Posts by Gizmo

[I think it's in Calgary.
    Mine went back for LED problem and he turned it around in a couple of days. (not including shipping from/to Ottawa)
    Great service.

quote='caveman1','index.php?page=Thread&postID=134863#post134863']

It depends where you are located.
    If you are in the US or Canada for example there are two dedicated certified service centers.
    In europe the repairs are handled by the german service center.
    You can find out if there is a certified service center in your country on our website when you go to the Buy page.

In any case contact your dealer first. They are the ones that have the logistics to send the Profiler in for repair.
    Normal repair times are 5 working days plus the days it takes to ship the unit to the service center and back to the dealer.

Where is the service centre in canada located?
    I'm considering picking up a 2nd just as a backup spare[/quote]

My clean sense setting is 0 (off)....

... but the clean rigs sound now louder then the distorted ones - was the opposite way before.

I did not do any measurement since I am in the middle of a large profiling session. - just wonder if it's just me.

Hmm, isn't -12dB equivalent to the old scale 0 and 0dB is equivalent to old scale 5?

I thought old scale 0 was "off" , which would be -12dB now?

Ha…I thought I understood this ;)

I have just had my KPA in the shop for a defective LED. It required shipping right across the country.

I have to say that I am BLOWN AWAY with the customer support I have received over here in Canada.
    Matthew Skaggs, General Manager of Kemper Americas has been impeccable in his communications with me. He has gone out of his way to help at every step.

I must say I was worried about letting it go as I use it for giigging, but John Leimseider, the tech who fixed my baby here in Canada turned it around in 2 days…wow.

If these two gentlemen are anything to go by, Kemper Amps has a world class team.

Thanks guys.

Have you tried using Clean Sense to compensate? If you can successfully use Clean Sense to get the correct volume balance when toggling the stomps on/off, does that Clean Sense setting work well on other rigs where you are changing the amount of distortion?

Hey meambobbo, the situation does seem to improve very slightly if I turn up clean sense, but by then my input is overloading a lot and so is the output on all my rigs.
    Clean sense on my guitars that I use in the KPA ranges from about -5 to -3. Distortion sense just under 0dB

Trouble is with using ears, they get fatigued eventually and you can't believe them!!!

I should have added that I am using 2.2.1 release

Hi Christoph.

To test this, I set the compressor stomp in slot A so that everything is at zero or (100% where necessary).
    There is a Clean Boost in slot B that is NOT enabled)

If the Compressor is the only stomp that is enabled, I can switch it on and off with no change in the tone or volume. (EXPECTED RESULT)

When the Compressor is OFF, the volume increases normally when I activate the Green Scream in Slot C. (it is set to gain = 2 and vol = +1.5) (EXPECTED RESULT)

If I then switch the Compressor ON, the volume actually goes down.. (Compressor and Green Scream are the only two slots active) (UNEXPECTED RESULT)

This is just an example of the headaches I am having with this simple fx chain. I am not able to reasonably predict what my overall volume will be with different combinations of these three, in some cases it is excessive volume increases, in others the volume goes down.

I have set my input sense for 4 different guitars and it happens with all 4 of them.
    I have tried a few different rigs with different gain and it happens with them. (rigs are purchased)

Thanks for your insight.

3. Like "Tilt," "BL" is optimized for just one listener. In this case, however, the choice is forced: there is no way to optimize the response for mutiple listeners, and that optimization is an imperfect one even for a single listener, for all the reasons stated above. If you place a CLR on the floor, select this preset, and stand approximately six feet away from the speaker, the overall response will be balanced. There is no way to optimize any speaker to a greater degree than this when it is to be used in this manner.

I was not sure what "BL" meant and I asked Tom King during a conversation.

He told me it stood for "Back Line"...

Duh! as palm hits my forehead!

I realize this is an old thread, but just wondering if anyone has any further info…I'm having exactly the same problem and it's driving me nuts.
    I'm considering dropping the compressor completely as I can not get it to play nice in a simple compressor --> solo boost --> Green Scream fx chain and I've been trying for weeks.

Yup, sounds easy….until I forget, or there is no guitar connected.

If my SPDIF out is set to zero, I should NEVER hear anything through SPDIF, or if I startup in TUNER mode I should not either.

I can't hear anything through the main or monitor out…why SPDIF?

Think of it as powering a tube amp with the standby on. You don't want to hear anything until you are ready to.

I can play the guitar during startup - it's the mysterious "startup profile" that has been discussed on the forum several times. This works only via the S/PDIF input. I don't understand, however, what the problem can be in a studio environment. Turn the volume pot of the guitar down during startup - case solved?

When I turn on the KPA into tuner mode, it makes sense to me that all output should be muted. While the main and monitor outputs are muted, the SPDIF is not (on my KPA at least)

Even if my SPDIF output level is set to zero, I get an output signal while the KPA is booting up until the tuner appears, then it mutes.

This can create some serious unwanted noise in a studio environment where the KPA is master and the SPDIF is used to monitor/record.

Or perhaps there is a reason why this can't be done?

Thanks for a great product!

My practice room is 12ft X 10ft
    I play in there with a loud drummer, bass player, loud vocalist and sometimes a sax and the KPA/CLR combo works just great….in fact better than my tube amps.

One thing I've started to do that helps me in this process is to record a loop into something like a JamMan and use that for the input to the KPA, in that way I can cycle through rigs, cabs etc without having to keep playing the guitar.

Assuming that the KPA can't query the pedalboard for its pedal position, I think a possible fix the developers could implement is to default the wah to OFF if the pedalboard hasn't sent the KPA the actual pedal position. This would work regardless of whether or not a pedalboard is connected to the KPA.

This is how I thought it would have been implemented. Clearly if there is no pedal attached then unless the wah is set to manual, it is not going to be used and should be turned off.

I tried an experiment and plugged a pedal into a socket set for wah. I set the wah at full toe and checked that it had turned off.
    I then powered down the KPA and powered up again. My wah was now on again and sounded like it was set at full heel, which I assume is zero.

So the default position does look like it is zero and not off.

I think this should be changed as not all users will set the wah to "bypass @ stop"