Posts by skyhighrocks

Ran it 4CM through a Marshall Haze 40 1x12 that usually sounds terrible. It was a very strange but great feeling to have MY sound coming out of this little amp. I've been fine tuning it at home with my DSL100/cab and has it sounding great. Plugged it into theHaze and it was like I was at home. Pretty much the same exact sound, tone and feel of my 4x12.

The only issue I had was trying to turn on some effects via the ground control pro. I need to look into how I programmed it once I get things set up again at home. I had to step on an IA switch 2 or 3 times to engage certain effects. Not sure if it was the Kemper or GCP but my money is on the GCP.

This is the exact setup I'm going to use at my next gig since its a smaller venue with not as big of a stage as we normally play. I'll probably run it direct but our drummer likes to hear the amp on stage as well.

I had about 600 profiles loaded in a week ago. I might be down to about 30 now. Got some bogners, 5150, AC30, Splawns, acoustics and my Marshall, which are my main tones.

Can't wait to play this again!

Same problem...changing from 2 profiles that are the same but one is a tad louder in volume for leads...get this really high pitched, annoying glitch sound. This happens when I hold a chord or note and switch using the interface. I haven't tried via midi yet...hoping this can be fixed somehow because it's VERY audible. This is when I'm running it through a cab/poweramp. Using it direct doesn't sound as bad but I need to use cab/amp with the KPA so I need to figure out a solution for this before rehearsals and gigs this weekend!

UPDATE! Keeping the Monitor Cab Off clicked on in the output panel eliminates this high pitched sound. Duh!

Thanks! Glad you like it...I uploaded 2 versions of it...one with just the green channel and another with the green channel/SD-1 in front. I'm not sure if that one made it through though...were you able to get both?

I'm hoping to head to a friend's studio at some point and see what he has that can be profiled. I know he mentioned a JSX.

Hi skyhighrocks.....i definitely back you up on this because apart of being a crazy fan of Eddie (I'm 47), i.'m looking for a flanger on the same album, which is the one on the clean guitar intro on tell you about it later...

Let me know when you get one of those......

think I found one that sounds good...look up "Early VH Tone" on the exchange by Peter Fischer and check out the flanger in that.

Anyone have any luck setting up one of the flangers to mimic the "Unchained" flanger from Fair Warning? And where do you place it in your Kemper chain? I've tried a few of them but I'm not getting any decent results. I'm wondering if it's because the amp is before it?

Quick sound demonstration "video" of some Kemper profiles that were either in the Kemper from the factory or downloaded from the rig exchange. No tweaking, just direct sound. I played the same riff over and over so it might get boring and also named the profile and author.

[YouTube]TYExg8I92ig[/YouTube]

Hey guys

I have my Kemper running via the 4CM with my amp and cab and it sounds great. However, I'm finding that the master volume is VERY sesitive. I can't go past maybe 2 before I'll blow the windows out of my house. Even if I just nudge it a tad, the volume jumps enormously. Is there anything I can do about this?

My other question has to do with just using my amp as power and not running the 4CM. I understand to go amp return to KPA monitor out. When doing this, I get much less volume and also the effects sound terrible....you know when you place a reverb in front of a high gain amp and not in a loop? Very harsh and very non-hifi if that makes sense....help is appreciated!

I don't know exactly how the I/O setup in reaper works, I use Studio One. Check the I/O Setup of the dry track. The signal shouldn't be sent to the Monitor channels (only to your S/PDIF Out), then you won't hear it.

I'll try to figure that out but a new issue has arisen...

The dry track is fine...very silent as far as noise goes...but any time I run any amp to reamp, there's a very audible hiss...the noise gate doesn't do anything...and it's not connected to the gain of the amps as I've tried completely clean amps and it's just as loud...

Set the S/PDIF Output in Mixcontrol to let's say "DAW channel 6". Then put DAW Channel 6 in the Send Slot in Reaper (dry track of course). Press input on the KPA and select "S/PDIF input". That's it ;)

Thank you! I have kemper sound playing along with the dry track now...is there any way to not hear the dry track?

Try the Reaper forum.
    There is a lot of info there, it's a great forum.
    The link, above, is search results on Reaper forum for "reamping", you could add "Focusrite Scarlett 18i6".

Unfortunately, I've already tried that route with no luck....nothing comes up for the 18i6. I'm a newb when it comes to routing inputs and outputs...I basically have always set track 1, hit record and played...