Posts by zentman

I can just see a certain someone frothing at mouth hunched over his keyboard editing every lunatic post over and over. Kid...you have some serious issues. A reality check is in order. Your fan boyism is beyond normal. You make Nicolas Rivera at TGP look sane by comparison.

You posted a thread from 2010 to prove the axe was inferior? Do you know what year the Axe II came out? 2011. That was an Ultra in that thread and you knew it. You're so hopeless you resort to deception. You work for Kemper?

You can't tell the difference between some clips so you state it's because the user was so good and the device had nothing to do with it? That guy easily nailed some expert profiles. You want me to match every amp to prove to you a forum idiot that the device capable? I don't think so homey. The fact that it is on touring rigs of MAJOR players doing arenas is enough to prove that

Did you know the average user makes crap profiles? There's thousands on the profile site. Just god awful stuff. That's why the pros can charge money. See anybody selling Axe patches? No? That's because it sounds great in the hands of anyone who turns it on provided they can actually play unlike ......never mind.

Good lord man...get some help. You have no clue how normal people view your fanaticism do you?

The difference between us is you buy products based on Artist's endorsement, and I buy them based on trying them first hand! So let's hypothetically say that if I told you I played on platinum records, this will change your opinion of the Kemper and the guitars that I use should all the sudden become better guitars? 8o

Well don't let me stop you from buying into artist's endorsement and advertising, but I let you in on a secret "Artist endorsement means crap and it falls into promotion and advertising" . Keep that a secret please as some companies might not be able to survive if everyone finds out that advertising is fiction for the feeble minds who are unable to judge for themselves.

The difference between you and me is I was on the road touring the United States with a 64 Super Reverb in 1973 and played pro for 20 years. I have owned most of the truly classic amps and still have a few. I play very very well. I have never bought an item based on an endorsement. If I hear something great I might see what a player is using. The folks I mentioned are not endorsers. As a matter of fact Carrie Underwood's management had a gag order on Fractal to not tell anyone all 5 guys in the back line were using Fractal. They use them because they easily replace the real amps they were using and sound great. Your opinion to the contrary means absolutely zero in the grand scheme of things. You can barely play so guys like you are like armchair quarterbacks to me. Can't play, never had a music career=try to be somebody important on a gear forum to earn street cred. Classic. If you had some chops I might listen.

The company that made the rack posted it on Hugeracks which is how it came out. Your insulting attempts at belittling other products and people only serve to make you look like a petulant schoolchild who saw a new kid at school with a shiny bike and rather than congratulate your tore in to him our of insecurity and jealousy. You post a lot here and most of it is anti other guy. Kinda sad. :(.

You're beating a dead horse man. There are a group of guys here who will stop at nothing to denigrate the Axe product. Just like some guys at Fractal who do the same to the Kemper. They will claim to hear stuff nobody else can. Joe Bonammasa could start using either and someone would say "That's because he's deaf now" or some other absurdity. Monkey Mans theorem was ridiculous at best. Like I stated, there are too many golden ears using these things. Let Monkey Man or Dean post their credentials against those I posted and tell me who you think might have a better understanding of producing great musical sounds.

So we have two choices then Monkey Man, either hundreds of world class players, engineers, techies, and producers all have become attuned to the artifacts and never heard them even on first listen or they don't exist. According to Occams Razor, the latter is true. Sure folks can become attuned to a certain sound and accept the deficiencies but not these folks. They are trained to listen critically. They hear stuff you can't that's why they tour the world and you and I argue on forum boards.You are simply mistaken in your reasoning and attempt to belittle a fine product so you feel better about your choice. That is a far more common phenomena than your little theory above. Product bias based on your individual choice...period.

You can't explain the massive popular appeal of this product away with "everyone's wrong". Too many golden ears in the equation. These people have the best amps in the world. They listen back and forth. Unlike you and I they create million selling works of art and pack arenas.

Although your theory does explain why none of you hear the lack of low end or overall muddiness to the Kemper. (just playing with you)

After listening to the band I wouldn't put a lot of weight on the guitar section equipment choices. That was my purpose of asking who is Carrie Underwood. Not that they are bad but more average. Run of the mill you might say. I wouldn't use their equipment choices to leverage an argument.

Good or bad. I have never heard an Axe in person so I can't rightly get into this fight.

Even though Jimmy Herman has played with :

Performed with: Dierks Bentley, Steven Tyler, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Gretchen Wilson, Billy Dean, Danielle Peck, Ricochet, Little Big Town, Orianthi, Michael Martin Murphey, Ricky Minor Band (American Idol/Jay Leno), Jason Aldean, Chuck Wicks, Jake Owen, Hunter Hayes, Vince Gill, Randy Travis, Miranda Lambert, Josh Turner, Craig Morgan, Billy Currington, Bryan Adams, Sons of Sylvia.

you wouldn't put a lot of stock in his opinion. Average run of the mill player right? I see. The fact that they are a top touring outfit backing a Grammy award winning artist who packs arenas means nothing. Nobody there checking the guitar tones except the musicians right? No producer? No Engineers with oodles of top notch experience leaning over and telling all five guys that they hear "artifacts"? You guys are really something here. Unbelievable the level of deception you will put yourself through to convince to yourself you have the worlds greatest toy. Seems to me it wouldn't matter who played the Axe live you'd find a way to belittle the testimony. Metallica, these guys, Zappa, the Edge, Brian Nutter, Danny Elfman doesn't matter. None of them know as much or have as valid opinions as this forum. Okay then. Carry on with the circle jerk. :P

For the record, the Kemper product has top level touring pros too but unlike you, I don't have to belittle them to make myself feel good about having an Axe. That's because.......wait for it.......it's gonna hurt you be warned....................THEY ARE BOTH REALLY TOP NOTCH PIECES OF GEAR.........it's ok to say that....it won't make your Kemper sound bad. :)

Dean, the sampling rate on the Axe is 48k. That's all I have for you specifically. To any and all who hear artifacts, bad tone, and otherwise on the Axe product. To any who state it can't do cleans or mid break ups. Can you tell me how it keeps getting past the ears of guys like below?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAIw3USo8mM/

Look up his discography. Now consider the fact that Carrie Underwood's entire 5 member back line are all going through this. Do you really think the tech crew, the producers, all 5 musicians and everyone involved in a arena filling world class act don't know as much as some random dudes on a competing products forum? Maybe you suspect a bit of bias here as I do. There are guys like that on every single forum. Just have to have the best or they feel cheated somehow. I can guarantee you that many touring level pros can and do use the Axe or the Kemper and get stellar tones. :
    [Blocked Image: http://www.xacttone.com/info/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/front_34-1.png]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Years ago I would have hung around and argued for hours to no conclusion. I don't do that anymore. This is a Kemper forum where Fractal is a bad word. It would be as pointless as going to the Democratic National Convention as a Republican. Nobody in this forum will be swayed. Many will argue just to be right. If you'd like to hear more Axe clips google "Axe Fx II soundcloud". You will hear dry, wet, clean dirty, etc. to your hearts content. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I gig with the Axe and CLRs, people love me live, and that's all there is to my story. Please enjoy your wonderful Kempers and peace to all of you here in the land of Kemper. :)

Why does it need to be swamped in reverb?

Probably because the guy liked it and thought it sounded good, ya know like Eddie does. Like that very famous Kemper Golub Crunch mod Marshall clip where the guy uses a Strymon Blue Sky and a little Brute drive and Kemper reverb and ambience. Why not the just Kemper on board effects? Because it sounded good. Dean's Bogner clip has a bunch of delay, works for me. In all 3 clips, Deans, the Golub, and that random Axe Bogner, I can still hear the tones and to my ear, they are all just dandy with the Golub leading the pack.

External Content www.youtube.com

Probably one of the best amp tones ever in that.

I didn't think posting a clip here would go over well at all. Kinda like eating a bacon sandwich in a Mosque. I just thought that clip Dean put up of the Axe Bogner was a bad clip.

Last thing before I disappear again. Here's an quote from around Mimic time:

CLIFF NOTES! Here's an update on FW10.

"I have about a dozen amps left to match. The code is done. It's just the grunt work of lugging the amps into the lab and hooking them up and running all the MIMIC tests that remains. Some amps are done quickly. Others can take some time if MIMIC indicates a discrepancy in the model which means I have to revisit the model and check for incorrect parameters. The goal is for the model to be as close as possible to perfect and let MIMIC clean up the fine details. MIMIC *can* completely warp an amp into another amp but then the tone controls will probably not work the same, etc. So, in theory, the model doesn't have to be very accurate if you are only interested in matching the amp at some given knob settings. However, I want the model to as perfect as possible so everything works just like the amp. FWIW, in many cases the new modeling is so accurate that it's nearly impossible to hear the difference with the MIMIC processing turned off."

It's filled with hyperbole but it does read that he was dragging those amps in to test. Congrats on your Kemper decision. May it give you many years of tonal blis

Hi Dean,

You most likely were not aware of this when you posted earlier but Fractal bought or borrowed every amp including a Dumble when they were doing the mimic thing. They also had users send in amps if they wanted them mimic'd. I recall Cliff posting that schematics weren't cutting it. You may have misread the user manual regarding their goals, here's an excerpt:

"You may have noticed that the Axe-Fx II is not typically described as a “modeler.” This is not to diminish its debt to heritage; on the contrary, we’ve done thousands of hours of deep analysis of the greatest amps, cabs, and effects of all time. In fact, amps and pedals, their vacuum tubes and other components, plus speaker cabs and many effects, are painstakingly replicated to perform exactly like the originals. But while the unit includes emulations based on specific product types, it goes well beyond simply presenting models—with their limited controls, features, and sounds—to offer a do-it-yourself modeling platform. If it’s models you want, we can give them to you, but why stop there?"

It goes on to state that you can change tonestacks and warp advance parameters if you wish. That's probably where the whole "better than an amp" thing came in. Just advertising it's features beyond the amp simulation attempts.

They actually do strive to sound exactly like the models they claim to represent but whether they achieve that is the subject of much debate. It is clear where you stand on the subject. According to Fractal even the positions of the knobs match the amps and interact the same way. Again, you may disagree. I'm pretty sure the only thing that can't be modeled is the speaker impedance thingy. That being said the presets are already set to what they are supposed to be. If you change IRs you probably should look up the wiki that informs you of what the proper setting might be for that cab or play it by ear as I do.

Oh, here is a better example for your Bogner test:

External Content

It's kinda old but what the heck. I'm not one to state that it sounds better now as an excuse for poor tones. Just thought I'd help clarify a bit.

For the record, I think the Kemper product is an outstanding development in digital guitar emulating. It sounds awesome no doubt. Probably shouldn't even be discussing the Fractal unit here as most folks are Kemper users. I read the forum from time to time. I am waiting for the next thing from these guys. I think they will come out with something with maybe USB recording, more effects, and other features folks want. I'll nab one then. Right now I'm on the list for that AX8 thing and I'll definitely check out the new line 6 deal too.

Thank you for taking the time to research my posting history (Nothing obsessive about that). I stand by every post you quoted. Being an American I want to see USA business succeed, God knows we need it here. Being a Fractal owner, I want to see the company thrive.They go out of business and my product support dies. I also own a Ford and wish them much success as well. ;)

What others think about the Fractal product is fine. Spreading misinformation is not. It doesn't give the reader a fair overview of the product. I am no fan of misinformation being spread about the Kemper company either. I wanted Kemper to succeed years ago with this product and stated so. Go find those now. (hint, they won't be on the Fractal forum). You see Mr Orko and whatever other nicks you use elsewhere, I am always Zentman so it's pretty easy to do. I don't change my nicks between forums because I am not ashamed of my posting history (not most of it anyway) unlike others who do.

Kemper gave the industry a kick in the pants and revolutionized digital amp simulation. Love it! I just recommended it to the OP. I recommended it to the leader of the group I played in and he got one.

Debunking illogical debate is just a pastime. If you heard my clips, then you are probably aware I play quite a lot. :) Feel free to research my posting history at TGP, Fractal, or Rig talk.. I'm afraid you really stretched the truth to make your point. Every forum has an ignore button, feel free to use it on me.

I tried to get the thread back on topic but there are my personal detractors who will not let that happen. It's not about me. It's about a fair comparison between two products that the OP was curious about.

Allow me to make my final recommendation based on your post.......are ya ready folks? Get the Kemper. You will have plenty of effects, it sounds stellar, new stuff still coming, boatloads of fun amps to keep trying all the time, and it's cheaper to purchase, especially in Europe. Plus....and it's a biggy, it actually looks pretty damn cool. :)

Lol I have no idea what 4chan is , but if people are doing that maybe you should think about how you are perceived and step away from the Internet for awhile.

And if you want to talk class I'd be happy PM you the names you have called a few people and maybe you might rethink a little pointing the finger

I'm not sure what post you are talking about and I don't really care.

Just to be clear, I actually know who you are and your 3 other alts on various forums ( I only have one, Zentman as I have nothing to hide). I think it was about 2-3 years ago when we had a heated discussion at HCAF. You still carrying that hurt? Sorry man. I really didn't think it would scar you for life. Pretty sure you know what 4chan is and since "Google is your friend", you at least Googled it.;)

That being said, this is another forum at another time. Those days are gone, try to move on. The topic here in this thread is "

On the fence between Kemper Profiling Amp and Axe FX II

as per the OP not "Zentman hurt my feelings when he called me a name three years ago so I am gonna follow him from forum to forum and trash talk him personally".

Please try to stay on topic. I actually reported the off topic BS to the mods but since it seems to be ok with them, I took a moment to address your libel.