Posts by orko

I was wondering if it would be possible to set up something like a digital amp vst in a daw with some impulses and profile that sound buy running the output of the pc right into the kemper without a mic.

Yes there are plenty of spot on profilies from modelers & software around.
    Several are uploaded on the profile rig exchange. http://www.kemper-amps.com/sharerigs
    Software amps or modelers have a very different design than real amps so the profiling results may vary, although it clearly can generate great spot on results.
    Here is a video by Keith Merrow profiling his Axe fx.
    Strangely some Axe users didn't like that and he posted on the FAS forum that he got hate mails for doing it.
    Post 15 in this info link. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…ofiling-axe-standard.html

Kemper profiling the Axe fx modeler.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[YOUTUBE]
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

Why should they change an award winning concept and start messing with the best dynamic raw core amp sound? Sound is always subjective and ones personal favorite amp is always anothers poop amp sound, it's a never ending discussion. The same goes for amp profiles. More effects, library software + more secret future ideas they have mentioned etc are by far the most requested features and therefore most logical for them to work on. There are many fantastic kemper vs real amp A/B clips out there and many users are selling their real amps after profiling them. Big producers are using the kemper on major albums, and for me it can't get better than that.

From the beginning every fractal unit have needed constant firmware updates to sound more realarer, unlike the kemper. I and many others hate having to swith back and forth between axe fx 2 firmwares for different amp versions and the hyperbole marketing needed for every new Axe fx fw is always very funny. -This fw is finally real...... until the next one.... It would be terrible if Kemper decided to change their amp sound = changing all great sounding profiles.
    Cliff Chase has shown how irritated and influenced he is by the kemper but he can't profile amps like the kemper or use its technology or algorithms. He can keep changing his modeling like always and copy the eq with traditional tone matching and use static IR's. Nobody needs an Axe fx 2 for tone matching, it's been used in studio DAW recordings for over ten years with Ozone and other plugins. I find every new Axe fx 2 fw to be different than the other, not always better like its marketed.
    The kemper and Axe fx 2 are two completely different units with different technology and algorithms and they will never do the same things or sound/feel the same. kemper really raised the digital amp bar to the top and it's just natural that other companies will try to sound better than they did before. Kemper will keep developing in many areas, and so will other companies.

Thanks guys! :)

Great stuff!
    Gord Olson - Cognoscere (w/ Kemper & Lundgren M7)

Yes that highly subjective experience in the blog text had some very strange parts in it.
    I don't know anyone who considers the Kemper to sound Hi-fi, it's the most raw amp sounding unit out there. The axe-fx is by many considered to always be very hi-fi, though it has removed some of that in later firmwares when I play it which is good.
    Also the dynamics with guitar volume roll of is excellent with the kemper.
    Plenty of examples here, clips that show KPA's playable dynamic range http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1075570
    Tone matching = traditional eq match copy, exactly what's been done in computer DAW for over ten years and very much simpler than kempers new profiling technology which is very different.

Software amps or modelers have a very different design than real amps so the profiling results may vary, although it clearly can generate great spot on results. There are plenty of spot on profilies from modelers & software around.
    Here is a video by Keith Merrow profiling his Axe fx.
    Strangely some Axe users didn't like that and he posted on the FAS forum that he got hate mails for doing it.
    Post 15 in this link. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…ofiling-axe-standard.html

Kemper profiling the Axe fx.

[YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

:thumbup:

There's a lot of kemper info in this long interview with C. Kemper, from guitar-muse.com.
    Discussing the difference between modeling and profiling and other things. One additional feature that Kemper mentioned early is passive tonestacks, question 3.
    http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949

" We are building up a library for passive tone stacks so every amp can be equipped with the corresponding equalizer, even after the profile has been captured. The tone can be shaped then as on the original. But you can even choose another passive tone stack for your profile, or even a studio equalizer, that goes far beyond the boundaries again."

Here is also an intersting thread about the kempers planned long lifespan.
    Why the Kemper is really future proof for at least the next 15 years

Any advanced parameter that is missing in the Profiler?

I agree with timowens.
    I think you've written earlier that you want to keep the kemper easy and simple to use and I really think that's the right approach.
    The kemper nails the profiled amp's signal chain and (if wanted) it's easy to fine tune or transform a profile into something completely different with the available controls and cabs.
    Adding more and more advanced deep parameters turns a unit into a tweaker nightmare, in contrast to easy and simple. More parameters is a sign that something wasn't done the right way from the beginning and adding more is an afterthought trying to fix it. When I use the kemper and axe fx 2 it's easy to see how different the two units are in terms of user friendly and parameter approach. For me great sound comes first, then easy to use is a very important second.

I've never seen anything like the extremely high level of censorship and double standard on FAS and TGP. Management by fear?
    Cliff Chase and Scott Peterson make a great censorship team. The FAS moderators nuke so many harmless posts about fractal it's a parody. And it got far worse since the kemper was released and proved to be a serious contender to the Axe fx. Even before the kemper was released it was singled out and censored on the fractal forum. Ola posted an early video in the off topic gear section and it was gone, just like so many other deleted posts only asking kemper questions, and it's still this way almost every week. Even yesterday in this thread the OP linked to here, about axe vs kemper on the FAS forum, member themaidenmainiac got one harmless post censored and deleted, talking about it on page 2. I think he mentioned that aliasing is not a problem in the kemper and that Andy Sneap and Wolf Hofmann use it.
    http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…vs-kemper-profiler-2.html

TGP is closely related to FAS and it's unfortunate for all gear users that Scott Peterson plays a big role on both forums.
    Scott Peterson own the gear page, is a fractal beta tester/moderator promotor with thousands of adverisement forum posts over many years. He's been working with pro marketing for +20 years and gets a power trip on the FAS and TGP forums, censoring, ridiculing, belitteling anyone who doesn't like the axe-fx, or who expose Cliff Chase for using FUD. Scott Peterson is often very rude and frequently breaks his own forum rules on TGP. A very sad character that doesn't have a clue how to behave or how to spread positive company PR.
    All critique against Cliff's actual lies and strange FUD competitor attacks is laughed at and completely silenced and those who bring it up will be censored and get infraction points. Still the TGP owner Scott can post many long defensive personal rants and attacks about those who critizice cliff or fractal, but he won't tolerate it the other way. Being a huge fanboy for years, has 20+ years of pro marketing, has thousands of posts that looks like adds. No one like that can be seen as an average gear user, and yes it's sad that TGP can't have a neutral owner.

I found this previously posted deleted TGP 11 page thread "are the DSP wars over" showing a great example of defending Cliffs behaviour in absurdum, and when members ask him why, it's too much and the thread is deleted and infractions are handed out.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?85zen4oowivu7qm

It's a crazy world :D

Yes, alway check the source where the "information" comes from.
    I have no aliasing problems and I don't think producers like Andy Sneap or Michael Wagener would keep using it on their records if they had problems. A good thing is that it will replicate the same disharmonic phenomena when two notes rub against eachother, just like when playing real amps. but this is 100% natural and normal and not aliasing.

Have a listen to some kemper music here.
    http://www.wikpa.org/Enjoy_it

A good tip is to have several usb sticks.
    safety backup of rigs and OS (without needing a computer), 1000 extra rigs in each stick if ever needed.
    I though the pod HD, GT or Axe fx had a decent numbers of user slots, but a 1000 slots top that.
    Still, the total number of available profiles are several thousand and always increasing so I think many keep a library on the computer and only load the kemper with the profiles they will use or audition for the moment.

Yeah, I have heard many complain about the LED lights going dead after a few months. This seems like a defect as LED lights should last a very very long time without failure. Living in the US makes this a major issue for anyone wanting to buy a new Kemper, even under warranty due to the overseas shipping and repair issues.

They do have service centers in several countries so no need to ship it overseas in the US.
    I think you can locate the service centers in this link. http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…ers_and_Distributors.html

On topic, for my needs I prefer the lunchbox kemper design.

Zentman, it's good with some self distance awareness.
    You know that you're far from an "ordinary guy poster" on gear forums and you are very aware that you are considered to be the infamous no 1 fractal axe fx crusader on several gear forums for a long time.

Many of your flamebaiting fanboi posts are removed from TGP and even on the fractal forum have you been asked to calm down many times. You've explained that you can't help yourself and that you actually enjoy taking on the role as a fractal police that prowls forums and jumps in as soon as someone writes something they don't like about fractal.
    Have you ever taken a step back with some self distance and reflected about this odd behaviour?

Here are your own words explaining some reasons for your obsessive protective fractal fanboi behaviour:
    zentman quote:
    "I know I am nut for doing this but I enjoy it."
    "Why does it bother me? I like Fractal and I like Cliff. I want to see the company thrive.
    I want a constant and steady cash flow coming in to Fractal so they have money to develop more stuff.
    I do not want to see mis-information being spread that may hinder sales."

Play some more guitar, relax and don't be so overprotective about what others think about fractal or the axe fx.
    I mean that in a good way.

I agree it's very easy to get my sound adjusting a profile on the kemper to my ears or change it to something completely different.
    The form factor also makes it much easier to adjust than when I use the Axe 2 that now has gotten even more deep parameters to adjust.
    Keeping it great sounding and simple at the same time is something I prefer over adding more and more deep parameters.
    Not even the "experts" know what to do with all the parameters or what they do in the Axe and there are several threads with intricate adjustments suggestions to get sonic nirvana. The learning curves on these boxes are very different indeed and I will always prefer something that sounds and feels better, and as a bonus requires much less adjustments.

Because i'm more interested now by a profile/library manager than an editor. ;)

+1
    A profile/library manager is what I'd prefer over an editor.
    Good to know they already work on it, and hoping it will be like something they already have for their Access Virus synth.

I recommend the OP to try both units and learn them well, that's the only way to know what you prefer.
    I've used the Axe Fx 2 for a long time and after seeing many guitar and studio friends selling their Axe fx 2 getting kempers I got very interested. Now I have gained a good user experience with both units and I often compare them for fun. They sure do different things with very different technology and algorithms (modeling vs profiling) and I can get great sounds from both. With both the kemper and Axe I can easily adjust and create my own sounds and also transform a sound into something completely different far from the original amp.

The absolutely most important part for me is authentic amp sound and playing feel and this is where the kemper really shines and why I prefer playing the Kemper amps and cabs over the Axe fx 2. No other product can do this new profiling thing so it's not hard to understand why bands and producers now use the kemper in their work. For the first time we guitar players don't have to rely on a company to come up with their own programmed modeled interpretation of how they think the amps should behave and sound. With the kemper the users are the amp creators from the direct source, resulting in almost unlimited profile sound options and that was not possible before.
    We all have a user preference with all gear we play and compare and the bottom line is I prefer the kemper because it sounds and feels better to me when playing and comparing them. I then see it as a bonus that the kemper is a whole lot easier for me to use and brand new amp profiles are shared daily. I'm sure the Axe fx III will get a similar Kemper front panel layout and most I know find that design more plug and play and user friendly. Worth mentioning is that the price difference is big and in Europe the Axe fx 2 costs about $1000 more than the Kemper.

For me no digital box can do all the cool and best effects so I like having options. The Axe fx 2 has a lot more crazy effects, but there are several effects that I prefer in the Kemper so having many gear options is good. Like most players I've never needed advanced complex routings and both units offer more than I need for that. I've never used the Axe fx or pods built in usb interfaces and just like the majority of all home/studio users I have a dedicated sound interface that is capable of so much more than a limited built in interface.

A huge difference is that the Axe fx 2 can't profile, and the traditional eq copy tone matching feature in the Axe fx 2 that they copied from computer DAW plugins is very simple and cheap to do in any computer DAW for over ten years now. Even with the latest Axe fx 2 firmware I always find myself jumping between amps and sounds from different older firmwares. I just find each Axe firmware different, not always better or as fractal call it, 100% real, even though that's been said and hyped for many years now for every update.
    From the beginning every version of axe fx units have constantly needed firmware upgrades to sound more real, unlike the kemper. It really is an impressive achievement by Kemper to offer this sound and feel from the start without any changes needed, and as far as I understand they won't alter the sounds in the future which is good. I don't think changing the original user created profiles would be very popular.
    Both these boxes release frequent firmware and feature updates so it is great to be a guitarplayer these days.

Hi! Here is a litle video of my band, using Kemper Profiler in a club in Oslo june 21.2013.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igust_2rMi4

Thanks for sharing, very nice!

Camplifier-video is online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2emrsM-Ic

I like this design and good video. That's a fast installation.