. However , In lots of cases you get a good gain range up to a certain point where the distortion gets fizzy, you should not try to tweak too much at this point, it's much better to get another profile of the same amp but on a more driven (sweet spot) setting.

Thx Andy , great story ! I have not yet tried the other DG hiwatt you have , but you were wise to get your hands on these amps mate :)

I've got a strange 70's GEM amp at home with a solid state preamp and tube poweramp, I know also some music man amps that have been similarly built and were preferred by jazzmen.

Anyway, KPA allow us to get this tones back and we're now sure that they won't disappear in history.

Hi Bobbo, I got much love for the ones on my strat, Hot fender noiseless (Jeff Beck ones), they're full of life and really noiseless.

The volume course is really great (with the right caps) since it keeps lots of clarity. what I love the most is that you have the traditional strat tone at volume 8/9 and a modern one at 10. Anyway, they can play everything from Lullabies & Jazz to Motorhead.

This is the one strat I use on my recording, sounds way better than the stock fender PU I got on the American Standard I sold.