Posts by Bevosss

Gain-related devices can indeed be profiled by the KPA, but not the others.

I personally was only talking about fuzz and distortion pedals, I don't think the OP mentioned otherwise either.

So, you are saying we can profile them standalone now? Can you point me to any info on that, ie what profile to start with (a preamp perhaps?) and settings like the cab etc?

what would you do with this detection? You can't run two profiles together, and should run the profiled/detected distortion pedal alone, with no amp. Unless you use two units, as you correctly hinted.

Recording, once I get my 2nd Kemper for my bass player. So yes, stomps in one feeding amps in another. They would be set up for tracking or reamping 2 different profiles at once L and R, quite a quick way to check different blends, so from there it's just a quick patch to run stomps into amps.

That's of course, assuming it does a decent profile of a fuzz/distortion pedal, I haven't seen any yet. :)

Well if the cab can be separated from the amp by comparing to internal models, it sounds feasible you could have an internal fuzz or distortion model to separate an inline gain-related pedal's profile...

Plus if you could run 2 Kempers in series with the first being the stomp box, you'd just need the 1st Kemper's output impedance converted to interace with the 2nd one's input correctly.

True that, unless Kemper could condense it to an fx slot snapshot that required less cpu.

Even so, you could run 2 Kempers in series if it had a 'stomp mode', it would certainly be handy for recording.

Thank you Bevoss im glad you like it
    We're profiling 16 bass amps to release 3 bass profile packs next month.
    Then will be when your bass player will steal your KPA for sure :thumbup:

Only if they're tube amps, and through a fridge!

I really liked that you miced the 8x10 with an RE-20, my favourite mic for bass back in school days. I kinda prefer a Heil PR-40/57 blend now for me.

If you do any tube amps, perhaps you could consider using the SVT 8x10 cab as well along with one of those micing options? Obviously the Boogie 400, possibly the Aguilar as well? And any other tube heads that make the cut.

(actually I always wanted to try an SM7b or M-88, but that's giving too many options now..... :) )

+1, I'm newish but I haven't found any instruction on this so I assume it's not possible yet. I have a nice collection of fuzz pedals I'd love to profile and upload. Even if it's a static profile of 1 great setting, that would be enough for me. :)

As much as I could use this Rig Manager, I kinda hope they fix any outstanding bugs and design imperfections first before they release any new stuff,

eg
    the Performance Mode renaming bug/ + Locking the slot name before actually renaming the slot (so if you change rigs it now has the wrong name),
    deleting all non-favourites doesn't change maximum rig number (so you need to reboot to complete that).
    the various no-sound issues (most hard to replicate, I know, I had one once and never since),

nothing you can't workaround mostly (except maybe no sound on stage), but hey, quality before quantity I say!

That said, an editor will be great news when it's ready... :D

Are you aware, that as soon as you touch one of the soft knobs, the corrsponding value gets displayed big and bold in the middle of the screen? Isn't that sufficient assuming that you are usually checking particular parameters?

Not really, it's more efficient and useful to see all the knob settings at a glance, rather than turning each knob one by one. The option of bolding the values would even out the problems with darker colours. Seems a simple solution to me.

"Until renaming the slot however, it should reflect the current amp loaded, since you may be trying out different rigs or moving them to better slot positions. Having to rename the slots in these circumstances is tedious, extra time for no gain, and confusing."

Agree with bevosss this is a better alternative. Not a bug but poor decision. It has annoyed me on more than one occasion.

Cheers! Yeah that part, and also the non-existing soft switch for slot 1, aren't bugs just annoyances. The one you mentioned is the most time consuming one to work around. And also, there is a random naming bug associated with new slots.

So, just to be totally clear for anyone speed-reading, my best solution would be:

Until renaming the slot, it should reflect the current Rig loaded, since you may be trying out different Rigs or moving them to better slot positions. Having to rename the slots in these circumstances is tedious, extra time for no gain, and confusing.

Plug your guitar in go to any performance it will play because there's a Rig by default.

Again, wrong. Pick any default performance, all the slots are unloaded and empty, and if you check the stack module, there's nothing in there either.

Sound passes through from the guitar, but that hardly qualifies as a rig.

Each Performance always starts with the initialized Rig in slot one.

There will always be a active rig in a performance!

So no you can not have a empty performance!

All 3 statements are wrong. You can save a performance without a rig in slot 1, or without any rigs at all, I just did both. And as said earlier, you might not want a rig in the first slot.

There is very little rational to disable slot one.

Not to you obviously. I'm glad you aren't the designer then! You can't remove a rig from there like the other slots, that's rationale enough. Who said we have to always start from the left slot, except for you?

The only reason rig names are coming up in slots is that a rig had previously loaded before!
    :D

Also untrue, as it happens in the 3rd or 4th slot when first loading slots across, to both me and HELL-G, when there is no previous rig there. IT'S A BUG.

Perhaps you should actually test these problems, instead of repeating the same erroneous statements.

I find the rig screen great for clarity reading the values, especially after I set white balance to 10. (I have a rack so no LEDS except gain for guidance).

On the other hand, some of the fx colours make it real hard to see the values correctly. I appreciate the design for making it intuitive what kind of effect you are working on, but some like the wah and distortion colours really make me have to lean in to see the values clearly.

A solution would be a setting to have the values in bold, or alternatively increase their size.

I'm sure some other users have the same problem. I'd prefer not to need glasses to operate the Kemper easily!

Thanks for reading! :)

Thank you HELL-G for actually testing the reported bug. I get similar though not exact behaviour, slot 4 shows slot 1's rig name. It depends which slot you start on also. I did test alot before originally posting, :)

As for reloading a slot vs renaming:

The behaviour should be, if the slot has been RENAMED already, then the name remains locked. That is useful behaviour. That will keep verse, chorus, etc if you desire them that way.

Until renaming the slot however, it should reflect the current amp loaded, since you may be trying out different rigs or moving them to better slot positions. Having to rename the slots in these circumstances is tedious, extra time for no gain, and confusing.

You can not have a empty performance that would = no sound.Slot one with always have a Rig assigned, you can load any Rig to slot one

Yes you can have an empty performance, and you can assign to slots without assigning to slot 1. What if I don't need slot 1 to have a rig? Or I put one there than change my mind? You have to do some convoluted moving to remove the rig.

it is illogical, and not useful, to have no soft switch for slot 1 loading/unloading (perhaps not a bug then, but bad design).

I don't think you are following me.

I'm in Performance mode with 5 slots. I load a different Rig in each slot, by the time I get to the fourth slot, instead of showing the 4th Rig's correct name in the slot, it shows the 1st Rig's name instead.

That's not by design, because it makes no logical sense to show the wrong Rig's name.

This is nothing to do with the Performance name.

I had a similar problem though not at a gig. I've had my Kemper about 10 days now, after 3 days I left it on for a long period and had been loading profiles into it and backing up etc, I plugged in and no sound! Flicking through the profiles I found a few at the start (renamed with numbers prefixing them) that worked, but no others would. I rebooted and the problem went away, but sure made me feel a bit suss about using it at a gig.

Just found another bug in the performance mode, makes you wonder who's testing this software before release...do they have a beta team here? There should at least be a bug forum so you can check if it's a known bug before you report it.

I couldn't find the forum for bugs so I'm posting it here.

I'm on 2.2.1 Release, newish user, just started creating performance slots. I've found that the slot name doesn't always match the loaded amp name underneath the performance name.

I can actually load up 5 correct slots starting from right to left, however if I then change one it brings up the name from the leftmost slot.

If I start loading from the left, by the 4th slot it usually happens then. Moving the corrupted slot moves the problem with it.

Also, my leftmost slot never has a soft button for "slot enabled' like the others, is that normal?

I'm a bit hesitant to use it now as my clean sound goes in the left slot, don't want that popping up where a dirty sound should be! It seems to load the correct sound ok but it looks sketchy.

FWIW I've rebooted several times, updated from the beta, nothing fixes it. Hopefully someone can confirm this or show me a fix.

I really liked this also, I was surprised to find it there without any announcement. Now I know who made it, kudos, awesome job Mike. I've been concentrating on bass and forgot to go back over this one so thanks for the reminder! :)

As for that tone mentioned earlier, +1 from me too. Cheers