Posts by savannahalex

Thanks, all. I just learned how to play it this week, so I've got a lot of work to do to get it sounding good. The tone of that profile is just killer. Anybody else here tried it out yet? Man, it really sings when you dig into the upper register. Oh, and thanks to And44 for the awesome profile! Awesome work, man. Seriously. Great work.

Good morning, all. This morning, I plugged my KPA in and Erupted. Used And44's EVH5150III profile from his second amp pack. I think I've clocked more hours with this profile than with any other. It is just so freaking fun to play through, especially the way the upper mids punch through once you get past that 15th fret on a maple fingerboard. I'm actually ordering a 5150III 50-watt head because of this profile.

Eruption Cover on My Soundcloud

Signal chain: Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod --> KPA --> Poopy Yamaha Audiogram 3 USB Interface --> KOMPUTA!! --> Your Earhole

- Alex

I was not quite sure what to expect at first, but upon unpacking it and getting rolling, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the stock profiles. After I picked up some user-made and commercial profiles (some of Ola's stuff and profiles from The Amp Factory), I can't imagine using anything else. I also found that the Marshall Golub Crunch Mod profile is one that I keep using for noodling around. I play mostly mid to high-gain stuff. I like 80s rock to modern metal, i.e. Lamb of God, Chimaira, etc. This unit has the cojones for it.

It probably wouldn't hurt to mention that the other unit I was considering was the AxeFX 2. I was already on the waiting list, and I waited until I received my discount coupon from Fractal before making the decision as to which one to buy. After spending about four months listening to different sound samples that people were doing, the choice was pretty clear. KPA all the way.

As much as I enjoy my Kemper, I have a hard time diving into doing something like that without having first tested it out. Unfortunately, I live in a town where decent equipment stores do not exist. The closest Guitar Center to me is over two hours away in Jacksonville, FL to the south, or Charleston, NC to the north. Besides, I would much rather bang up a durable tube amp than bang up my Kemper.

Good morning, all. I find myself in a bit of a sticky wicket. I am a proud Kemper user, but I cannot bring myself to go through the process of developing a live rig for my device. About a year ago, I decided that I was done playing live. Well, that changed, and now I'm hunting for a new amp while keeping the Kemper for home studio use. The problem is that there isn't a store within 2-3 hours drive time of my location (Savannah, Georgia) that has either of the two amps that I'm considering. I've been eyeballing the EVH 5150 III and the Carvin Legacy 3 pretty seriously, and they both seem to have their merits. I'm looking for an amp with great lead tones, as well as the ability to pull of classic rock AND hard rock fairly well. There seem to be a number of decent 5150 III demos online, but I cannot find much for the Legacy 3. I don't know if this is because Carvin products are underrepresented as a whole, being available only from Carvin directly. My last traditional amp was a Marshall JVM410H, which I nicknamed "The Adultress" because of her reliability issues. Anyhow, thoughts?

Thanks! I turned all of the stomps off, as well as the delay. I kept the reverb on and and shortened the response time, but turned the pre-delay on it up to around 150ms. I ran my guitar straight (Charvel San Dimas) straight into the front of the Kemper and out to my DAW. Sorry about any mistakes in there, but I was trying to do the whole song in one shot without any overdubs the way Eddie did. After listening to his isolated guitar tracks, I realized that he did the entire thing without punching in once. Dude's amazing. I enabled PM as well.

Thanks!

I used one of Ola's profiles, the Mr. Hector SM57 profile, if I'm not mistaken. That particular profile just sounds killer, definitely one of the best high-gain profiles out there. It's very percussive, and I love that about it. I'm using Cubase 5.1 for my DAW. The guitar is a Carvin V220 with Seymour Duncan JB/59 pickups. I boosted level slightly using a Maxon OD-9 and kept the noise under control with my ISP Decimator pedal. Drums are SD 2.0 with a drum mixer preset that I've been working on forever. The beer of choice for this song was Leffe Blonde.

I'm glad you people enjoyed this one. I've got a handful of songs on this same EP that I'm about to completely re-do using the Kemper. It sounds better than the Marshall that I'd been micing up. It's like I've been chewing on rocks for all these years, and now I've got a box of Cracker Jacks.