Please someone contact this guy ASAP :%

• My personal opinion:
    At this point in time where we have so many profiles and about profiles of nearly every amp
    I'd rather have somebody profile his favourite amp with his favourite settings
    than somebody profiling 100+ amps he might not even know well or like only because he can and has access to.

• Yes, I agree to some degree, although I wouldn't dare to pre-judge the resulting quality of the profiles. The start might be hard, there's a learning curve (and lots of time testing) for sure. But some develop an amazing talent to profile amps and build great rigs from the profiles ... this talent is not restricted to those who already had a chance to prove it. :)
    But it might be a bit optimistic to buy a Profiler with the intention to profile 100+ amps (and post that publicly even before the very first try). Hope this guy will take his time and play the magic box a while before starting to profile all day long, hehe.

PS: The linked thread is yet another example, why I'm not registered on any other gear forum. What a difference this Kemper Forum makes! :thumbup:

• Guys, I'm definitely joking on this. I was just for fun, I'd never contact him... heck, I've not played through half of the 1380+ profiles which came with the unit! 8o
    It was more on a "Welcome to Wonderland!" line.

On a more serious note, 100% agreed on the tones (pun intended) used in that thread. There's of course a big difference between this forum and all the others: ours is populated by owners, lovers or people interested in the unit. One would hardly come here arguing and discredit the Profiler.

• Good lord, :rolleyes: I just realized by taking a field trip over there to that forum :thumbdown: for a look 8| How many brain cells a person can lose in a very short period of time. :wacko:
    But then again :) after deactivating all other forum memberships once I bought my :love: :love: "Magical Tone Munchkin" :love: :love:

I've been to busy playing and answering the question from other audiophile musicians in the crowd of, "just exactly how are you gettin that sound 8o ??"...
    Instead of hangin out playing volleyball with pissy ANNOYED :cursing: boys on those forums who must not be gettin there tone on.... ?( ..Or much of anything else I suppose!! :D :D :D :D :D

Either you lead or you follow. :thumbup: Like I always tell'em on the street when we're racin and someone ask....
    "wheres the finish line?" I simply smile and reply..."I'll tap my brakes for ya"
    8)

• Don't get turned off gearslutz just because of how the Kemper threads seem always degenerate into what you can see in that thread. It really is an awesome forum with tons of great information about recording techniques and gear. "Digital" just seems to always get the same monikers moving and posting the same old diatribe all over the threads.

• I guess he wants to profile them for himself or his facility. I briefly spoke to him the other day. I'll ask him if I have a chance.
    On a side note, profiling is not like shifting boxes, in other words you need to know your amps well in live as well as production (read studio) environment in order to have real sounding profiles. Then it is also a matter of taste and context.

• I guess he wants to profile them for himself or his facility. I briefly spoke to him the other day. I'll ask him if I have a chance.
    On a side note, profiling is not like shifting boxes, in other words you need to know your amps well in live as well as production (read studio) environment in order to have real sounding profiles. Then it is also a matter of taste and context.

This!

Agree 100%