Posts by JeffTD

Just finished this reamp/mix/master for a sick band from Quebec called Sever The Voices. 100% KPA; 5150 profiles on rhythm Gtrs, Fender Twin Deluxe on cleans, JCM800 for leads, Krank + Ampeg + Sansamp for bass. All reamped via SPDIF, absolutely love this box.

YT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7p3NzD_N1Y

Soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/jtdunne/reamp-m-ma-sever-the-voices

Band on FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages…00816523309882?group_id=0

Again - what do you want clarified? I said that I find the unit incredibly intuitive and easy to use. If you disagree, then tell me what you find difficult about it and I'll provide what help I can.

If you give a generic complaint then I'm going to give a generic answer.

Ah sorry guys, been a long, long past 6 weeks and I just haven't had time to do any clips since November started. Been lagging on clips for Armin, too, actually... I suck in general. The only guitar I've got with me right now and until Jan 7th is a Telecaster, so the metal clips will have to wait until then!

So the analog OD808 removes LESS low end in your point of view.
    Do you run your OD808 with Tone set to minimum?

I have posted a reply to the other thread.

Still we are interested in settings that you cannot replicate. Nobody has answered to this question yet.

Yes, it removes less low end. No, I do not run it with the tone set to minimum; I have the tone knob set at 10:30 almost exclusively.

I can't give you settings because I don't use any of the stock profiles, sorry.

As you can see here:

internal tube screamer sound awful

... we came to the conclusion that our Green Scream stomp is absolutely close to the DO808.

Sorry CK, but the two clips Don posted in that thread sound worlds apart. The Green Scream stomp is absolutely NOT anywhere near close to the OD808; it's more harsh, dry, and removes far more low end from the guitar than the OD808 which sounds big, smooth, and 'open' in comparison (and this is clearly audible in Don's clips).

Don, those clips sound hugely difference just on my built-in iMac speaker, let alone monitors and headphones. I can hear how much bigger the low end is on the OD808 and how the GS is a bit more harsh/dry in comparison.

Sorry, I fundamentally disagree. I have the OD808 and use it over the Green Scream in my profiles because I can hear a big difference. Are you using it to boost a clean amp into slight overdrive or to tighten up an already high-gain amp? When used infront of a high-gain amp there is quite a large difference, enough to not use the GS and to deal with extra cables/pedals/power supplies.

The Kemper has tons of gain available if the goal is to boost gain or the ability to place a parametric EQ before the amp if the goal is to shape the tonal response which allows far grater control than a TS would allow. Honestly, the this clip sounds as I would expect, a bit more "aggressive" than the real deal but not night and day IMHO...

You're just not fully understanding what the use of the TS infront of a high-gain amp is. It's not for extra gain and is only mildly for EQ changes. Throwing a TS with low-gain settings infront of a high-gain amp lets you lower the amp gain while retaining the same amount of saturation, which cleans up the sound. The TS also lends a low cut, mid boost, and treble smoothing effect to the sound while simultaneously bringing out the pick attack in a very specific way. The end effect is that the amp is tighter, cleaner, smoother, and more suited for a modern metal context than an unboosted amp would be, generally speaking.

The Green Scream is just too exaggerated, high-mid focused, and grainy to do this as well as we could with something like a Maxon OD808, OD820, or even MXR GT-OD, Keeley TS, etc. I've used a TS808 reissue in real life with good results but can't mimic the results with the Green Scream.

The KPA is one of the most intuitive and easy-to-use pieces of equipment I've ever used, especially in the modeling realm. The manual explains everything perfectly and is very concise. What more do you want? Tutorials on how to mic amps effectively?