Posts by Karl_Houseknecht

I've read what the "wiki" PDF has to say about it, and it just confused me further. What does this parameter do and how do you set it?

The reason I'm asking, is when I play a real Tube Screamer into the front of the KPA, there is FAR more gain than if I play it into the front of the real amp that I profiled.

I am a free man to say what I will, am not bound by contract, get no benefit from any company I didn't purchase products from what is available to everyone when I can get it..

So I don't give a rat's ass what it looks like when I point out any logical inconstancy in a Company's mantra or Beta Tester's statements.

I get that. Just know that it's a fine line to walk, and you'll find that out if you do ever have the opportunity to walk it one day. That's why I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt.

Look, I'm a beta tester for one of these modeling companies. I have a signed NDA with them, and yes, I receive "compensation" from them in the form of free gear or other goodies. But even so, I was specifically told by them that I'm under no obligation to speak well of their products in a public forum, or to market for them. So I believe Scott when he's saying that he's doing this for "fun" and that he hasn't been told what to say. He's a true believer and is speaking from his own heart and mind. This is coming to you from someone accused by Cliff Chase himself of being a "shill" for another company.

I think it's counter productive for Kemper users to bash on Fractal or the Axe. It makes the Kemper community look petty. We like the product we like. And we can even find things we like about the others. They're all just boxes with circuits on the inside.

The way you over come latency in a big stage environment is to stagger monitors in order to avoid being too far from an audio source.

Yep, that's what I was saying regarding wedge monitors. I'd never play over a certain distance from my amp if there wasn't another monitoring source. And it gets phase-y or chorus-y if you're not careful with your stage volume.

3-4ms is fine. I can't detect that by feel, but 7ms or more and I can for sure. 10ms is unacceptable for recording, and even live. That puts me at least 10 feet from the source of the sound and that almost never happens, especially not with wedges around. And if I was 10 feet from the cab and had a wedge near me, then I get a slight chorusing effect. Sounds wider, but at that point it's not only feel-able, but also audible.

So if it's 3-4ms in variable latency mode...

But c'mon, everything below 10ms is just n.o.t.h.i.n.g ... you deal with a lot more, when you're on stage.

Anyone using it this way? It seems to work reasonably well, and much better than the shelving filters on the Studio EQ. Why wasn't the option of a low-pass or high pass included on the studio EQ itself? Would be great to have the other bands available if you need them, post amp/cab.

My curiosity got the better of me, so I just had to see if the Axe-II mojo was captured well by the KPA. Yep! Sounds pretty well spot on to me. Now I have no real tonal need to get an Axe-II. $20 satisfied that. Although I do have to say, many of the real-amp profiles do sound noticeably better than the Axe profiles. Still, it's nice to have them, and big thanks to Armin for doing them. Just another batch of fun to be had!

Isn't Fractal about to release firmware 10? And Kemper just released 1.6? I'm not sure what you mean by "holding", Rad.

Kemper still has performance mode and undo/redo to finish...which you'd think would already have been finished. Not really holding me up from using the unit though. Anything else they add after that is gravy.

LOL...a lot of Line6'ers and Atomic-ers (?) here. Good to see you all.

It's all good stuff with the KPA. I'm super excited about this thing in a way I haven't been with any other amp modeling device. It's just so darn easy to use and real.

Anyway, going to be heading over to TAF's store again tonight for one or two more profiles to round out the collection. My needs aren't huge, amp-wise, but that's what's so cool about this thing. You can get your profiles "ala carte", so to speak.

HIGHLY recommend this profile. Sounds exactly like the real amp to me. Even has that midrange vowel sound that most modelers will try to dial out for you. Like it that its there if I want it. Super job on this one, and I'll be buying more.