Posts by Tilman

Andrea Ambrosi Himself is coming to my place from the East coast to install and measure the prototype on the field and compare it with the CLR

Interesting project !

One thing I do not understand :

Why compare it with a CLR ?
    I thought a small power amp like that is supposed to drive a traditional cab ?
    Even if it drives a FRFR cabinet , that FRFR cab will have some sort of crossover network in it.
    You could compare your amp with another pure power amp (say a Matrix or even a Camplifier) on that FRFR cab, but comparing it to an active CLR is like comparing a Cesna to a Boing 747.
    The active CLR has active crossover networks inside and uses bi-amping (one amp for the mid, one for the tweeter).

Do I miss something ?
    To me that comparison makes no sense at all....

Good luck!
    Tilman

Hi,

no typo.

Yeah, consumers are so used to Chinese prices now.
    Things might change when nobody is doing any productive work in Europe / USA anymore.
    It will be interesting to see if we can then afford to even buy the cheapo stuff any longer....

Tilman

Hi Folks,

I do not know if this is of any interest anymore, but I kind of promised to look into a "Camplifier ECO" and see what we can do.

The bottom line is : We could do a 105W@8ohms ; 50W@16ohms and (if anyone wants that : 45W@4ohms) unit.

The lowest price (which would hardly make any sense for me but I could still live with) would be 287,- Euro inside the EU and 241,- ROW.

I think this is still too expensive for you guys (since you spend all your money for your KPA already ;) )

If anyone purchases 1000 units and I can have it made in China, prices might get lower though......

Greetings from Dresden / Germany !
    Tilman

The 5% tax doesn't apply to imports. However, there is a separate import fee (called "duty" in English), which is set based on the value of the item and what it is (computer, TV, furniture, clothes, etc). The government's website is telling me it could be anywhere from $30 to $70 depending on what category they put a Camplifier in.

Oh...I see.
    Maybe things will change soon, since the EU and Canada are negotiating the CETA agreement right now. 8)
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/C…nomic_and_Trade_Agreement

Tilman

But I calculated that it would cost me around $675.00 CAD at the end for a Camplifier 290.

I am not a Canadian tax system expert, but I would like to point out that users outside of Europe do NOT have to pay the German VAT.

The Camplifier 290 costs 449,- incl. 19% VAT.
    A Canadian would pay about 377,- Euro only.
    Shipping to Canada is 36,- Euro.

Total : 413,- Euro.

VAT in Canada is 5% (that is what the Internet says...) and this may have to be paid when goods are imported.

The Camplifier 290 would be 434,- then.

This would correspond to 614,- CAD using today's exchange rate.

To find out the prices for the Camplifiers outside Europe you need to create a customer account here:
    http://www.shop.ritteramps.de/index.php

or you just have to divide all prices in the shop with 1,19.

449/1,19 = 377,31

Best,
    Tilman

I think the best solution for you is the Magnum.
    If you worry about the extra power supply and stuff...just put it into a small aluminium photo camera case , drill some holes for the cables and sockets and you are good to go.

You can carry this small box to other venues and if you take your cabinet to the gig, you might be able to transport it even inside the cabinet.

Bilora 548 Luxus Alu-Koffer Digital B I

Total cost would still be bellow 200,- .

Hi,

that is a neat looking cab you got there.

If I were you, I would install a small power amp INTO the cabinet and make it active.
    I am sure there is a metal back plate at the back side of the cab. A tech could install a power socket and a switch.
    The switch would switch the signal from the Input 1/4" socket to be either a line signal - going to the am or a speaker signal - going to the speakers.
    If you install a second 1/4" you could even skip the switch.
    You would have an active and a passive input.

You could even install the Magnum including its power supply into the cabinet.

If you know a tech, you might get away with less than 200,- for the whole project.

Tilman

Hi,

thanks guys for the kinds words about the Camplifier ! :rolleyes:

However, it has not been my intent get kind words (this time ;) ).

My intent was this :

People are buying the Magnum, or second hand CRATE power blocks or the ISP stealth power amp for their KPAs.
    This is sad for me, as the Camplifier guy, but it is understandable ; especially for non European users.

My idea was to offer a really bare bone power amp that is just - a power amp.
    Small box + cable + two jacks for the speaker and input.

I wanted to know what the requirements for such a unit would be.
    I guess it will be :

- small
    - affordable
    - no extra power supplies
    - at least 100W

We could design such an amp-box and if we find some interest in it, it could cost less than a Camplifier.

Tilman

Hi,

I find this topic very interesting.

Would you mind if I ask one or two questions - just to understand the minds of other KPA (AXE) users better ?

You seem to be willing to pay 149,- Euro for a 44W amp with a large power supply and some hassle to carry and to set up.
    You seem to be on the edge of buying a used 150W amp which is small and technically much more complete (most of the features you might never use).

If you were to tell us your (realistic - not "oh, I want a 1000W amp for 25,- Euro") optimal offer , what would it be ?

For example :

A small power amp with 100W with no features :

- just an amp with a power cable connected to it (no external power supply)
    - two 1/4" jacks (signal + speaker)
    - no volume control
    - no power switch

for 150,- Euro.

Would that be something of interest to you ?

Tilman

Hi Guenther,

it is very interesting to know that you think 180W could be to weak in some situations ; playing a 15W amp yourself.

Your 100W Marshall Superbass is a very loud amp. True.
    It will produce a bit higher sound pressure level than a 100W transistor amp because it does not control the speakers as much (damping factor) and let them do their thing.
    It will produce a significantly higher distortion that may be still perceived as "clean", but it actually is not. Humans will perceive distorted sound as being louder , compared to sound with less distortion.

Fourth grade physics students will tell you that a watt is a watt. No matter where it comes from.

We have customers playing the bass guitar in stadium punk rock bands with a Camplifier 180.
    Many customers playing death, grind, speed, ultra...whatever Metal with the Camplifier 180.

Some of them can be found here :
    http://ritteramps.de/unsere-kunden/

The band, in which Kydas (above) plays in, call their music "swiss metalcore ".
    He further states : "I think that I've never went over 50% of it's power (on a 2x12, Celestion V30 cab)"

With the Celestion being very efficient speakers in terms of dB/W/M (over 100 I think).

I also doubt very much that your Marshall will "destroy" a 600W power head.
    A little hype, religion and a little bashing is cool, but a minimum of respect for the laws of nature should still be obtained - in my opinion.

Best,
    Tilman

Hi,

no, no !!!

This will NOT affect the other products at all.

On the contrary !
    Marco and I just finished the development of a ground breaking product inside the CAMPER XXX product range.

I am sure you will like this A LOT.
    It will enable you to have a great sounding, neat looking and flexible GRFR + FRFR solution.

It will be VERY affordable too.
    We might call it the "Volks-Camper". :D (I did not confirm that with Marco though....) :whistling:

Stay tuned for it !!

Regarding the Camplifier : I might take that decision back.

Yeah, I know some might think this is strange....and it is, but I had several people complaining about the announcement.
    They say they have bought the un-powered toaster knowing, that there is an upgrade available for it, once they might decide to use their KPA in rehearsals or live.
    Now they feel kind of shot in the back...by me.
    I understand that and to be honest, I did not think about this problem before I made the announcement.

Long story short : The Camplifiers will stay around much longer.

The Camplifier is dead. Long live the Camplifier ! :)

Tilman

I always found the Camplifiers exceptional value for the money!

Thank you Ingolf!

I still think so too and like to point out again, that there are still some units available.

They will still be sold with the full 24 months warranty and I intent to run the company much longer than that, in case support is needed in the future.

Tilman

Sorry to hear the business was not as satisfactory as it might have deserved :/

I don`t want to phrase it that way.
    There are many, many happy KPA toaster owners who have upgraded their unit with our Camplifiers world wide.

I am very grateful for that.

Since Kemper introduced the power head and many players switch over to the rack unit (I could not have imagined a return of the rack....ever :rolleyes: ), the demand has kind of faded and it does not make sense to order parts in larger batches anymore.
    I found it very surprising that people do not want to make use of the stereo capabilities of the Kemper though.
    It might be that the guitar has been a mono instrument for a long time and guitarist tent to be a bit conservative....to say the least ;) .

About the special price : I might come up with a package deal later, but I am quite confident the last units will find a new home soon without such a discount offer.

Tilman

Hi KPA Toaster user !

Our add on power modules for the KPA toaster will go out of production and they probably will not come back any time soon.

We still have parts left in stock for :

- two (2) units Camplifier 180 without volume pot
    - two (2) units Camplifer 290
    - four (4) units Camplifer 360

If you are interested in upgrading your KPA toaster to become a real power head, you might want to order your unit soon.

This is no marketing trick or something.
    It is just time to move on and focus on other things.

Best regards,

Tilman

Hi,

interesting comparison and very well played / recorded. Thanks !
    The 6505s power amp is far from linear. PEAVEY designed it to be non linear.
    It is almost never the goal to have a linear tube power stage in a guitar amp.
    The 6505 power stage emphasizes high mids and treble a lot and can be dialed to even change the low frequency transfer curve.
    The damping factor is quite high too and this even changes with the settings made on the presence and resonance knobs and switches....and that is even frequency dependent.

Comparing the two amps is interesting, but it is like comparing the sound of a trumped to that of a saxophone.
    It is totally a matter of taste.

If you do not want to color the sound of your KPA, do not use a guitar tube amp even if you are just using the power stage of it.
    This is not to say that you should not use a tube amp.

If YOU like the sound : Anything goes !

Tilman

Hi guys,

sorry for digging this old thread out !

As you might remember, the BlueAmps CX was tested in this shoot out as "very good sounding" but not loud enough, compared to the Atomic or Matrix units.

We fixed this.

The demo model, tested in this shoot out, now has an internal pre-amplifier that can boost the incoming signal up to +15dB.

[Blocked Image: http://www.kpa-solutions.com/CXonsale/CXplate.png]

Now we can deliver every single watt of the 200W that is included in the CX to the CELESTION coaxial speaker.

If this one is not loud enough for you, I don´t know what to say anymore.... 8) .

OK, here is the deal :

The improved demo model with NO scratches or ding dongs whatsoever is on sale now !!

Its list price is 979,- Euro, but now you can get a new,

LOUD and excellent sounding and looking unit for 879,- Euro only !!
    (price includes 19% VAT + shipping cost)

CRAZY !!

You will still keep the full warranty of 24 months !

You can return the unit after 60 days of testing !

In the very unlikely event that the CX is still not loud enough for you....just send it back. We will return your money and shipping cost.

For more information about the CX , please visit this site :
    http://www.kpa-solutions.com/amps/camper-112-cx/

(It does not show the pre-amp / volume pot though).

Here are some pictures of the very unit :

[Blocked Image: http://www.kpa-solutions.com/CXonsale/CXfront.png

[Blocked Image: http://www.kpa-solutions.com/CXonsale/CXback.png

If you are interested in this one time offer , please contact me at : [email protected] .

Remember : First come, first served ! :!:

Thank you and best regards!
    Tilman