Posts by Tilman

Hi guys,

here is the second video which will demonstrate the installation process of the Camper Plus KIT in more detail.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

Tilman

Will the kit be appliable to others cabinets?
    What is the exact speaker model? I'm asking it because I can't understand
    if it is a double cone model ;)

Thank you

It is a twin cone / double cone speaker very similar to this one.

The kit will fit into this particular Palmer box only since the bass reflex panel and the overall cabinets volume is designed to work with that.

There will be another kit available soon which will enable you to transform a widely available cabinet into a 4x12" like FRFR cabinet.

Similar to this one :

[Blocked Image: http://ritteramps.de/212FR.jpg]

Coming soon.....

Very interesting! I'll be watching this closely. Unfortunately something has changed on the Thomann site and they no longer ship that cabinet to the US. :/ Ah well, cross that bridge when we get to it.

Just click on "shipping costs" bellow the price.

Scroll down (to the bottom).

There is a selection menu "Delivery to...".

Select your country (United States, for example).

You will see the flat rate shipping cost then.

I just tried it and it still is the same procedure as shown in the video (starting at 4:27).

What kind of weigh do you think?

Would it be possible to offer a custom Neo speaker kit?

It weights 17,6 kg.

I do not think there will be a Neo speaker option soon.
    For this size of cabinet you will need a certain speaker set of speakers to achieve the linear response we are looking for.
    As far as I know, there is no Neo speaker set on the market which could do that for this cabinet at the moment.

I might be wrong here and we will let Marco make the research for it ;) .

However, the 12" speakers weight is just bellow 4kg and being a 200W speaker, that is really not that heavy I think.
    A Neo speaker would save maybe 2kg which is not that big of a deal.

This looks really promising. I'd like to see the video on how to put the kit together, that would be something.

You will get it soon.

Hi guys,

if you are interested in a very nice sounding FRFR + GRFR speaker cabinet that will be very affordable and good looking : This thread is for you !

We @ KPA-Solutions are going to release a speaker cabinet KIT which will enable you to roll your own cabinet in no time, very soon.

I made this first video to help you understand why we have decided to go this way.

If you do not have the time to watch this video, here is the short summary :

- our custom cabinets are build one by one, unit by unit from scratch
    - this takes time (5 weeks or more) and costs quite a bit
    - speaker cabinets are heavy ; shipping costs are high

With the KIT, we will change all of that.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gLeoS_dKDCU

BTW : How can I embed a video here...???

Sorry for the slow Denglish....:-).

There will be another video that demonstrates some more details of the actual KIT and assembly soon

Have a nice weekend,
    Tilman

The hybrid cabinet is probably what I was waiting for! If the price is right and the cab not too heavy of course!

I am not sure what you mean by "hybrid cabinet" (GFR + FRFR ?) , but I will cut an introductory video this weekend or so.

This video will demonstrate the concept and the overall look of the finished product.

It sits on my workbench right now and all I can say is : It looks great and it sounds even better.

Marco (Gitarrenschlumpf) has done a great job in designing this one again !!

Stay tuned ! :)

I just bought the toaster and woul love to get one of these amps
    Just was wondering on the type its Mono I do not see any details in the specs >
    Is there a Stereo version ?

tks again

Bluesman

This is the mono version and the specifications are listed in my initial posting.

There might be a stereo version of the Camplifier Studio in the future if this is demanded by the tribe ;) .

You can get a stereo, more powerful version 2x90W or even 2x180W here.

I would love to do something for the rack Kemper and I get asked about it many, many times.

The problem is that nobody can install anything into the rack without voiding the warranty of the Kemper unit.

The buyer of the add-on unit would even have to drill holes into the back side of the rack unit to mount input and output sockets.

He also would have to connect main power to the amplifier PCB.

If you do not know what you do : This would be much to dangerous.

Bottom line : No. Sorry.

If Mr. Kemper would have designed a cavity into the rack unit as he did for the Lunchbox - maybe.
    But he did not do that - so no add-on from us.

Any chance of getting it with a speakon / 1/4 combo jack?
    I seem to remember you catching some flack about speakon but I kinda like them... :whistling:

The reason we suggested Speakon speaker outs at the Camplifier was the high power / high current, that would be pushed to the speaker when the Camplifier runs at high volume levels.

Despite our suggestion not many people used them.

Most customers ordered the Speakon-1/4" combi sockets as an option when this was an option that had to be purchased as an extra (which is no longer the case ; all "big" Camplifiers come with combi sockets at no extra charge now).

The Camplifier STUDIO will push 25W average or 50W peak to the speakers.

If think a 1/4" jack can handle that easily.

Even the KPA PowerHead uses 1/4" speaker outs only and can push 600W to the speakers, which I find very interesting.....

.Long story short : No. There will be no Speakon-1/4" combi socket available for the Camplifier STUDIO.

HO, HO, HO !

May I proudly introduce a new member of the CAMPLIFIER family ?!

Please meet the Camplifier STUDIO !

[Blocked Image: http://ritteramps.de/studio2.jpg]

If you are looking for a :

• great sounding !
    • light weight
    • powerful
    • flexible

and fully integrated solution, to amplify your KPA anywhere you go and play - The Camplifier STUDIO is your Power HEAD upgrade for your Toaster.

It can be installed into the back cavity of your KPA in seconds, just as the other Camplifiers do.

[Blocked Image: http://ritteramps.de/studio1.jpg]

We did not cover the complete back side opening with the Camplifier Studio on purpose.

You can use this open space to store cables and the small power supply the Camplifier Studio is powered from.

Technical specifications :

• weight is about 600 grams including power supply
    • unbalanced signal input
    • speaker out 4ohms, 8ohms or 16ohms
    • 25W clean power @ 8 ohms
    • 16W clean power @ 4 ohms
    • 13W clean power @ 16 ohms (still enough power to drive your neighborhood crazy ) :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://ritteramps.de/studio3.jpg]

This kind of power is more than enough to play at home, in the studio or at small venues.

The Camplifier Studio might not be the right tool for a Motörhead cover band, and this is not the application we had in mind.

Your home studio, your practice room, the recording studio (testing cabinets and playing in the mixing room) and the small club gig with your friends - you will be able to do all of that with the Camplifier Studio.

The new Camplifier will be available in our shop next week.

We are working on some video footage about it just now.

Please watch this thread to stay up to date on this.

The price for the Camplifier Studio will be 157,- Euro + shipping for all EU customers.

For KPA users from overseas, this translates to about 163,- USD + shipping ( about 45,- USD to the United States, for example).

Best regards,
    Tilman

He Muddy Fox,

I am confused.
    At first you guys were debating if VAT would have to be applied in the US, so I thought you live in the states.
    Now you say a certain cabinet is designed in the UK, which you consider to be good......??

Where do you live ? USA or UK ?

The reason I ask is this :

If you happen to live in the UK, there will be a very affordable cabinet (and even amplifier) solution available to you in the very near future.

I will open a new thread about this, since I do not want to hijack this one and I am holding myself back from commenting about musical power supplies and class D ; class A/B statements in this thread very hard already ;) .

Tilman