Posts by nightlight

As I'm planning on using professional in ear monitors in my band this would benefit the feel and sound in them. Front of house would be receiving a normal signal while my IEM's would be receiving the whole band signal as well as my guitar and vocals therefore the space effect would give the guitar a better sound in the headphones but without effecting the FOH sound. Hope this makes sense CK :)

+1. This sounds like a good features to have, Mr CK.

Wait a second. I'm not in the mode where profiles change instantly when I scroll through them. I have to push a soft button to load them. I'm guessing the guys that are having this problem are in the mode where profiles load automatically when you scroll to them.

Any difference if you switch modes? This might not be the problem of course, or maybe it's why I can't hear the clicks. At any rate, if it happens when you use a midi controller to jump from non-consecutive rigs as well, I'm not sure it's applicable.

I think it's useful that your playing during the refining process is suited to the type of music you intend to use the profile for. I mean, if you strum folk style or play a solo or do some palm muting, would this have an implication for the final sound?

I think it would. Perhaps mDan would be kind enough to do another test!

:cursing: Now i need to go home and check again ?(

The latest firmware update (released yesterday) says this problem has been resolved.

That clicking sound when changing profiles seems reminiscent of impedance matching problems I used to have when trying to connect certain pedals in the loops of my old FX processor.

Do you have anything in the loop of the Kemper? Any stomps or FX engaged? Does the sound or timbre of the click change when shifting profiles or is it constant and unchanged?ur
    I'm monitoring the KPA through my Dynaudio BM5A reference monitors, so I think I would have picked up the clicks. What output source are you using? Are you using the analog outs? SPDIF? Is your audio interface synced to the KPA's timecode?

I think Kemper's stance on a PC version would be the same as the guys that made GTA 5.

As in a resounding, "No", because piracy would kick in and that would be the end of it.

It's the same reason they won't make the Axe FX into a VST. Delinking the code from your hardware is putting yourself at the mercy of the internet and we all know how people really are once they hear the words "free".

Does anyone have details about when their Kemper was manufactured? Is there a certain bad batch that had problems with defective components?

I received my Kemper after months in transit in super condition. Unmarked, all lights working, pristine. Which was a blessing after reading so many posts about the KPA being DOA, LEDs not working, firmware not updating, OS not loading, etc.

How many users is this LED issue really affecting? Pictures and other evidence would be welcome.

I'm hoping the slew of complaints can be attributed to disruptive marketing tactics by Axe-FX employees, haha ;)

+1. Glad to hear it reiterated all the time :thumbup:

Talking about TGP.
    Why is everybody there? Because they simply have a dedicated section for digital amps.
    Is there another international forum with such a dedicated section?

If not, you guys should motivate e.g. Gearsluts to have an extra room.
    Digital amps should be treated separately, as guitara and amps are separates regularily.

Thoughts?

I think the real draw of TGP is the stompbox and FX section actually. TGP has always been popular, but hits have gone through the roof since the Harmony Central forums imploded due to a badly planned renovation strategy. HC lost a lot of users due to that poor planned move and most of them migrated to TGP.

I used to be on TGP, but haven't logged in for over a year now. Just got tired of the endless GAS threads and randomness in commenting on someone's personal problems put up for the world to see. As people are increasingly finding out, it's not very friendly either, even more so if you're not from the US and don't tow the line of the admins/their followers. That said, I've met a lot of very nice and supportive people even though I stood out like a sore thumb.

I'm a member of Gearslutz, it's a pretty cool website, but not a very chatty place if you're not a major gearhead and into massive studio setups. There are discussions on the Kemper Amplifier there and some sterling endorsements from Michael Wagener and other producers.

Doesn't beat the Kemper forums for in-depth discussion about the Profiler though.

Awesome tests and results, guys, thanks.

I, for one, am not surprised that refining the profile with different guitars has an impact on the finished products. Just postulating, but I'd imagine with a single coil, the refining process is introduce certain high frequencies into the raw sound of the amp profile, while a humbucker would have a different impact, since it sounds darker, more bassy or whatever.

The results confirm this, so my wild conjecture appears to have had some element of truth in it. ^^