Posts by Delinquent

Wow, all very complicated stuff. :)

I have an easy method.
    Go to any Till's Profile, turn on some Delay already in the Profile/Rig...done, awesome lead tone. :D

Play a backing track through your studio monitors and play some lead with it, now adjust your delay settings until the lead sits nicely in the mix.
    Try some of the Delay presets (press Delay button then use Browse knob)...when you find a preset that works well take note of the settings and how the delay was created...if you tweak it then save your new settings as a new Preset.

Even easier! Find Bill Ruperts Holdsworth rig and just change the amp. Instant hi gain leads. Experiment with Tills cabs for fun. :D

The mission pedals with a toe switch require two trs cables to plug into the two KPA inputs . They operate independently. You assign the pedal 1 to wah or volume and pedal 2 to switch on/off any of the effects slots, cycle through rigs or a couple of other duties I can't recall now. It works well but unfortunately you can't plug in another expression pedal to control volume :(

You may want to consider a used Behringer FCB 1010 instead of the mission pedal for more control options around the same price.

I'm not sure why you'd want to put the KPA in the loop? You're going to get some changes to your tone going through the Line 6, and I don't think they will be good changes.

Yeah it was a throw away comment to bait opinions :P

But having said that -

I've been a long time fan of the Dl4 and the M13( an absolute classic IMO )which I still use today. There is some colouring but IMO not that bad and even has some charm to it.

Line 6 often gets criticised as a consumer product, but add amp farm and the original red bean to the above and there are not a lot of commercial recordings or stage acts that haven't been touched with one of there products in the last 15 years.

I believe you will need two pedals if you are connecting them via the Kemper unit inputs rather then a midi board.

The pedals can be configured in the system menu on page 4, one for wah which includes wah pitch effects and the other for volume.

Volume can also be assigned in the rig menu page 3 to various points in the signal change and locked if desired.

Hope this helps.

Unless you want to do critical mixing in a properly treated room as well I would not worry to much. How large is your room? And how loud can you go? A small space up against a wall? Eight inch probably overkill, Hallans suggestion of the Krk Vxt4 would probably suffice. Then again if you want to pump sub bass through it as well it may not. My budget tip for just guitar would be a pair of used krk rockits, but don't tell anyone I said it, a lot of opinions based on forum guru's whose needs are probably different to yours.

In the master section EQ pages for main and monitor outputs:

assign a 100Hz low cut switch to one of the buttons in the soft row
    assign a 5kHz high cut switch to another button in the soft row

For some reason a lot of profiles seem to have a lot of low end below 100 Hz and too much high end above 5kHz, even though guitar speakers in general DO NOT reproduce those frequencies well. No idea if it's the profiling process or additional EQ applied at preamps at the time of profiling but it really gets in the way of the experience of enjoying my KPA.

I agree with you Deny, just prefer to adjust the cab hi and lo shift, quick and easy, really small adjustments, do it with your eyes closed dont worry about the science :D

Like a hi and low cut shelve filter I suppose.