Posts by stevel1953

So, after trying the kemper with some active Monitors I realized that the "fizz" I was hearing are just the normal high frequencies of a high gain profile, which my Peavey just filtered out. I was just used to that dark, bottom heavy sound. With that in mind, and that I probably just have to get used to the "new" sound, everything is just fine with my Rokits. However, I turned the treble and presence a bit down on the Main output of the Kemper, this helped a lot.

Thanks to everyone trying to help and sorry for unnecessary thread :rolleyes:

PS: I also found out that there is a lot of punch in the rokits when listening to music, just needed to be turned up a bit. :thumbup:

Sounds about right :D

Sounds about right :D

I have the same Rokits and had the same problems. I made sure my input volume was lowered and tweaked the eq and everything was better. Wasn't able to turn the them up really loud, just loud enough to annoy my wife :evil: Still it gave me a base to work off of. I thought I was the only one having the problem so don't think your thread was unnecessary, it helped me out. :thumbup:

My HD500 has really worked out good with the Kemper. Got the KPA Fri and have most of my patches done and loaded. This is unheard of with the HD, seemed like I never got done tweaking. Now I have so many tones it's hard to choose. Good problem to have. What's cool is I can incorporate the effects in the HD to work with the KRP. The effects are limited in the KRP but I like that they concentrate on the amps which is why I bought it. In some patches that I like I just shut the amp off on the HD and replace it with the amp I was trying to emulate for the KRP. I also found the Morgan 20 and love it. Thanks for the hint. I also have my JTV Variax loaded in and it changes guitar patches which is pretty awesome. It great for worship services. Just need to stay focused on what's important.

Having fun...better get some sleep. There's always tomorrow. Tweaked a few profiles. So quick and easy. Just listened to the Golub crunch mod Marshall on YouTube wow I want that. Anybody have an idea where it might be? ?(

Hello Profilers,

I have a non powered rack KPA on the way, and am looking forward to it. I have a question about the memory stick. Is this included, and do I need it to get started? Or is this just for downloading new amp profiles? What kind would I need?

Dance, in advance, I've been a tube guy for years, and very active over at TGP.

Me too :D didnt want to steal your thunder but mine will be here tomorrow.

[quote='dmbandtimmy','index.php?page=Thread&postID=123002#post123002']Have you tried the Harmonizer and Pitch FX in the Kemper, or the CK Leslie which CK personally created miking a real Leslie with two SM57s?...are those FX in the Axe-FX11, does the Axe have 'Formant Shift' and 'Pure Tuning' options?
    Can the Axe make Profiles?...you don't need to mic your own amps, you don't need to own any amps.
    The tones and amps you hear in your Kemper are only there because of the Profiling process...no other unit can catch up with the array of different amps the Kemper offers, and new amp Profiles are added everyday.

In other words, the Kemper has it's own features that are completely unique to the digital guitar tone world, enjoy them when you play your Kemper..

Getting my Kemper tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me. I like effects and all those things as much as the next guy but the reason I bought the Kemper is because tone and amps I could never possibly afford are now going to be on my desk. I just sold my MB Lonestar Special. It had only reverb and cost close to $2000. I loved it but when I saw one of the profiles was of the same amp I had++++ thousands more it was a no brainer. Sold all my equip to buy the Kemper and I'm sure I'll never look back. I play in a worship band and all those effects are important. But I just consider them icing on the cake. Just think about it, I spent more on 1 amp than a thousand in the Kemper. The best purchase I ever made. :thumbup:

I just put my most used guitar models in my JTV's first custom bank, and use the 3-way (or 5-way) switch to select.

For rig selection, I'm hoping for a shiny new Kemper Foot Controller this year. :S

Only have had my JTV since Wednesday so just trying to get more familiar with it. The software program is pretty awesome. :thumbup:

Well, how about something so you can hear the fantastic simulations you are going to produce. :P

BTW, I also have a JTV, but the HD500 became useless (except as an expensive foot controller) when the Kemper arrived.

I did keep my DT-50, though (for sentimental reasons).

I hear you. The USB on the HD500 isn't working so it may be out the door soon. Used my hd with my jtv69 and it worked great changing patches and guitar models. Gonna have to see how everything works together. :?:

I'm into classic rock, contemporary Christian worship, probably looking for clean to crunch and some lead tones. So much to chose from I'll just have to go thru and see what I like. I have the James Tyler Variax and HD500 so I have a lot of tweaking to do. If anybody has some suggestions on where to start that would be great. You all seem very helpful to the newbies and hope that I can contribute as I get more into the Kemper. I'm a tweaker so I'll probably spend a lot of time messing around. :huh:

Hey all great to be here...
    Been hanging around the forum for the last couple of months and decided to pull the trigger. Ordered the rack, now the wait begins. I've got to say the info I have gotten from this forum is unbelievable. Please don't get me wrong thinking I'm blowing smoke but you guys have been gentlemen even when you might disagree with something. What that does is to allow us to share things without fear of being fried (or is that flamed). Played in a classic rock band for some time and decided to give it up cause I just got tired of the same scene. In the past few weeks I've sold a boogie Lonestar, various stomps, Presonus sound sys, speakers, Peavey EXP guitar, because I got really jealous hearing all the great things about the Kemper. Like some of you I play in a church worship band and absolutely love it. Just purchased a James Tyler Variax JTV69 and played it for the first time this weekend. Brought my backup guitar just in case but didn't need it. Hooked into my HD500 and it came to life. I can't explain it but I soloed quite a bit and had more compliments on the tone, fatness and cut thru the mix. The Soundman was all smiles and told me it was awesome. This was good but with the Kemper it will be un....believable. ^^ keep up the good work.