Posts by Bevosss

Thanks for the info!

Australia is a nightmare for music gear

I'm kicking myself I didnt get a 2nd hand one recently it was such a good price....I'd die without mine (speak of the devil another one just came up for sale locally :)

Yeah it's a rort here! Shipping costs kill us, not to mention the exchange rate. It was good for a while importing stuff there when the US dollar was lower, now it's going to get even worse as the new government will apply 10% GST to anything over $20 imported (starting March).

I'd check the manufacture date of any secondhand KPA if I were you, you don't want to get a bad batch of LEDs.

Personally I think anyone gigging with a Kemper or using it fulltime in a Studio business should have or share a second Kemper as well for a backup, at least until they iron out the manufacturing issues with the audio inputs and the hardware DSP errors. The Virus is pretty solid IIRC so hopefully KPAs will end up bulletproof like Roland/Boss pedals eventually.

JBL LSR305s are the bang for buck monitor now. Accurate, wide sweet spot (it has the same tweeter as the $10 000 flagship model), goes down to 43Hz flat, should fill your room without bloated fake bass.

Sweetwater has a special on for $225 pair atm if you are in the states.

Just for home use mind. :)

Wow, that's a bad trot man, sorry to hear it. I don't blame you for being a bit pissed. It's always dodgy buying digital stuff from O/S, it saves money initially but any problems and you're up a creek. Innovative are a damn good distributor to be honest, they fixed my fireface for free (that I bought 'open box' from the states).

I'd be scared to recommend it for live use too with that track record, you would wanna mention your bands history with it just to cover yourself.

- My favourites are Friedman and Tungston,
    The Friedman is incredible warm, versatile and authentic, one of the best profiles I heard and already one of my favourites. And if you use the Tungston's "TUNG-Full" profile, ZZ Top's "La Grange" and "Tush" are just around the corner..... ;)

Thanks for the tip Guenter, it was spot on. Two of the best profiles available imo, cheers. You were right about La Grange..... :)

[quote='Bevosss','index.php?page=Thread&postID=131414#post131414']I would never expect that this must be explained in a manual.

And yet 2 users at least thought the front connector was ok to use. Doesn't hurt to mention it won't work, one small sentence is all it needs in the manual.

Like I said, I forgot about the one on the back because I never use it. I bet I'm not the last user to do that.

Please add the information that you HAVE to use the usb port on the backside whicht is a USB-B connector. Today i bought a USB-A to A cable, using front usb port and wasting lots of time looking for the problem.

THANK YOU DrFaust! I forgot about the one on the back (I never use it), I'd put off using RM because I don't actually have a type A to A cable...now I see I don't need that either! Thanks for saving me much time and anguish (and probably posting about it here).

By now, I should be used to Kemper leaving out important info from the manual (very first step in the basic manual, how to set the clock for just one example)..... :D

edit: forgot to add, thank you muchly meambobo and wiki team for adding this Rig Manager page. :)

Great intentions here, but I don't think this thread is the answer. Look at how long this thread has become based on one 'bug'.

Reaper has a great model for this. A Bug sub-forum, where users post there supposed bugs in threads, and others attempt to duplicate it.

Once verified as a bug by 2 or more users and/or a moderator/beta tester, a new post could then be added to a stickied thread of current verified bugs, linked to the original bug thread. Only moderators should be able to add and edit posts to the stickied thread, and when an issue is fixed or resolved, renaming or prefixing it Closed,Fixed, or Not A Bug in the original thread/stickied post.

All discussion should take place in the original thread to avoid polluting the 'verified bug' thread. (Reaper actually has an issue tracker for this, but I'm sure a simple stickied thread would suffice for now).

* I actually have a few months old bug to do with performance mode slot names, it was verified by Hell_G and Timo said he would look into it, but I've seen nothing since. I'll wait for some improvement in bug noting rather than pollute this thread more.

Like I said, great intentions by nightlight, I do think some version of my idea would be a better solution in the long run, it's fairly well tested as a working model in Reaper. Check it yourselves:

http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

I don't think it's possible with the CLR, it has dual inputs only I believe, no ouputs IIRC? How are you finding the CLR.?, I've been considering getting a stereo pair for live and studio use.

I'd go monitor out (cab sim off) - mesa fx return in - 4x12

and the balanced out going to the CLR.

edit: checked the manual, the CLR link output is only a clone of the incoming signal, not powered of course, so sorry, it won't power your 4 x 12.

The FP2600 does around 600Watts @ 8 ohms (I'm guessing based on 840W@ 4 ohms), pretty close to the powerhead. C Kemper has stated the powerhead amp's 600w is equivalent to a 100W valve head. Plus Lab Gruppen has a pretty good name for clarity.

Also, it's the 2nd cheapest. The Yamaha one is a bit underpowered I think. Go the larger Lab.Guppen if money doesn't matter, the tone should be the same, just an amazing amount of volume (careful with your cab!)

Pity there's no Matrix suppliers in Oz to test, that would be probably have the most valve-like reponse for a SS amp.

If you need massive amount of SPL and a huge impulsive power then I'd go for an external amp aimed at amplifying an electric bass :)

I don't need either...just an amp that can do 4 ohms safely, like most bass players use. And apparently the 1000A IS capable according to their specs. So, disappointing, still have to lug around extra iron....

Wow, that sucks if you're a bass player or use a 4 ohm full range monitor for guitar (me = both). 1000w @ 4ohms would have been more than perfect.

I can't believe that have that in their specs, yet the protection circuit doesn't work at 4 ohms. Did someone say Accusation Switch? (a little Accugroove joke ) :D

So I take it the protection circuit is in the power amp right, not a Kemper feature?

I think I'm going to email B+O and see whats up with their false advertising. Imagine if Matrix did that! Hopefully they'll upgrade their amp one day to a working spec.

edit: from reading the 1000A pdf, it doesn't have a thermal shutdown feature built in, so if the protection circuit is covering that, that's from Kemper's end. Which sounds like it's Kemper's protection circuit to blame, not the 1000A... :cursing:

1000A

Does this have something to do with the initial kemper profile I have selected when I start the profiling process?. I just can't seem to get that same bright direct sound I get from the reference amp. Maybe the KPA can't do a direct non-cab preamp direct sound? :S

It can do it perfectly, I cloned my mic preamp and couldn't be happier. I used the free Liquid Avalon 737 profile as the initial profile, it worked great (it's also an excellent valve mic preamp profile, great for Bass).

The SVT track will be pretty compressed already, I'm not sure you'll gain anything by comping before reamping (but feel free to try it). I'd definitely compress the DI if you blend it though, and maybe character compress the buss as well. Those Slate plugins sound great on Bass (Tape, VCC, VBC)...actually on everything imo... :)

Btw you should be able to record the SVT and DI in one pass via the spdif, since it's a mono track you want. Then just reamp to try different gain levels or amps/fx.

I understand your pain bikedude, I had moments like this myself. If you're like me you read the supplied manual, and then screamed at all the missing steps (like telling you what to do, but not how...like the very first thing it tells you to do, setting the clock). Then you have to post a question and scroll through all the RTFM answers before some kind soul posts the answer. The main problem is a lot of info is spread out over 3 manuals (counting the addendum), but they don't mention that fact in the manual you get with the profiler.

I had similar problems at first. I understand Kemper recommends a 4GB drive, although it works for me on an 8. Sometimes it's slow to recognise the drive and I have to reinsert. It can take a few seconds before it shows up, under soft button #3 (just above the display). It will say external storage. Press that, and then you will see from left to right,

Backup/Restore Import/Export .... Format Device (under soft key #4)

Hit #4, and it should format your drive. You should then be able to do a backup using Soft key #1.

Exit out of that, pull out the drive and check on your PC there are 3 folders, Backups, OS Update, and Shared, if there is it formatted correctly.

You can then copy downloaded profiles (.kipr) to the shared folder, then plug it back in to the Kemper and select:

External Storage -Import/Export - Import

and it will import any new rigs on your drive
    Hope that helps, sorry if I missed any steps.

A blend of DI and that awesome Blueline Crunch would be my pic, on separate tracks with a combined buss (or in a folder in Reaper), just bring the fader up on the DI until the bottom end feels really solid and punchy, and the overall tone becomes more steely. Check phasing and low cut if necessary. The free Liquid Avalon 737 profile makes a mean direct sound also, I'd reamp a take with that against the straight DI and compare. If you want to use the Kemper fx, the new parallel mode will be the way to go. Try all these options on one song and you'll be able to work out a good workflow from there.