Posts by lightbox

the DI was put through an amp at his request afterwards. that clip ends before he says the producer wanted it direct, but DG didn't like it

This!

Watch from 4:50 (or even better the whole thing):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One question, because I'm kind of confused now:

Your MIDIOX log shows you were sending PC commands from your FCB, but you seem to be in Performance mode on your Profiler.
    As far as I know (learned) the control of Performance slots is done using CC commands (e.g. CC #50-54 to directly address slots 1-5 of a performance).
    Did you change something on your FCB when you did the video (control in Performance mode)?

You're not very familiar with bug hunting or narrow down a problem to find its cause, are you?
    Of course, it's always helpful to see what a device is doing. Sometimes it can easily switch a simple guess into certainty.
    If you actually see that the device sends only what it's supposed to send, then you know that no other MIDI controller on this very planet will solve the problem for you and the cause must be somewhere else. This is something you should do if you're interested in a solution.
    With MIDIOX you can even try other things like: When does the MIDI controller send a command? When you press a button or when you release it again? Even these small things can make a difference and they are easy to discover using such a tool.

Problem is ... you can easily open regular links in new tabs but you can't easily open "tabbed" links in the same window.
    These pesky links with target attributes _blank or _new are really out of fashion these days.

PS: Ctrl + left click works as well, not a bad idea to just get used to it. ;)

You are 100% right, that you want your Profiler without issues. Don't worry to much about jokes being made, I'm pretty sure it's all in good spirit here. Nobody thinks you're going to use your Profiler as a wrist watch just because of the nice leather strap and the built-in clock. I would hate to wait a couple of weeks as well, patience is a tough challenge. ;)

... or were they supposed to be emailed to me.

They are not emailed to you. All you get via email is the download links. But it's the same link that you get in your Purchase History.
    And once again: You do NOT copy the rar file, you have to uncompress it and copy the *.kipr files to the Shared folder on your pen drive.
    Also make sure, you're in BROWSER mode on the Profiler when you want to import rigs.

I filed a feature request but the response isn't very optimistic about getting a solution.
    Actually Kemper seems to be under the impression that this is only the request from ONE individual and that makes it a low priority feature.
    Also they tell me that this additional feature would make the Profiler more complicated for ALL (erm WHAT? ?( ) and nobody knows how many clients would ask what this is good for.
    Wow, this really sounds more than strange to me, to be honest. They haven't been shy to implement crazy stuff like Formant Shift ... but a simple additional option in the Output menu would totally blow up support? Hm, they can't be serious about that, can they?

Already got an answer from support.
    This is by intention, the volume pedal can't get recorded on a DI track. So if you're playing with the volume pedal involved, you have to do the volume pedal again when re-amping .... or find a way to record the MIDI CC #7 at the same time, so it can be sent to the Profiler while re-amping.
    One "solution" suggested by support is to switch off all stomps and the stack section and then select "STACK" to record a DI track ... but seriously, who wants to play while listening to a DI signal? ?(

Wow, this isn't exactly perfect. I wish we had the choice. Dont know what you guys think about that. Valid feature request? Another option "Git+Volume"?

Firts of all, this is not Gianfranco's site ... consider it to be OUR site, a community driven effort. Everyone can contribute.

Second, maybe this specific page should have been called "Fun Stuff" ... the stuff you want to read when you want to waste some time reading the funny side of the Profiler world.

... and the rest of your comment (including your question) must be ironic, so I won't comment or answer that. ;)

Yes, I agree to some degree, although I wouldn't dare to pre-judge the resulting quality of the profiles. The start might be hard, there's a learning curve (and lots of time testing) for sure. But some develop an amazing talent to profile amps and build great rigs from the profiles ... this talent is not restricted to those who already had a chance to prove it. :)
    But it might be a bit optimistic to buy a Profiler with the intention to profile 100+ amps (and post that publicly even before the very first try). Hope this guy will take his time and play the magic box a while before starting to profile all day long, hehe.

PS: The linked thread is yet another example, why I'm not registered on any other gear forum. What a difference this Kemper Forum makes! :thumbup: