Problems not with the KPA, but with my drums

• Hi guys, i do not know where to post this, so it landed here ...

I do compose songs and still the KPA is such a wonderful tool for that. no wasting time with miking.
    I have spent a decent amount of money in MIDI files from toontrack for my EZdrummer and Superior.
    And they are way over the top! way over the top. What i need is a straight rock drummer with the snare only on the 2 and 4.
    So a drummer before even Bon Jovi began this snare madness with keep the faith. :D
    But still with a good rock feeling, but not as metronomic as Simon Kirke (i LOVE simon, anyway), with interesting breaks.
    So what i need is Jason Bonham! Unfortunately, nothing of this drummer is available anywhere, with the one exception of the title song of the first album of BCC
    which is a little too upbeat for most of my songs.

I can convert any tab, or pro tab that includes drumming to MIDI. I can import any MIDI file. i would even buy ANY thing that is good but not from toonies again.
    I would appreciate any help or hint or link, i know that some of you are working in studios, but i do not know where to look now.

Thaaanks

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Know that point well too! Sometimes there´s need for "well hated" midi file clicking .......... really hate that. Been looking too for good and simple midi files (also using EZ and SD) , hopefully toontrack will bring out some AC/DC midi file pack to cover all these needs!

• Buy Jamstix and you're covered.
    I have been using it since 2003.
    It's not midi based but rule based, which means that a certain drummer model hits a certain drum with a certain probability.
    Drummer Model? Yes, you read that right. Jamstix incorporates the personalities of certain iconic drummers and this in an absolutely fascinating way.
    For the price it's a real bargain, too!
    Forget about programming drums and start jamming!

Read it up here: http://www.rayzoon.com

• Thanks, Ingolf, for the hint. Because the sounds themselves of EZ and SD are very good, i still would prefer a MIDI solution.
    And buying this program which sounds amazing provides me with what? more sounds which i do not need and i have to buy the drummers extra,
    then the search begins again ..., which drummer suits my style best, etcetera and so on. Do i misunderstand sth?
    I still have to check it more deeply, but i am on my way to the nightshift.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Geraldo, though Jamstix comes with a very good sound library itself you can of course use your Superior drummer sounds just fine.
    Jamstix itself is about CREATION of drum performances.
    What you get is all those amazing drummer models that bring their own personality but are still tweakable and tameable. :)
    A midi solution is lame and static IMO. Jamstix creates grooves on the fly with variations in different bars you would otherwise need lots of time to program by hand.

Kreisi: The new DRUMMER in logic X is amazing btw. but clearly a rip off of Jamstix with way less options than Jamstix. The only downside ATM is that Jamstix is Windows only but Ralph Zeuner, mastermind behind Jamstix, confirmed yesterday that a Mac Beta will be out within a few weeks and I will gladly be betatesting this.

• Good to know, Ingolf!
    Maybe you can write a little review than? Would be much appreciated! (As all of your reviews...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will do!

I've been using Macs since 2008 or 2009 and Jamstix is the ONLY reason I have a bootcamp partition with win 7 on my system.

• Beats like Bonham... the loop loft :)
    http:// www. thelooploft.com/collections/six-spooky-deals/products/beats-like-bonham-bundle-wav-rex2-aiff-stylus-rmx?utm_source=Sample+Pack+Sign+Up&utm_campaign=4f0faadea2-Six_Spooky_Deals11_03_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_406f0c9f74-4f0faadea2-389493761

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• o là là, this was a hell of an input guys, thank you very much indeed!
    if i quote every single one of you, this post would fill 2 pages.

Ingolf, this software sounds very tempting and i could use the good sounds of EZ and SD drums. must check out the demo.
    nakedzen: c'mon. as a bass player in various bands, in addition to my guitar playing, and as a casual reader of drum magazines, i do have my
    qualities as a rhythm aficianado, but a good groove in 5 klicks??? ?( it is not that easy. bass on 1+3 and snare on 2+4, plus hihat in 8th, okay, but that is boring.
    the thing is that the grooves that i bought are very alive and good but overplayed in a way that is not easy to tame. that is my sharpest critique. it is not the fills, it is
    the constant overplaying and the "humanization" that drives me mad.
    @the others thanks for all the input. the idea with AC/DC prooved unfortunately barking up the wrong tree. i checked some grooves, they are available via guitar pro and converting
    to MIDI. for my kind of groove oriented rock they are too simple. what i need is a real drummer! playing MIDI drums and saving his files. this is exactly what this swedish guy
    has done. unfortunately he plays in a frenzy like mitch mitchell in the 70ies, more breaks than beats.
    londonjeepster. i have a LOT of extensions and - ofcourse - the wonderful sounding nashville. i have to re-check this again and i think some of the grooves are good, but still

i was not so happy with them. maybe my wrong.

conclusion: i will check jamstix, but still look for good midi drum-files. if you could hint me to a couple of songs that were well played that would be awesome. just throw 'em in and i'll
    check the beat. i have two midis, one of disturbed and one of the underrated genius band TOOL which are excellent, but just not the style i play very often.

cheers

• nakedzen: c'mon. as a bass player in various bands, in addition to my guitar playing, and as a casual reader of drum magazines, i do have my
    qualities as a rhythm aficianado, but a good groove in 5 klicks??? ?( [size=12]it is not that easy. bass on 1+3 and snare on 2+4, plus hihat in 8th, okay, but that is boring.
    the thing is that the grooves that i bought are very alive and good but overplayed in a way that is not easy to tame. that is my sharpest critique. it is not the fills, it is
    the constant overplaying and the "humanization" that drives me mad.

Just trying to be helpful dude... And I didn't write 5 clicks, but 5 seconds, to imply it's not that time consuming to do it yourself. But if you only have small gripes with the loops you have why not just fix those issues by editing the loops in piano roll or whatever method you might prefer?

• Hey Geraldo, have you given a look at EZPlayer Pro? Not sure it will help but it interacts with EZDrummer at a native level.

Also, Drumtracker turns audio drums into MIDI.

Last, check your PM box :)