Posts by lef38

Btw:
    Who bought their Profiler at an "analog" store?
    Or who tried to do so?
    How was your experience?

I had planned to buy mine in Carouge, Switzerland, because it was about 10% cheaper (due to lower VAT I think) and I live near the FR/SW border.
    By the time I got the money they were...out of stock !

Nope, you aren't the only one as far tweaking goes. I found alot of these profiles had virtually no bottom end, and way too much midrange for my taste as well. Contrary to popular belief, great guitar tones often DON'T sound like crap on their own, or that thin. None of the modern metal engineers ( sneap, Richardson, Lewis/suecof) roll off that much low end, ever. I have profiles by all of them, and none of them are that thin, just something to keep in mind. While these are really good sounding profiles inn opinion, alot of tweaking was needed on my end.

Hi VESmedic1
    What kind of tweaking do you do with those fizzy patches ?

I ulpoaded it this afternoon, search pharaoh in the rig exchange and let me know what you think
    BTW I have no mic so I used the direct output of my amp, which includes a simulated cab. The cab didn't sound good that's why i switched it for a tills cab.

have you looked at the Top10 in the Preamps section at Thomann?

Sure! It's full of Kempers and (more or less advanced) foot controllers :thumbup:
    You can notice the Behringer UCG102, a USB audio interface, one thing that the kemper is lacking too. That all makes sense.

Here are Thomann's top sellers in the Guitar & Bass category :

[Blocked Image: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4549/42f7.jpg]

OK Here is my take:
    - Kemper is selling a lot of units, and this is only the unpowered rack; if we could add the black and white toasters, and all their powered counterparts, it would certainly rank higher
    - #5 is a foot controller because the kemper lacks one
    - #2 and #4 are loopers because the kemper lacks one
    - #1 #3 and #6 are cheap Bugera tube amps, because still, those people buying Kempers can't think of owning a rig without tubes somewhere ^^

So we can say everybody's moving to kemper. Pretty obvious now :D

Biggest complaints for me:
    - i will have to shield my strat because now i can hear even the slightest details ;)
    - for the same reason, i will have to improve my technique
    - loss of sleep since I receive it, can't stop playing

Other than that, I can use my old Pod HD - with the Kemper in the loop - to work around the things I miss:
    - looper
    - usb audio interface
    - footswitch + expression pedal
    - additional delays

Well I have ordered an headphones amp, they are known to produce a more natural sound, I will see.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear which headphones you are using with the Kemper.

Yesterday I found the origin of the problem : the headphones !
    I had the idea to try with other headphones and the sound was instantly much better, not perfect, but much better.
    To make it perfect, I had to browse other cabinets until I found the right one.
    I also may say that the Space parameter in the Output settings helped a little.

The *faulty* headphones were the Bose AE2 , although I had been satisfied with them until now, and they are known to be much more neutral than other Bose hp.
    They are simply a mismatch with the Kemper.
    The right hp were my in-ear Shure SE530, high end, excellent sounding, but not convenient for playing music.
    My son's cheap headphones were ok too , regarding the nasty frequencies problem.

I would love to hear recommendations for headphones that work great with the Kemper.

I also noticed that while the Bose and the Shure have the same impedance, the Bose was way quieter than the Shure.
    I had to put the Master Volume to 7 to match the Shure level that was set to 2.
    Thus I wonder if an headphones amp wouldn't just be the solution...

Thank you everybody.
    It's great to see such commitment from the whole community and even the owners, something i was not used to with my previous unit ;)
    I'll take time to learn about all the settings and do my best to make it work as desired.
    If it worked for others, it should work for me !

Also i must add that i don't like the EQ i used; for me it's not the solution, it's cutting too much tone.
    But at least it fills its only purpose: pinpointing the annoying frequency.

Second time the question is asked so let me quote myself :

the sample is just here to describe what i'm talking about, i.e. an annoying frequency.
    The problem is the same with my kemper.

well i could have provided no sample at all, i was just hoping this would help to understand the problem.
    Sound is hard to describe with words, especially for a non english native speaker ;)

It happens at least with my 2 bridge humbuckers:
    - bareknuckle riff raff (medium output)
    - seymour duncan custom 8 (high output)
    And it doesn't happen with my tube amp + cab setup, so no the pickups are not at fault.

Thanks for the clean sense tutorial, that was helpful.