Posts by StealthAMD

The test is for connecting to the Rig Exchange, not with your Kemper.

You seems to have the Rigs Downladed from it also, all good.

If you want to preview, your Kemper needs to be plugged in via USB to the computer running the Rig Manager.

The sound will come out of your kemper outputs or headphone jack of the Kemper.

Hi,

I just want to say thank you for your Stomp_Z.Vex Octane 3 profile on the Rig Exchange which I found using the new Rig Manager.

This profile kicks ass and hits like a ton of bricks. Very different sounding than the usual Very High gain we can usually find or dial-in.

I love it and it works perfectly with the latest album of Gary Numan. I know guitars are not the first thing that comes to mind when we are talking about Gary Numan but nevertheless he uses quite a bit of heavy guitars in the sea of synth sounds of his songs.

I have a big smile on my face today and my fingers are hurting because of the Rig Manager preview feature.

Cheers,

Marc.

I agree that complaints can be legitimate when something is not working well or there are bugs of some sort.

But, IMO, it is not legitimate in such cases when Kemper announces a Rig Manager that no one (except Beta testers) have actually worked with. This is a prime example of whining. You can express that you are disappointed with the Mac vs. PC release strategy but I don't see any reason for attacking the skill sets of the Kemper team as it totally lacks any sort of respect. Again this is only my honest opinion.

There is always place for constructive feedback and discussion but recently that was not my experience in some threads of this forum by some of the members.

Cheers.

Hi,

The only thing I can see would be that when your air conditioning compressor starts there a sudden drop in voltage/amperage of your electrical circuit and one of your audio component temporarily cuts (much like if the electricity would flicker for a second). You might also see the lights at your place dim when this is occuring. This audio component might also have some protection circuit when sudden drops/spikes of voltage/amperage are occuring.

Regards,

Marc.

It saddens me to read all the complaining.

I thought our community was more appreciative than that.

If I was part of the team at Kemper Head Quarters I would be flabbergasted right now, shake my head in discouragement and most probably take the rest of the day off.

It would be like if you come out with a new piece of music, all proud of the work you did, and lots of people tells you that it totally sucks the day it comes out. I assume most of us would just want to curl up facing a corner a small room with all lights off.

Not nice.

Mine was stopping giving sound randomly, the problem was not related to the autoload function. I had a DSP error message. They changed the motherboard.

I had the same problem, they sent me a new unit altogether.

No idea if Rammstein has ever done it, but some bands will take the precision thing so far as to get one or two good samples of a gallop or chug and copy/paste as many as they need, rather than having someone play the whole phrase.

Seriously? I might be naive but always try to believe that great artists put some really hard efforts in what they are producing.
    Copy/Paste chugs or whatever.... This is so lame... If you can't play it in the studio, it shouldn't be on the album.

Where are the days where the whole band was pretty much playing/recording/tracking together in the same room? Funny that a lot of these albums are considered classics that everybody always refers to. Even the modern/electronic/rap are taking samples of these classics.

Sorry but disappointed... I can easily do copy/paste or using tech to fake my talent but I really couldn't record on a few takes and create a "future" classic. This is why I play for myself in my basement I guess.

Cheers,

Marc.

Edit: Guys, just to be clear, I am talking about the original artists here, not us trying to reproduce what they are doing.

I might be old school and certainly don't want to spoil the excitement of a lot of people over Twitter.

Since I have zero interest in Twitter or any social media, would it be possible to add a sub section in the Important Announcements or somewhere else here in this forum and post these exceptional rigs?

I know that I come visit here quite often and it is the central Kemper information place for me.

Thanks.

Had this exact problem a few months back and I had to send my KPA for repair.
    Be careful because sometimes mine would freeze with the DSP error keeping a high pitched noise that would only go away if I turned off the unit. Depending at what volume you are playing that noise can be really unpleasant to the ears.

That's a Xmas crasher... but Merry Christmas anyway!

Let's not create legends. Type and Browse knobs are encoders and click, while the rest are bi-directional 360° potis, which don't click. This has been the case since the first prototype and is the same for Head, Rack, PowerHead, PowerRack, black, white....

Sorry Burkhard, was not my intention.

Maybe I thought I noticed a change because my unit is brand new and my old one had more "mileage" since I played a lot more with the encoders to get the sounds I was looking for at the time.

Recently received a brand new toaster unit under warranty and the knobs now have the clicking feature you noticed on the rack.
    My old KPA had non-clicking knobs. Funny though how you can get comfortable with what you know after a while since it kind of puzzled me at the beginning to feel that clickiness...

The only exceptions are the two big knobs on the right side (Master & Volume if I remember the names correctly)