Posts by TheGhost

Andy,

I figured out what part of the problem is. Us Pro Tools users on newer Macs cannot hear audio through our Pro Tools sound cards when using Quicktime and there is no option to use something other than Quicktime the way your site is programmed, using MP3s that are not downloadable in the particular player that your site is using. If we could download the files they will play fine, but as long as you program them the way they are, Pro Tools users will never hear them. You might want to consider an MP3 player like the site below uses, they play just fine and don't need to be downloadable.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board…n-thread-audio-files.html

The first link opens, shows the player and that the clip is 1:57 long, but the audio won't play. If I click the first link and "Download Linked File As" to my computer it plays fine. Shows as TAF WATKINS demo by Leroy Miller.

The second link shows jPlayer 2.4.0 in the upper left corner on a blank pale lavender window.

If your new site wasn't Flash, I would just download and listen, but that is not an option. It would at least be a workaround if you had them available to download as in the above first link.

Janne,

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes, Javascript is enabled. The second screen shot of yours is when Flash is not installed or current (which I'm sure you know), I'm only mentioning it for others who are reading and may not be aware. I have all my software up to date including Flash. It loads and I can click the play arrow button and it turns to a pause button, but audio doesn't start. No matter how long I wait, it won't play. Clicking the pause button does not change it back to an arrow, the machine locks up and I have to close Safari. I have tried disabling pop-up blocking, etc... Nothing works. I'm really puzzled why EVERY site on the web plays audio fine, except this one. Thought there was a possibility it was my previous Mac, but now I have a new one and I didn't migrate anything

When is the embedded audio going to play in all browsers? I have a brand new 12 Core Mac Pro that will still not play audio (from The Amp Factory site only). It was the same way on my last Mac. Doesn't work wit Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Opera. Certainly can't blame it on the machine because it's now a new one. I would love to be able to hear AND buy profiles.

Thanks.

we are looking into the sound problems thats hit us..
    not sure what it is, bu there was errors of all last night that we are trying to resolve ASAP.
    Please bear with us..

This will be a temporary fix, untill we switch over to the more "everyone" compatible camp"!

The Marshall clips are coming also, ASAP + Videos too hopefully. - working on them

That's good to hear. I have been wanting to purchase bundles, but keep waiting for the clips to work with all browsers. Now OmniWeb doesn't even play them.

Hi guys! just have great news for you. My Rig Exchange is ready to rock!!
    http://www.evergladesaudio.com…new-rig-exchange-released

I have to say that I don't want to hurt Kemper or their rig exchange, split the profiles on several sites is not good, but if they can't get a good rig exchange in a short time, I think mine is a good option, I offer myself to fix their rig exchange.

So, you want us to upload profiles to your website for free and then you will charge everyone a membership to download them?
    Please tell me I am misunderstanding. ?(

I found a browser that will play the audio samples on a Mac without any isuues, it's OmniWeb.
    Works beautifully and the samples load and play quickly.

So, us Mac users who are having troubles, at least have an option until the other browsers get up and working too.

Andy,

What did you mean by Older Mac Users?

I don't know about everyone else on a Mac who is having troubles, but mine couldn't get much newer and all browsers are updated to the most recent versions.

Hey Andy,

Tried installing Chrome and that is not opening the audio samples either.

What is strange is Firefox version 20 opened the top half of the samples, but not the bottom half. When I upgraded to version 21 they all stopped playing. So, I did have audio at one point for some of the samples.

Not sure what to try now.

FYI: Pro Tools is on this machine and using Avid CoreAudio manager.

Hi Ghost, I submitted your problem to my web-developer. who said this..
    He maybe running an older browser where its the old code HTML5 and would be Flash audio, fix: upgrade the browser to a latest version.

Now I know nothing of this tech speak, so I thought I'd try and help at least.

No, it's the newest version of Firefox (version 21.0) and newest version of Flash Player 11.7.700.202 Plus, Safari has never worked on your last site or this one. So, I have no way of listening to any samples from your new site. Please let your developer know because there are a lot of us Mac users.

Thanks

Edit: Tried uninstalling Flash Player 11.7 and installed Flash Player 10.3, still didn't work. I'm reinstalling 11.7.