Posts by djazz

MAC VERSION PLEASE ! :love:
    Really hope to have a Mac version soon cause i need this stuff !!

I've got snow leopard system or an old windows xp and i don't want to buy an expensive os just to run this.

MAC VERSION PLEASE ! :love:
    Really hope to have a Mac version soon cause i need this stuff !!

I've got snow leopard system or an old windows xp and i don't want to buy an expensive os just to run this.

I agree, I'm in the same boat. I have a tablet PC with XP on it and don't need Windows for anything else. We must be patient grasshopper.

How do you change your email address for the forum? I cannot find anything under "Edit Profile" which would seem to be the obvious place. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure if it's already been asked, but will it run on a system with Windows XP? I'm an Apple guy, but I have an old Motion LS800 tablet running Windows XP. Sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't know much about PC operating system differences etc..

Does anyone have one of these they could profile? Probably not, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I was looking at videos of one of my favorites Pat Martino using it and would like to see if a profile could be done. Thanks in advance. Perhaps one of the paid profilers knows of one they could get hands on? Editing post: I'm not even sure if this has a preamp or not, sounds like a power amp?

I'm not sure if this was ever solved but it happened to me today while simply browsing presets. I have tuner checked off and both pedals off. There are no pedals connected whatsoever. I searched and dabbled for 10 minutes and finally checking "ON" WahPedal to Vol. in the Systems menu made the sound come back. Why? I'm not even using any pedals. It must have been something in the patch I had ran across? I am running 2.2.0.8917B If I uncheck Wah Pedal to Vol. there is no sound. FYI, this is listening via headphones on the headphone out, I haven't checked it with the master out.

It is great for jazz. I like many profiles and as others have suggested Fender amps always were one of my favorites for jazz. I just bought a single profile of a Vintage Blackface Twin and it is my latest favorite with my Benedetto Benny guitar. I would love to get a pair of really small FRFR speakers for use with it, like something with 10 inch or maybe even 8 inch speakers for portability for jazz gigs. In stereo it sounds great if you like a more modern sound with some delay, verb and/or chorus.

I tried a used Egnater Rebel 30 at GC today. Man did that amp sound good and especially on the clean channel for jazz not to mention the dirt sounds and emulated out at zero volume. The KPA cannot be beat for recording and simplicity, but I do not feel bad about liking the amps. Without the amps the inspiration is gone. I may just pick that one up. Has anyone profiled the Rebel clean?

Thanks a lot ! tried them already , and they are top notch . The clean one is so sweet , really warm and full of caracter! The Fuzz one turned really well too , if you put a treble booster and volume tone down on humbucker, its similar to cream kind sound . In my case i always prefer different tone setting on the amp instead of OD Boxes , But for sure many will find a use to them .
    Congrats Sirius, you are a golden Profiler ! always high quality work ! The comunity apreciates ! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot ! tried them already , and they are top notch . The clean one is so sweet , really warm and full of caracter! The Fuzz one turned really well too , if you put a treble booster and volume tone down on humbucker, its similar to cream kind sound . In my case i always prefer different tone setting on the amp instead of OD Boxes , But for sure many will find a use to them .
    Congrats Sirius, you are a golden Profiler ! always high quality work ! The comunity apreciates !

Tone, I agree, with the KPA you can get the distortion piece from such a large selection that you almost do not need pedals. Get that from the amp and forget the pedals. Having said that, I've also been impressed with pedals over the years and I still like to hear them without owning them and this gives me that possibility. If one starts with a clean sound and then adds the pedal, we can see the way the pedal sounds. A while back I uploaded a Plimsoul profile done through a clean Blues Junior and whether we like it or not, it sounded exactly like the sustaining tone of the Plimsoul even though Mike Fuller might disagree. What a great pedal. Adding an interesting story, about ten years ago I spoke with Paul Rivera and asked him for advice on tube amp design. I am an electrical engineer with an auto company and wanted to learn and build tube amps. He ended up asking me more questions about my company and about manufacturing etc.. One thing I won't forget is his message. Forget about tubes and learn about amplifier profiling and modeling. Go back to school or whatever, but that is the future . . . . . . . He sure was correct but at that time Chris was probably all over it.

For those that like a Hall Reverb, what are some of your favorite settings. I've always liked my Lexicon MPX-1 "Rich Hall" reverb setting. It has the following parameters: Rvb Size 65.5M; Rvb Diff 80%; Rvb P Dly 27ms; Rvb Decay 1.90s; Rvb Rt HC 13.2K; EQ Gain1 +3; EQ Fc 1 3050; EQ Q 1 0.4; EQ Gain2 -24; EQ Fc2 13300

I'm not to sure how to translate that into the Kemper parameters, or if it's even possible? Perhaps some of you have some ideas or can share some your favorite settings. What I like about the Lexicon is the lush, beautiful sounding trails that sound very thick if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

It is great for jazz. I like many profiles and as others have suggested Fender amps always were one of my favorites for jazz. I just bought a single profile of a Vintage Blackface Twin and it is my latest favorite with my Benedetto Benny guitar. I would love to get a pair of really small FRFR speakers for use with it, like something with 10 inch or maybe even 8 inch speakers for portability for jazz gigs. In stereo it sounds great if you like a more modern sound with some delay, verb and/or chorus.

Armin, do you have a schematic of what you did? I have the same guitar and I'd be interested in doing the same. Sonically how different and what improvements do you see?

I like CK's response on a different posting. Beyond the sound, versatility, simplicity and easy to carry/set-up factors he made some great points about repeatability:

"if you take a profile in a Studio with plenty of time, or if you carefully choose your profiles at home from all the professional content, and you adapt them to your playing, you evolve a superior situation, that is a 100% reproducable in every live situation. When you play your dedicated profiles along your favourite recording and it mixes well, your sound will be great in a live venue, since the recording should sound great too, played through the same PA.

Do you have a keyboarder in your band? Keyboarders have never worried too much about their live sound, cause they know their keyboards sound good through a good PA. If it doesn't sound good, then the PA has a problem, that affects the whole band. Your guitar sound could be such a reference sound as well.

Many profiles are taken with more than one microphone - a technique that is rarely used in live venues, when you are not a superstar.

You don't rely on the microphones and critical cables of the PA company. The microphone position will not vary from gig to gig. The crucial equalizing for compensating a mediocre microphone position is obsolete.

The sound is transferred by XLR cables at studio level. No stage DI boxes are required. Show the PA technician the ground lift switches. The Profiler is resistant against incoming phantom power from the mixer.

When you deliver a sound that was perfect in the rehearsals, he front mixer might not even touch the EQ of your channel and immediately proceed to the voice sound, for example.

etc."

Simply a great product.