Posts by Webb

Which version are you talking about? Did you try the 1.1.0 Public Beta?
    Timo

Yes, I am on the 1.1 Beta. Haven't contacted support yet, but wanted to post here first to see how common this issue is.

Hopefully if it's a bug it will be corrected in an upcoming firmware update. Or maybe it was just a fluke and I'll cross my fingers it doesn't happen again. I had it on and off many times over the weekend and things are working fine *knock on wood*. I mentioned I had the unit for a couple months, but I actually bought it new from zzounds on June 3, so it's just over one month old.

Well no matter what I tried or how long I let it sit, it would not start. I had to resort to erasing the internal flash memory and reloading the factory rigs. Imported my user profiles and all seems fine again. I love the sounds but I don't know how comfortable I would feel using this live at this point. Only had it for a couple months and already had an "Unknown Error" trying to import rigs and now this. Hopefully it was just a fluke and things go a little smoother from here on out.

Only had my KPA for a couple weeks and now having an issue where it won't start. Everything was working fine a few hours ago, but I turned it off when I went to dinner. Just came back and turned it on and it looks like it's booting up (the progress bar moves to the end)...but then it just sits there on the "Kemper Profiling Amplifier - Get the latest software updates..." green screen.

The first time I let it sit there for about 10 minutes and it never came on. Tried around 5 other times and let it sit between 5 and 15 minutes with the same result. Plus, turning the power knob to off doesn't do anything. I have to disconnect the power supply. I even tried a system reset by holding the System button upon start up. After it goes through the initializing process, it just hangs again.

I'm on the current public beta firmware 1.1 something.

Any advice??

Hey guys,

Recently got a KPA and have been enjoying it immensely playing through the Master Outs to a pair of Yamaha HS80's. Wanted to try it through a power amp/cabinet, so I connected the Monitor Out to my Matrix GT800FX and Diezel 2x12. However, I'm not getting any signal to the power amp. Is there something I need to switch internally on the KPA to enable the use of an external power amp and cab? I know the cables and the connection from the Matrix to the cab is good because this same setup works with my Axe FX II.

Also, I just tried to connect the Master Out to the Matrix and it worked. I'm just not getting anything out of the Monitor Out. What am I doing wrong? I'm on the latest Beta firmware.

Not sure what caused it, but seems to be working fine now after a USB reformat.

Another question - can you have sub-folders under the "Shared" folder. For example, if I stuck all my cabinets in a "Cab" folder within the Shared folder, would the Kemper see them properly?

The few times I've had errors like that I deleted the profiles on the USB, recopied them, and then attempted to import again. It's always worked for me on the second attempt.

No luck. Deleted everything that was in the "Shared" folder and copied all the rigs over again from my Mac. It starts the import process but the line only gets about 1/4 of the way through before the error message pops up again. Damn, this is frustrating. Just imported some rigs the other day and all was fine. Nothing has changed except I downloaded a couple more today.

Any other ideas?

Another thing, when I click "OK", it goes back to the import/export screen but stays frozen there. I can't exit or anything. It won't even power off...I have to pull the power cord to shut it down. After it restarts, it seems normal but the new rigs were not added. Anyone?

Just got an error trying to import some new rigs. I've done this already a handful of times with no issues. Just downloaded some new ones from the exchange today...saved them to the Shared folder on my Kemper formatted USB stick...selected external storage -> import... and after about 5 minutes there was an X on the screen with a message that reads: "An unknown error has occurred". There are additional words underneath that but it is cut off and I can't make it out.

Tried twice so far with the same result. Has anyone experienced this before? And if so, what is causing it and what can I do to fix it?

BTW, I'm on 1.0.9.7426 if that matters.

Thanks for the info, Guitartone. I'll try that tonight.

JoeBlob - I know how to turn the cab off, I was looking to try different cabs in the rig. I'm playing through Yamaha HS80's so I want to leave the cab on.

Hey guys, new user here trying to wrap my head around a couple things. Up until now, I've been thoroughly enjoying playing through the various profiles posted on the Rig Exchange. I love what I'm hearing, but now I'm ready to experiment.

I keep hearing about people switching out the cabinets, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I read through the manual and did not see anything about how to do this (although reading comprehension is not my strong suit).

Can someone explain in pretty simple terms how this is accomplished? Thanks!

Mitch, great to have you here. I actually have your first cd in my collection. Brings back good memories.

Thanks for sharing the profiles and looking forward to more in the future!