Posts by waraba

Hello !

Here is a short & stupid one , some 80's noodlings on an old heritage US guitar I just get out of my closet ( my 1st real US guitar ) . She's now a vintage one and the SH5 duncan I did put on it in the 90's now have a great soul. This guitar is only 3cm thick but it has a great tone and playability , very Gisbon like in fact ( built in kalamazoo when Gibson moved).

Here is the link

the mix & ogg encoding did not turn that well, sorry

I got same audio box, here is my setup :

I bypass 1 & 2 inputs ( no color graph like yours )

coax is about 3 o' clok ( lower right pot )

clock internal - sample rate 44 kHz

regarding the driver : digital out wave 3 & 4
    digital in auto

be sure to swap input & return cable once if you still got no sound , I plug my kpa blindly and swap the cables until I get some sound ( yes It's really a dirty method )

I gave 'em a short run and I think they are excellent, cleans crunches and leads they all have a distinct boogie flavor. Similar to Dje's MarkIIc and Thumas one's. LD2 is fantastic for ZZ top stuff. It's really a great collection and a great addition to the boogie world.
    Master of puppets rig is impressive in gain level, it actually drives my guitar into instant feedback , it has a great 80's & 90's very heavy tone , thanks a lot.

You did a studio profile of them with the VH4 power amp & SG1 cab right ?

Yeah , of course , I don't know the beast but I had a boogie once and it's really a sensitive gear and one knob can interact ( non linear ) with other settings, so it's really tricky.

here is the PDF docs : (lots of settings on page 11 , very usefull docs indeed , 5 pages just to explain the EQ settings !!! )

http://www.mesaboogie.com/media/User Manuals/Quad Preamp.pdf

I'm interested in :

(5) Jazz Rhythm 1, Warm, Round, Clean Rhythm 2, Soft Clipping Lead 1, various functions and how they
    interact.

*MEANS CONTROL PULLED OUT

CHANNEL 1

VOL. 6
    TREB. 3
    BASS. 5
    MID. 5*
    MAS. 5
    LD.DR. 3
    LD.MAS. 3.5
    REV. 4

CHANNEL 2
    VOL. 5
    TREB. 5
    BASS. 5*
    MID. 5*
    MAS. 10
    LD.DR. 5
    LD.MAS. 2

*MEANS CONTROL PULLED OUT

I'm also interested in some 'singing leads' from the PDF like :

(3) Clean Rhythm 1, Clean Rhythm 2, Singing Lead, Bluesy Lead 2:

CHANNEL 1
    VOL.6*
    TREB.6*
    BASS.3*
    MID.5*
    MAS.5
    LD.DR.4
    LD.MAS.3½*
    REV.4

CHANNEL 2
    VOL.6*
    TREB.6
    BASS.3*
    MID.3*
    MAS.5
    LD.DR.5
    LD.MAS.4

I feel a little unconfortable asking , but It might lead to some definitive quad preamp profiles :)

thx a lot for your time

Hi ! I love this rig , sounds so cool on my gear and most of my guitars.

I'm having hard time to guess what's "Head strung" reference.

BTW new namins conventions are a pain in the ass !! but they are actually funny.

Oui l'usb te permets de ne plus passer par une clé pour gérer les imports.

ça fonctionne pas encore pour les MAJ de firmware ceci dit, mais c'est super pratique pour les previews ( tu peux pré- écouter les rigs du rig exchange )

I've been playing with it : merge a cab from 3.0 merged profiles with a studio profile and mix the two

Here is the official doc :

♦ Merging Studio Profiles and Direct Amp Profiles

In case you were wondering, Direct Amp Profiles can be merged seamlessly with Cabinets of Studio Profiles into a single Profile containing the sound of both. To do this, create a Direct Amp Profile (without cabinet) and a Studio Profile (with cabinet and microphone) of the same reference amplifier and store them separately. It’s good practice to keep all settings of the reference amplifier exactly the same for both Profiles, to yield as authentic a result as possible. Both Profiles can then be merged by copying the Cabinet of the Studio Profile into the Direct Amp Profile and press the soft button “Merge Cabinet”.

Here’s the procedure in detail:
    ••
    Select the Studio Profile in Browse Mode.
    ••
    Hold the CABINET button for at least one second until it’s in focus.
    ••
    Press the COPY button on the Front Panel.
    ••
    Press EXIT and select the respective Direct Amp Profile.
    ••
    Hold CABINET again until it’s in focus.
    ••
    Press the PASTE button.
    ••
    “Merge Cabinet” will appear under soft button 2. Push it!
    ••
    Press EXIT and store your new Profile.

Your Merged Profile now features the authentic “amp with cabinet” sound of the Studio Profile, whenever the Cabinet Module is active. If you switch off the Cabinet Module, you will get the authentic, “amp only” sound of the Direct Amp Profile to be fed into a physical guitar cabinet. The original Direct Amp and Studio Profiles are now fully contained in the Merged Profile, so you are safe to delete them now, if desired.

A positive side-effect is that the Cabinet of the Studio Profile has become an “authentic” cabinet, comparable to one based on an imported impulse response. If you copy a “merged” Cabinet Profile such as this into another Studio Profile later on, it will not undergo the usual approximation of the CabDriver algorithm.

Note: the soft button “Merge Cabinet” always appears if the Cabinet of a Studio Profile is copied into a Direct Amp Profile. It will not appear under different conditions.
    Note: when you have created both a Direct Amp and a Studio Profile of the same amp with settings unchanged, you might still notice that the values for “Amp Gain” and “Amp Definition” differ a bit. Don’t worry - this has no impact on the sound.

Tu devrais vraiment installer le rig manager ( support / download ) tu peux gérer les imports par drag'n drop , c'est bien plus simple que la clé USB.

Sinon c'est bien le rep Shared qui convient.

Autre solution : la restore d'usine devrait te réinstaller les merged rigs.

Cab & amp separation is really great now, to test it I fount an easy way : either lock an amp you like or a cab and scroll to other 3.0 rigs and browse , possibilities are endless.

Brilliant tech Mr Kemper !