Posts by gibson5413

Sounds AWESOME!!! Also, care to share your tweaks/settings? I'm playing a Les Paul and this tone would go great with my set up. Thanks! Great job.

There is really no major tweaks to speak to on this profile. It is the profile in the 1987x pack marked "Full'. I may have played with the reverb and phaser settings a little but nothing noteworthy. You may want to EQ it for taste as your guitar may be different than mine. The guitar I am using is a Anderson Pro Am with a basswood body and maple neck. The pickup is an Anderson H3 which is is between medium and high output.

Hey all! Thanks so much for the comments and kudos! I really appreciate it. I just love my Kemper and Anderson guitars!

To answer a couple of questions:

- I used the profile on the exchange from the author Thumas (thank, you have made some killer Mark series profiles). It is called "Mesa Mk3 JP6 spkr".I have not tweaked it.
    - The Bulldog is loaded with the H3/H1 configuration. Love it!
    - To donbarzini: anything for you my male friend. :love: ;)

Hey all. I was having fun playing this tune today and thought I would
    throw a video cover up for you all. I used both my Bulldog and Drop Top
    for the clip. Sorry for the crappy interlude solo as I didn't just want
    to sit there for so long doing nothing (just a lot of improvised crap).

I used a Mark III profile from the Rig Exchange. There are no guitars on this backing track. All the guitars (rhythm and lead) is the Kemper and my awesome TAGs.Either way, hope you enjoy. Either way, hope you enjoy. Have always loved this tune!!

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I decided to put together a video of my Anderson Pro Am and TAF Kemper Marshall 1987x profile (thanks Andy!).

**Disclaimer**

I wasn't trying to cop the original tone!! :thumbup:

To be honest, I really like the tone I got here and think it fits the
    backing track. I recorded it with one track and one take. Sorry for the
    mistakes in playing! [Blocked Image: http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/…smilies/icon_jumpgrin.gif]

Hope you likey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdc6U-t08WM

Yep of course you are, you miss the point,

I'm not going to complain to Red Bull because I didn't grow wings. It's just marketing.

Peace ;)

+1

It is a business for Andy and he can market products how he wants. Doesn't bother me and I never take marketing 100% literal (I have been selling digital marketing products for 7 years). I for one am very excited for these as TAF Marshall profiles are my "go to" tones. Thanks Andy!

Both is great fun - a great tube amp in the room next to you and the Kemper for playing different (cranked) amps at any time - even at night - in the bedroom - and record it with the same sound each time - without the hassel to find THAT sweet spot again.

This is why I love the Kemper so much. I still want another Bogner 20th Anniv XTC (my favorite tube amp ever) but I won't replace the Kemper for a tube amp. I want both. The KPA has been so inspiring to me that all I do is play, anytime of the day I want. Thumas' Mark III profiles are fantastic and close enough to a Mark IV that my Mark series needs are well taken care of. I have owned the Mark IV on two separate occasions and the last time really started to fatigue my ears. It is one of my favorite hard tones but as I have gotten older my tastes have changed. I love the variety the KPA gives me now. If you only need one tone it is very hard to beat the Lead channel on the Mark IV however.

Just because you don't have a KPA doesn't mean you have to go. Stick around! :) :thumbup:

Thanks for the input guys. Any of the big mixing/engineer guys on this board, Feel free to give any advice. We are all pretty new to all of this, and come from various backgrounds/sound preferences (in this band). So mixing is kind of a challenge, especially given what we have to work with. There is no special plug ins or "expensive" type of equipment to enhance the sound of this really (Kemper being the most expensive haha). So basically, this was the best we could do with real drums, maybe not the best mics, some sampling, Presonus firewire mic preamp, the Kemper, and some Chris Lord Alge compression/EQ plugins for the drums and bass. Might start investing in some decent plugins (slate tape simulator, distressor for saturation, neve style plugins, SSL channel strip simulation etc) and see how much better we could do with our mixes. What a pain in the ass, because 6 6 months from now, our mixes will probably be lightyears better than this one, and we will always constantly want to re do everything! 8o Anyways, any feedback is always appreciated.

As far as Profiles: I believe 2 were Lasse Lammert's "old school tampa death" profile, cabinet is a mesa oversized 4x12 from a 5150 profile done for me. 2 more tracks are one of the tonesides 6505's from their "metal pack" along with the same cabinet. Bass is a DI profile of my bass players Eden head.

that was awesome brother! Loved the guitars! Really present in the mix. Keep it up!!

My experience has been great. My only word of caution is not to expect the CLR to deliver better tone. You may in fact sound worse when you initially plug in your CLR, unless you already tweaked your rigs through good studio monitors at decent volume. What the CLR delivers is accuracy, which for me means I no longer have to wonder what my signal to FOH really sounds like. That's a big deal for any guitarist that runs direct.

That's good to hear. I'm not expecting the world. I am looking for consistency. I love the way my KPA sounds through my studio monitors but can't say I have the same enthusiasm for what I hear through my Matrix GT800FX and Bogner 2x12 cab (loaded with V30s). The power amp is great but don't love what I hear from the cab. I have had the cab for 8 years and it is well broken in. It sounds much better at super high volumes and with a tube amp. The CLR is really to give me a more accurate KPA tone in addition to giving me FOH representation. Standing behind the PA speakers makes it very difficult to hear what the audience hears. A high quality monitor (like the CLR) should easily fit the bill.

Hi all. I know there is another CLR thread but it is too long for me to read through to find my answer (potentially).

I have an active wedge on the way (should get it by next week). What is the best way to use it with the KPA: Monitor Output or Main? I already have the KPA going from the Main Output (via XLR) to my mic pre for home recording. Which is the best way to go? Thanks!