Posts by Tilman

Was hoping for a lower price too. I'm now going to go with a Matrix GT800FX.

Sorry guys for not meeting your price expectations right now. I think once we will move the assembly of the Camplifiers to Vietnam (Chinas labor cost is getting too high for us western companies and customers obviously) we can do it ^^ .
    Just kidding... :) .

On the other hand, if you are looking for an inexpensive way to amplify your KPA, why would you spend this much money for a standard 19" Mosfet amplifier ? The data of your chosen model says it is as much a Mosfet amplifier as it can be.
    What I want to say is that you can get such amplifier technology at almost every corner for less than half price.

Don´t get me wrong! This IS a good amplifier and it IS useful for amplifying your KPA, but with a damping factor of >400 , a flat frequency response and those distortion figures - it is a Mosfet amp with a switch mode power supply. Nothing more and nothing less and you certainly can get such amp for less bucks , if this is what you are looking for.

:)

Tilman

You going to offer multiple versions with for different countries with differing power plugs and operating voltages? Price?

Hi,

the Camplifier can be set to a wall voltage of 120V/50-60Hz internally. So you can order a Camplifier for the voltage 120V or 230V.
    You can not switch the Camplifier internally by yourself at the moment.

As for the mains socket : It could be done to install a different socket but personally I think it is easier just to use the standard socket and use an adapter cable to plug into the mains socket standard of your country.
    This adapter cable can be ordered from us together with the Camplifier.

Tilman

Yeah, what Gitarrenschlumpf said is true.

also, if the KPA would be fed be the Camplifier - you would still have to carry two cables. One from the mains to the Camplifier and another one from the Camplifier to the KPA.
    The Y-cable is a good idea though since even when you forget the Y-cable - you can always find two standard mains cables to feed the KPA and the Camplifier.
    We might add the Y-cable to the options list ;) !

Tilman

Hi Jipchen,

the Camper is a powered 12" speaker cabinet. The cabinet is quite small, lightweigth and includes a linear driver (the 12" speaker) and an 180W power amplifier.
    This is what the Camper is.
    There will be other linear speaker cabinets (unpowered and powered up to 320W) available in the future (such as 2x12").

The retrofittable power amplifier is another story. The prototype is running already. This is a module (Camplifier) that can be inserted into the back of the KPA. I guess this is what you are looking for. There will be 3 versions available:

1x180W@ eight ohm
    2x180W@ eight ohm
    2x90W@ four ohm

These are all RMS values with <1% distortion.

Please see here:

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…page=Thread&threadID=6629

Tilman