Posts by Gizmo

Logically, I think you are correct Brian.

But shouldn't it default to off if there is no pedal connected. There is no reason for it to default to on as you can manually set it if you need it for a filter.
    I'm pretty sure that I didn't have this problem several systems ago but I cannot be sure and cannot get it to work now.

Seems to me that I should be able to use it without a pedal or midi controller attached without having to manually disable all my wah fx.

Yes Ingolf, I'm scratching my head too!!

Gizmo

I may be misunderstanding your description of what's happening but it sounds like the wah is operating as designed. If you choose "bypass at toe" the wah will be active unless there is a pedal connected and that pedal is in the toe position. I think that when the FCB1010 is not connected there's no way for the KPA to know that the pedal is in the toe position.

Brian

Every time I turn on my KPA and select a rig with a Wah, I have to reset the Wah, because it is as if the pedal is in the mid position.

If my FCB 1010 is connected, this is easy, I just cycle the Wah pedal once and it seems to reset every rig ok,

But if my FCB1010 is NOT connected then every rig I select that has a Wah, is as if the Wah is already engaged and I have to disable it.

I thought I used a preset for my wahs but maybe I messed them up.

My basic Wah parameters are

Pedal Mode : Bypass at toe
    Pedal Range: 20%
    Peak Range: 52%

Is there a particular parameter that I should be adjusting to fix this.

Maybe try setting your Main out to Master Mono so that both your FOH and backline get the same signal. Better still, why not use the Monitor out for your back line.

or it could be my peculiar back-to-front stereo setup (although my 'basic' distorted sound doesn't involve any stereo effects), but it's something that I've noticed during rehearsals as well. My sound is less focused, less "projected" somehow; it has plenty of highs and lows but seems to lack "body".

Given the huge complexity of this device and the continual enhancements being made, I personally think the Kemper team is doing a GREAT job of testing. Although I did have this problem (only once so far) I think they have listened to the community and responded extremely well to issues….which I think in many cases are often our own. I still have many questions unanswered, but I honestly believe they will be at some point.
    I agree about the "bug" forum/list though…it would be good to avoid the many duplicate posts.

I had a similar problem though not at a gig. I've had my Kemper about 10 days now, after 3 days I left it on for a long period and had been loading profiles into it and backing up etc, I plugged in and no sound! Flicking through the profiles I found a few at the start (renamed with numbers prefixing them) that worked, but no others would. I rebooted and the problem went away, but sure made me feel a bit suss about using it at a gig.

Just found another bug in the performance mode, makes you wonder who's testing this software before release...do they have a beta team here? There should at least be a bug forum so you can check if it's a known bug before you report it.

I'm running 2.1.1 beta

Anyone got any insight?

1. I've set my master vol and monitor vol both to max (0dB). Why does the display show (0.0dB) (-4.3dB) when I adjust either the main or monitor volumes. What is the -4.3 for? Nothing I do can make this -4.3 go away or change. I thought it was supposed to show the setting from the saved OUTPUTsetting but I've tried a couple of different saves and it doesn't change.

2. My SPDIF volume is set to zero (-infinity). When the KPA is starting up with the chicken knob set to TUNER, why can I hear the amp sound through SPDIF. It stops once the KPA has finally booted up. This can be quite bad if something loud is connected to it. Shouldn't output be disabled anyway when set to TUNER, especially when the KPA is starting and DEFINITELY for an output that is set to zero.

Nope, no power conditioner. I expect the KPA to work under the same circumstances that I would use an amp or any gear. The fact that it was only once (the startup problem is s/w I believe) makes me think the power was not THAT bad. No one else (or the PA) had any problems and there was some other digital gear there too.

quote='tlkshowhst','index.php?page=Thread&postID=112786#post112786']Gizmo, are you using a power conditioner of some kind? I'm pretty sure the Kemper will not work properly is the power is inefficient or unstable. I've had similar issues, but those stopped when I plugged the Kemper into my Furman.[/quote]

That would be cool. It seems that a lot of info is quite spread around. A lot of work to keep the manuals up to date and complete without making them too complicated!

Sometimes the way the KPA behaves too is a bit misleading. For example, go into a performance then select the OUTPUT settings. If you now hit SAVE from the OUTPUT menu, the KPA puts you into Performance save mode, not OUTPUT save mode…..confusing (to me at least) and made me think that it was saving the OUTPUT setting into the performance.

Maybe it's easier to clarify what parameter is *NOT* saved in a performance bank...?
    Looking at the manuals and other forum threads, it seems they are not much...

I'm trying to figure out a way to display on paper the main paramenters in a "patch sheet", in a different form than a raw parameter table...
    So understanding correctly what is stored where is quite important to me...
    But I keep reading, understanding then forgetting those KPA manuals ... :)

Maybe it's easier to clarify what parameter is *NOT* saved in a performance bank...?
    Looking at the manuals and other forum threads, it seems they are not much...

I'm trying to figure out a way to display on paper the main paramenters in a "patch sheet", in a different form than a raw parameter table...
    So understanding correctly what is stored where is quite important to me...
    But I keep reading, understanding then forgetting those KPA manuals ... :)

I'd definitely vote for that, but I'm sure there are bigger priorities.

Sounds like a feature request to me. Store Input settings (i. e. Clean and distortion sense, noise gate) and Output settings (output source, Main and monitor EQ, space) within a performance. Keep the setting in the input/output settings available in Browse Mode. This would be cool to have for using performances in recording/reamping setups. Will post a new request.

OK, now I'm confused again. (easily done these days)

If I have a performance with 5 used slots, and I want to use that performance (or a copy of it) with two different guitars, each requiring different input sense and output eq settings, then I have to go to both the input menu and output menu in order to make that guitar work with that performance?

So there is no way to make a duplicate performance and edit it to work with a different guitar so I don't have to make multiple system changes first? ( I guess I could eq every slot, but then I would lose that slot for anything else)

OK, thanks Ingolf, I guess then I would have change both the input sense and the output eq every time I change guitar, or maybe edit each slot to have a different eq setting.

What was confusing me is that system looked like it was saving the output eq changes to the performance as it didn't give me the option to rename output setting.

Output EQ is saved separately in the output/master menu.
    A performance saves all the amps and FX settings in all the slots of a performance.

I typically gig with two or three guitars and use them interchangeably on most songs. Usually one is single coils and another has humbuckers.

Consequently I've been trying to duplicate some of my performances, but just with different input sense and different output EQ.

If I got to the output eq setting and change it, then hit save, the KPA saves the whole performance, making me think that it has saved the setting just for that performance.

If however I now go to another performance, the output eq is the same as the one I just saved, not the original one.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but am I missing something? Is it possible to set input sense and output eq differently for each performance?

At first I thought this was strange, but now it makes perfect sense to me and a great way to accommodate two different operating modes.

While changing slots within one performance it makes a difference, if you are loading slots manually (using the rig navigation cross) or via MIDI.

Hmm, just thinking out loud…
    i wonder if its possible to use a simple foot switch with a couple of resistors to set the volume and plug it into one of the pedal sockets on the Kemper set to "volume"
    Not sure if this would over-ride the vol pedal on the FCB but I'm going to give that a try.